can, also in 1080.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Re: All ye filmmakers!

Post by Calloutman »

+1

I can record.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Sounds like a consensus around 720p lagrith, I'll record as well.
ImageImageImage
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

The codec shouldn't really matter. If the final product is going to be a YouTube video, which it is most likely going to be, YT itself is the best distribution platform. This makes file format and codec irrelevant. Just as long as everyone is recording atleast 720p and at decent frame- and bitrate, we should be alright.

Also, if you record your mic with Dxtory, make sure to seperate the audio streams and tweak the volume so your voice is just as loud as everyone else's.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

If the goal output is 720p, then there's no point in recording in a higher res, especially since we'll have to send this to someone to edit at some point.
ImageImageImage
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

I'll record as well ( including fc if needed) however I may need some dxtory guru to help me! I thunk it's set up but not too sure.
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

I use OBS. I haven't been able to record BF3 on 1080p without lags, so it will have to be 720p. (10000 kb/s bitrate x264)
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

I will record using Dxtory.

Sao these were Loa's settings posted in a thread for video capturing. I use the same.

http://imgur.com/a/OvB9z

Dumb question: How I know m recording at 720p ? Also, do u know why my videos are cut on the top and bottom of the screen? It could be cuz i have the minimap closer to the center but not sure. For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdqgdnrD ... re=mh_lolz
Last edited by undrt0w on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

und3rt0w wrote:I will record using Dxtory.

Sao these were Loa's settings posted in a thread for video capturing. I use the same.

http://imgur.com/a/OvB9z

Dumb question: How I know m recording at 720p ?
I know that answer!! On one of the tabs it tells you what resolution your recording in and you can manually change it.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

OK, so Loa's settings should be good for 720p. M using the resolution. But with my video being cut, it will mess up the editing :(
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Madsgyver
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Madsgyver »

Can record.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Can record, but getting the material to you might be faster if I sent it to you taped to a pigeons leg rather than uploading..
the end is really fµcking nigh
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

und3rt0w wrote:OK, so Loa's settings should be good for 720p. M using the resolution. But with my video being cut, it will mess up the editing :(
It depends on what resolution you use in your monitor! You gotta check what it is and put it in the settings, unless it's 1080p then it's gonna be more taxing on your hardware, that's why we put 720p then. But both 1080p and 720p have the same aspect ratio, that's why nothing is cut.

Use the below table to find other resolutions with the same aspect ratio of the one you use in your monitor, if the native resolution is too high to record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_re ... r_monitors
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Now that we have quite a list of ppl who can record, there's 3 more things we need to establish:

1) Any volunteers to edit the gathered footage? The gathered material would serve as raw footage from which primarily a video portraying the typical GC battleday would be made, and secondarily funny moments, cool moments and whatnot (for example dogfights only from both jet pilots' perspectives simultaneously, just throwing ideas, possibilities are endless.).

2) What map should it be filmmed on? Things to keep in mind while choosing: frequency of no-gun-glitch appearing, possiblities of strats, possibilities to show all assets in use, my suggestion: Operation Firestorm

3) Would we use the freecam thingy? Is it worth it?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

I can help edit. If we use freecam we may want to stick with open air maps rather than maps with a lot of warehouses and closed spaces. I just think flying around through walls may be a bit too sloppy looking for a project like this. If we can figure out a way to track players as they move this wouldn't be a problem though.
That said, I think first person perspectives from the players will work just fine too.