Moderator: Executive

Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: All ye filmmakers!

Post by Sarantini »

I can help with picking footage.
Here are my suggestions.
I Think the freecam is an amazing tool for this. If the TA's and FC's are okay with it i would give the FC's the freecam instead of the mav.

Maps
Caspian Border, Karkand , bandaar desert
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

i can record and edit, i use fraps to record, the biggest problem i believe its going to be the sending of the footage due to is going to take a very long time the files tend to get pretty big.

in editing i have premiere the freecam feature would be the best but in case we dont get it we need to make sure we get the action from both sides and from different perspectives, air tank infantry commander etc, start beginning if its a close end need to try to get as much footage to choose from and not just sticking to certain locations, mixing the freecam with firstperson view would be awesome
C3:ImageC6Image
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

I can record. Presumably I can provide it in mp4 format (outputted from Sony Vegas)? I usually record at 30fps/720p using Dxtory with Lagarith codec and that averages about 1GB/min of footage. Transferring a 20GB file would be ridiculous. An mp4 for me is usually about 1GB for 20 minutes.

Firestorm has my vote for best map. Has all the assets and has consistently produced well balanced/interesting games.
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

For Export Settings, I recommend the ones that JackFrags uses for his videos (WMV, VBR Quality, 85%) although a lower quality might be better. I use around 65-75% for full rounds and it works well. :)
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Kuchenfari wrote:For Export Settings, I recommend the ones that JackFrags uses for his videos (WMV, VBR Quality, 85%) although a lower quality might be better. I use around 65-75% for full rounds and it works well. :)

Yeah, but Jack also uses a sharpness filter and I think he also adds a bit motion blur.

I export myh vids to mp4 using GPU acceleration with sony vegas because i dont want to wait for ages
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

mrBLUE9 wrote:
und3rt0w wrote:OK, so Loa's settings should be good for 720p. M using the resolution. But with my video being cut, it will mess up the editing :(
It depends on what resolution you use in your monitor! You gotta check what it is and put it in the settings, unless it's 1080p then it's gonna be more taxing on your hardware, that's why we put 720p then. But both 1080p and 720p have the same aspect ratio, that's why nothing is cut.

Use the below table to find other resolutions with the same aspect ratio of the one you use in your monitor, if the native resolution is too high to record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_re ... r_monitors
my monitor's res is 1680x1050 which is 16:10 ratio. i guess that's why is being cut. so, i should change the resolution in dxtory to fit the one of the monitor? but that will put more stress on the hardware? or maybe just change the resolution of the monitor to lets say 1600x900 (if i can)?

i don't know about freecam. in the tournament with 16 players, it was going quite fast at times. if you are directing its another thing, but when it jumps from fights to fights you get dizzy.

wouldn't it be better to just compress it to youtube format and then send the files?
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

freecam would be good for some scenes like the brakeout. But that can be faked any time :P
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

und3rt0w wrote: my monitor's res is 1680x1050 which is 16:10 ratio. i guess that's why is being cut. so, i should change the resolution in dxtory to fit the one of the monitor? but that will put more stress on the hardware? or maybe just change the resolution of the monitor to lets say 1600x900 (if i can)?
Yes! Try it with 1680x1050 and see if your FPS drop too much or not. If the game gets too unplayable you can try lower resolutions with the same aspect ratio like 1440x900.

Just to confirm, you use 1680x1050 on BF also, right?
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

yeap. but i use 1280x720 in Dxtory.
thx for the help! :thumbup:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

do anyone uses fraps anymore?
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Everybody please check the OP, it has been updated with the final date of the filming, map, codec and perspectives.

If you CAN'T make it to record the first 2 rounds of the 15.06. battle and you are on the perspectives list, post here so I can remove you.

If you CAN record the first 2 rounds of the 15.06. and you're not on the list post here and I'll add you.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

u forgot me :(

and i have like, 5 posts in this thread....m disappoint :lol:

so, i will fix the res and have it working to record on the 15th.
Welcome Committee Member

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

und3rt0w wrote:u forgot me :(

and i have like, 5 posts in this thread....m disappoint :lol:

so, i will fix the res and have it working to record on the 15th.
sry, thought you wouldn't record because of those issues. Added now.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Not 100% certain yet that I can attend (about 76.4%), but if I'm there I'll record.
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

solmartig wrote:do anyone uses fraps anymore?
ill take the silence as a no :(