All ye filmmakers!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: All ye filmmakers!

Post by Hitman47 »

Gentlemen, I have been updating the OP with the links you have been posting to your recordings, to all of you who have posted them by now - thank you! To others on the list in the OP, reply here if you were not present or did not record so I can remove you from the list.

To the editors, time for you guys to set up a meeting for you 3, organize yourselves and start work. You can all 3 work on one movie, or each of you make one, that way we get 3 movies in one go, what you choose is up to you. A deadline and progress reports would be nice.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

as it seems right now im not able to record, for some reason my FPS drop is too huge, i been trying different settings but it doesnt seem to work, im going to give dxtory a try to see if it goes better with it. I can still edit if you want me to? i would like to do it but since im not recording ill have to download all the fottage
C3:ImageC6Image
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

solmartig wrote:as it seems right now im not able to record, for some reason my FPS drop is too huge, i been trying different settings but it doesnt seem to work, im going to give dxtory a try to see if it goes better with it. I can still edit if you want me to? i would like to do it but since im not recording ill have to download all the fottage
the filming is done, check the OP for links to vids, now editing starts.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

downloading some of the footage atm, i could prob just download it all and just check through everything

jokerly's footage looks good, quality wise play wise i wanna facepalm myself a couple of times :P

nah just jk
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

@solmartig

I'm downloading as well. Since we have LOTS of footage to cover let me know if there are any particularly good moments you've seen so far that we want to include. I myself will start combing through the videos for good parts as well. I'll start editing once I've gone through the footage. Again, if there are any editing tasks you want me to do let me know as well. :thumbup:
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i changed my Sony Vegas rendering properties and it seems the video comes out sharper and the colors aren't distorted.
so i'll re-upload the videos.

its not supposed to be a frag movie, but emphasize the tactical side.
so IMO it should start with the breakout strat, maybe do one the way daskro is drawing arrows and stuff, based on the strat. (my video has the strat), then just cover the breakout from the MAV, cover the breakout from some perspective, preferable from above where everything is seen, but a tank or another vehicle which is a bit behind everyone gets the point too.
if there is an overview of the initial cap that would be nice, and then start showing how flags are being pushed.
like get the FC order, if possible an overview of the flag, so its easy to understand all the different parties, and then go to a POV until its capped or the attack failed.
for example
http://youtu.be/mLXWCtdSTNM?t=13m56s - command to push Delta, you see a jeep coming in from the left, hard to see but im a bit further from delta, and then you can go to my POV
http://youtu.be/GtXkCQyRF5M?t=26m47s

it would be great if you could get a POV from the jeep that gets there first, and ya know, combine POVs from multiple people until the fight over the point is over, but it seems like a lot less people recorded then expected, and its hard to find more then one POV on the same flag.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Necromancer wrote:it would be great if you could get a POV from the jeep that gets there first, and ya know, combine POVs from multiple people until the fight over the point is over, but it seems like a lot less people recorded then expected, and its hard to find more then one POV on the same flag.
I'm not really sure if this is actually necessary depending on the footage we have, but before people start putting in a load of work into editing, do you think it would be worth trying to get a load of people to record a different battle?
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

that is really not my call to make.
but from 20 volunteers (not sure how many Hitman already deleted) we got only 9 POVs (6 SCAR, 3 UN).
not too much...
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Necro, what are your Sony Vegas current settings?

My video is cut from all sides in youtube...dunno why, so if you will use it and need better quality tell me and I will find a way to get you the raw file.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i used the default internet 1920*1080p
but i have a 22" monitor with native support for 1680*1050, so i created a my own custom template, put the width and height in, set the bitrate to 20,000 (the internet one is set to 16K).
not sure if it does anything, but in the video properties i also changed the template to a 32 floating point pixel format.
im not sure, but i think now the colors don't get weird after rendering, and it seems a bit sharper to me. but it might be just psychological :?

on the other hand, i don't know if youtube simply doesn't recognize it as a 1080p HD, or is still struggling to render it in that quality. it should be because its smaller size (1680 vs 1920) and yet 1 GB bigger.

you can compare the two here
old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtXkCQyRF5M
new: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5979YIenOwA
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

anyone else having trouble dowloading the videos from youtube?, i have tried 3 diff softwares and well the first one worked well except for it only let me download 1 and then the speed went down to 0.1kb/s unless i bought it, the free youtube dowloader converter it was good downloading the films as avi but when i tried to imported to adobe premiere is would tell me is wrong format, i downloaded a short video as a mp4 it worked good, i downloaded 1 big video took about 20 hrs and then all i got was still pictures of the video with the sound like the game was a 1 fps per minute or something, and realplayer format all i get is a green screen when i import it to premiere.

how is everyone else doing it?
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

I use http://en.savefrom.net/ (I use it as a chrome app)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

JDownloader
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

youtube-dl on linux/command line and the FF addon DownloadHelper.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

was late that day, only have half a round of c4 jeeps :X