"Leaked" BF4 Alpha pics

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: "Leaked" BF4 Alpha pics

Post by Digz »

why I clicked...damn shame. even the COD kids are considering going back...
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

looks like an expansion pack.
costs like an original game.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

Before you all go crazy about the crap graphics. It says that it isn't a representation of real graphics. They say it's a test of the FUNCTIONS of the menu and the game...

It's going to be good
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Forgive me if I'm being nieve but why all the hate? (This is gunna come across as ranty and flamy and I don't mean it to be)

People seem to be complaining that "it looks the sameish". I don't get what is wrong with this. BF3 doesn't look bad so what's bad about BF4 looking like BF3. (in before lazy dev excuses) "Changing the model a bit" Yes, that's what happens. It can easily be argued that the BF3 models are BF2 ones changed a bit. Slightly changed hud is still a changed hud, and besides, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The BF3 one works and is stylised so you know it's from the BF franchise. TBH I'd be more worried if they totally changed it.

The ME3 style of unlocks is personal preference I guess. I do prefer the way it is in BF3 atm but the ME3 one isn't broken in my opinion. Others are welcome to differ.

At the end of the day, I personally don't care how it looks. A game with amazing, shiny graphics and used toilet water for gameplay is a bad game. A ugly as a baboon's rear end game with solid, fun game play is a good game (provided the graphics don't screw up the gameplay). Obviously we want both but beggars can't be choosers and I'd go for solid gameplay over graphics any day of the week. If the gameplay (presumably shown at E3) is man bits then I'm gunna be worried. Until then...
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

yea Sloth but from BF2 to BF3 was a giant leap in graphics so you can't compare that at all, not to mention a new engine, besides it didn't go from BF2 to BF3 it went from BC2 to BF3.

I don't care if graphics stay same and if they change HUD, I want better gameplay, which so far I havn't seen change at all. I don't care about them forcing pubbers to do teamwork I care that we can implement stuff at GC.

So all I want from BF4 are commander overlay, increased squad size and slower paced gaming (which can be easily achieved by increasing recoil whilst moving, playing around with suppresion and how much damage weapons do). Also I want different colored tags above different squads from same team, not jst green and everybody else. IMO these few changes would mean A LOT for BF4 to be more like BF2 and less like COD because right now BF3 is COD with vehicles.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Alpha or pre-Alpha xbox pictures? Come one, of course it looks like crap :D
The final PC version will look awesome and we all we be amazed! I will bet a cheesecake on it.

Well, gameplay is a different and very personal thing and I am sure some people will hate BF4, just because it does not fulfill their personal hopes.

(Why does the forum change "s h i t" to crap?)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Let's hope some things will improve... Like Medic would be black again =D
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

The weapon selector in these pictures look a lot like the weapon selector in the carrier trailer so i think its real.
The vehicle ammo in the trailer was limited as well btw
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

well I was talking about the menu and model...
its also clear that the single player is going to be shorter as all new games
seem to fail in that.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

A Docile Sloth wrote:Forgive me if I'm being nieve but why all the hate? (This is gunna come across as ranty and flamy and I don't mean it to be)

People seem to be complaining that "it looks the sameish". I don't get what is wrong with this. BF3 doesn't look bad so what's bad about BF4 looking like BF3. (in before lazy dev excuses) "Changing the model a bit" Yes, that's what happens. It can easily be argued that the BF3 models are BF2 ones changed a bit. Slightly changed hud is still a changed hud, and besides, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The BF3 one works and is stylised so you know it's from the BF franchise. TBH I'd be more worried if they totally changed it.

The ME3 style of unlocks is personal preference I guess. I do prefer the way it is in BF3 atm but the ME3 one isn't broken in my opinion. Others are welcome to differ.

At the end of the day, I personally don't care how it looks. A game with amazing, shiny graphics and used toilet water for gameplay is a bad game. A ugly as a baboon's rear end game with solid, fun game play is a good game (provided the graphics don't screw up the gameplay). Obviously we want both but beggars can't be choosers and I'd go for solid gameplay over graphics any day of the week. If the gameplay (presumably shown at E3) is man bits then I'm gunna be worried. Until then...
For the graphics, I think a lot of people expected them to really be massively improved and crazy good quality; the notion being that the hardware of the ps3 and xbox360 have been holding back the graphical progress. What we're seeing is basically the same stuff as BF3, not what we might expect with a brand new xbox & playstation being developed for. I don't care about grafixx much either, but I can see the reasons for disappointment.

I never played me3, so I have no clue about the unlock system. I just recognized it from screenshots of both games. If we get unlocks through progression still instead of ONLY through buying the unlock packs, then no big deal.

Gameplay will likely be identical. This leads a lot of people to wonder: Why even buy the new game when I can just keep playing the old one? After all, they're almost identical games (Save some different maps and minor changes in weapons variety.) So I'll ask, would you pay 60$ again to add new maps, commander mode & 5 man squads into BF3?

New maps look good, assuming they're all of the caliber we saw in the preview video. (not hugely likely)

There will probably be some different guns that correspond to different real world weapons.

We'll still be locked into the battlelog/origin DRM system. The very same one which has caused me such personal grief all while playing bf3. (Locked out for days due to EA's broken tech, friend's list being deleted, etc.)

The new features seem pretty sparse. There's gonna be commander mode (I don't quite know what this even is), 5 player squads & I'm REALLY hoping for spectator mode & REAL E-sports support.

Personally, I don't know if this small list of actual NEW features warrants buying an entire new game. It will play almost exactly like BF3, a game that I already own and have a lot of time invested into playing.

I can only compare it too buying a digital record, and then the record publisher says "Hey, we've got a new bonus track for the record, and all you need to do in order to listen too it is buy the entire record again!" Then again, maybe I'm being too cynical. I mean, people love all the HL2 episodes, and they're basically all a continuation of the same game (and with lots of recycled assets, might I add).
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Fields wrote: For the graphics, I think a lot of people expected them to really be massively improved and crazy good quality; the notion being that the hardware of the ps3 and xbox360 have been holding back the graphical progress. What we're seeing is basically the same stuff as BF3, not what we might expect with a brand new xbox & playstation being developed for. I don't care about grafixx much either, but I can see the reasons for disappointment.
True, I can understand that. However, the next gen console are still some way behind the top end PC curve. I don't know for certain but I'd happily take a punt that those consoles are going to maybe be able to play the equivalent to current High (potentially Ultra at a stretch) so a massive graphical leap never seemed to be on the cards to me.