Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: another EA scam possibly?

Post by haruky »

wizekraker wrote:http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=5 ... a%20Rising

Really EA????
Day one DLC. I Hope this is not true.
What are your guys thoughts?
Eh. It's become a standard. Let's stop with the EA hate circle jerk. You guys will still buy the game anyway!
Image[/url]
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

C5: LOD/Corporal
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Seriously? This site is trolling for page views. Y'know BF3 had this "Day 1 DLC" - It was called Back to Karkand, and it didn't come out on day one. It was also free to those who preordered BF3. If you want to be worried about something, be worried about the (actually seen) "Battlepacks."
/reason

Err, OMG EA LITERALLY HITLER BOYKOTT!!!11!!1!.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Róka

Post by Róka »

I don't understand anymore.. are you guys trolling? If you're not going to buy the game then don't. And like Henidhor said, B2K was basically Day 1 DLC, and what does it make a difference? It's free if you pre-order the game so it's basically part of the base game.
ImageImage
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Frosteyy wrote:Image
I support this... with my credit card.
axeman22222

Post by axeman22222 »

To my understanding you get that DLC if you pre-order so........ they are basically saying why don't you buy our game before and get a bunch of bonus stuff for no extra price or you could buy it later and not get anything.........
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

axeman22222 wrote:To my understanding you get that DLC if you pre-order so........ they are basically saying why don't you buy our game before and get a bunch of bonus stuff for no extra price or you could buy it later and not get anything.........
No thats my not point. The point is they are purposely witholding maps that should have been released with vanilla game. Instead they make it DLC and charge for it.
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

wizekraker wrote:
axeman22222 wrote:To my understanding you get that DLC if you pre-order so........ they are basically saying why don't you buy our game before and get a bunch of bonus stuff for no extra price or you could buy it later and not get anything.........
No thats my not point. The point is they are purposely witholding maps that should have been released with vanilla game. Instead they make it DLC and charge for it.
Essentially, a cash grab. But if you gonna buy, why not just pre-order it. You don't need to do it now. I remember LE BF3 pre-orders like a few days before launch.
C5: LOD/Corporal
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

Frosteyy wrote:
wizekraker wrote:
Essentially, a cash grab. But if you gonna buy, why not just pre-order it. You don't need to do it now. I remember LE BF3 pre-orders like a few days before launch.
Yeah Im pre-ordering just slightly disappointment
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

BEFORE YOU COMMENT:
read the date on kraker's link:
22-may....

this is old news.
the scam kraker is referring too, is all that did that pre-order for b2k
got amazed when the premium launch got out, and they all paid again big amount.
if they all waited and not pre-order, they would have gotten B2k with the premium.

but!
the dilemma still stands from that case:
will you pay to get stuff earlier as possible?
or wait, save money, get a patched game, and pay 1 time for all the
content that came out, and will come out?

untill EA will set loose their next title....
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

No, it's not a scam. No, it's not a cash grab. I don't think the DLC will be available Day 1; it will likely be just like the Back to Karkand DLC. And even if it is available to download day 1, that doesn't mean it was withheld from the vanilla game. Game discs go to the printer weeks before the launch date, and during that time, the maps could have a lot of finishing work done on them.

If you want to argue that the base game is not worth the money, go for it. Earlier BF games certainly had many more maps than either BF3 or 4. DICE used to release free maps for their base games through Bad Company 2. But that policy is no longer in effect since EA bough them, and they are going to continue with their working business plan which is $15 map pack and a premium service for a discounted price and extra exclusives. I have no idea why you would be surprised or disappointed with that since it was exactly the same case with BF3.

So again, if you don't like the business practice, DON'T BUY THE CONTENT! If you are so compelled, COMPLAIN ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS ABOUT THE COST! But don't go around suggesting it's some diabolical price gouging scheme when it obviously isn't; it just makes you look foolish.

Also keep in mind that had they not charged for the DLC, it likely wouldn't exist. EA would just have them move onto their next project. They aren't going to let them waste their time on something that doesn't make money. A business can't survive on good will.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Patience...

Buy a russian vanilla/LE key. 20-30 dollars saved.
If you bought Vanilla, wait till the 2nd expansion (2-3 months) and grab the premium service.

Fool me once...

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

The battlefield "community" is probably the most ungrateful community in the world.

BF4 is basically Battlefield 2, but in this generation. We got everything we wanted. And people still find something to complain about.
wizekraker wrote: Really EA????
Day one DLC. I Hope this is not true.
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

LoA wrote:The battlefield "community" is probably the most ungrateful community in the world.
no. LoL.