Idea to promote GC.

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Hgx

Idea to promote GC.

Post by Hgx »

It's no secret that we lack the amount of players that we used to have in previous campaigns. Don't get me wrong, most of the time we still have enough people, but sometimes we have to move people around and make them play in other divisions and things like that.
So... I got an idea the other day.

We all know Daskro, he promoted GC and he still does. (I came here cause of his videos)
Is there any way we can contact Daskro to see if he can get in contact with guys like LvLcap and Matimi0 and give them a try?
We could just have them play together for both armies (like 1 map/round then they switch) and give GC a try.

I know somebody (won't say who) said that they are only just pubbers, but they also love organized teamplay, maybe they like the idea and they can help us promote GC now that BF 3 is dying.
Im not saying they should stick here forever or play all the time, but who knows...

Thoughts?
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Idea to promote GC.

Post by Jokerle »

It is a good idea!
I added your suggestion to the thread about possible outreach activities in the supporting member section.

There is also a discussion going on about the community size we ideally want. Current consensus is too be careful with big promotions to avoid being overwhelmed. So the senate would like to steer big promotions like this.

Also, my guess is one can write them simply a well worded youtube message...
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Jokerle wrote:It is a good idea!
I added your suggestion to the thread about possible outreach activities in the supporting member section.

There is also a discussion going on about the community size we ideally want. Current consensus is too be careful with big promotions to avoid being overwhelmed. So the senate would like to steer big promotions like this.

Also, my guess is one can write them simply a well worded youtube message...
Yeah that's why I said only LvL and Matimi0, or maybe only one of them could work too.
About the youtube PM... im not so sure, they probably have hundreds of PMs there to read.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

PLEASE NO

The amount of people that would send would completely kill everything. Website included.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

I think they are more of the pub hero kind than organized match players. I don't think I've seen a single video of theirs promoting this kind of game style. Since it wouldn't contribute much to their channel I doubt they'd go for it.
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

My biggest concern is simply bringing in a large flow of BF3 players right as a BF3 is about to end and there will be a short hiatus/drawdown in the organized play during the beta and early after the release of BF4. I would rather hold such publicity activities until at least after BF4 is released, and in the interim simply continue to rely on the continued small number of new players who find us to keep the server mostly full.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I think we may get less people who just want to play and more people who want to harass the popular youtuber, assuming they promote it as if they were playing with us.
s0urce

Post by s0urce »

http://forum.symthic.com/

scroll down to the bottom of the page and look at the record for visits...that was 5-10 minutes after xfactor released his video about hbar+fg...

So the concerns noted here are right. I would look for smaller youtubers which show interest in the comp scene themselves.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

whats wrong with overwhelming numbers again?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Necromancer wrote:whats wrong with overwhelming numbers again?
  • Website will crash
  • People can't handle that many sign ups
  • Website will crash
  • We would have to buy more slots for TS, 500 at the moment
  • Website will crash
  • We would have to use multiple servers, which is hard to manage RISK, and balance wise
  • WEBSITE WILL CRASH
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

you think more then 500 people will join TS at the same time?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Necromancer wrote:you think more then 500 people will join TS at the same time?
I'm getting the sense he's worried about the website crashing ;-)
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Necromancer wrote:whats wrong with overwhelming numbers again?
there is nothing wrong with it, assuming as a community we are prepared for it.

currently, we are not prepared for it, therefore, right now it is bad. If we get enough officers, TAs, etc. to run 4 armies, then we can recruit more and get more TS slots and do something with the website to make sure it doesn't crash and so forth. But to do it right now (or in the near future for that matter) is not a good idea as our infrastructure cannot support it at this time.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

The most basic answer is that if 500 people showed up it would be bad because those 500 would have a bad time and not a true GC experience.

Long times spent sitting out in huge waiting rooms, little time in game mostly with other new players, stressed and barely visible officers trying to manage an army an order of magnitude larger than expected, chaotic rounds, crashing websites, full TS, and a community that cannot absorb them and at the same time impart the spirit that makes GC unique.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

CountBelasarius wrote:The most basic answer is that if 500 people showed up it would be bad because those 500 would have a bad time and not a true GC experience.

Long times spent sitting out in huge waiting rooms, little time in game mostly with other new players, stressed and barely visible officers trying to manage an army an order of magnitude larger than expected, chaotic rounds, crashing websites, full TS, and a community that cannot absorb them and at the same time impart the spirit that makes GC unique.
^^^ couple that with the grumblings we already get when time between maps/matches takes too long. I concur 500 people at once would be a bad experience.