BF4 first impressions

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Hgx

Re: BF4 first impressions

Post by Hgx »

GTX 650ti + 326.19 in my case.
720p + LOW - Recording at 60fps (Fraps) = 60 FPS stable, tho I also have some frame drops from time to time, and got 1 crash.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

I just watched AitiKoira f uck up a transport chopper with an automatic grenade launcher.

I love this game. :lol:
Nix

Post by Nix »

Tanks: They feel somewhat powerful, the shell blast radius is annoyingly small. Armor it's self feels weaker.
IFVs: You get 12 rounds instead of 6 before reloading :D I do think the 25mm rounds are a bit OP against armor. Overall, IFVs are awesome as always.
Scout Choppers: Easy. Easy to fly, easy to shoot, easy to kill. The crosshair is totally different, Not the one in BF3. You know, the one that had a learning curve to? You can hit a building, fall nearly upside down and still manage to get back right-side up without getting near the ground. The minigun's damage feels the same as BF3. 1v1 chopper battles are annoying. If you are facing each other, it can go on forever, If one gets you from the side, near insta-kill.
I can't tell you much about killing infantry, because it was 1v1 battles and baser*pe all day, errrry day.
tl;dr: Littlebirds are no fun anymore :( (Hopefully 25mm cannons will change everything :twisted: )
Assault: It's alright. You get two med kits instead of one.
Engineer: I noticed that the MX4 (Sub-machine gun) has higher recoil than the AK-12. Whatup wit dat?
Support: Actually fun to play! XM25 is not bad, not OP, just good.
Recon: You ain't playing Recon, unless you have the M98Baller in yo hands. Sadly, you only get this crappy rifle that can't OHK in point blank range. No spawn beacon. u git c4 2 trollz noobs. At least that's what other people think C4 is for. I don't use it much. Bullet drop is low, which is a plus I guess.
That's about it.

Oh yeah, lag. I get 25-30 FPS. (BF3 for me got 45-60 FPS)
For some odd reason, it's playable. (At least for me...)
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

BF4 has a commander mode? Duuuuuuuude!
Hi!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

I had to scale down the resolution to about 80% to get a decent frame rate with everything on low on my crappy rig. Still frames drop when there's action around not to mention when the damn building collapses.

Million snipers running around :(

Spectator mode is quite nice but I couldn't figure out how to get to the complete player list other than escaping and going to the scoreboard
Coloneluber

Post by Coloneluber »

I'd give my impressions but I crash at the end of the loading time 100% of the time. Had to just sit here watching streams while I do other stuff. :cry:
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

Tank control felt smooth, I wasn't getting stuck on invisible rocks, however with the introduction of the skyscrapers, the limited gunner gun upper limit will be a huge issue. And the releasable roadblock that can somehow block even main battle tanks seems to be slowing the battle pace down a lot.

Assault and engi felt pretty much the same compare to their counter parts in bf3.
support is really interesting though. The airburst rounds seems to work in some bizarre way that is not fully explained. I somehow was able to disable a already some what damage tank using rear shots with one mag, and completely destroy the tank with second mag. Not sure if that's intended or not. Airburst rounds however can't seem to be replenish in anyway other than your death. And other than that, I felt the support class is nerfed to hell without the C4, the airburst simply could not replace C4 in versatilities and efficiency. I guess I won't be playing support that much anymore. :( (UNTIL I GET THE 100 MAG LMGs WAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no... ) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY SUPPORT CLASS!!!!!!

Recon. I still hate you. Over.

The water thing seems to be not as well as they claimed, or it just might be beta, the water I see seems to be moving in very unrealistic ways, and there doesn't seem to be a way to determine water level. And the weird thing with weather seems to be that it will pops out from nowhere. Or maybe it is just beta...

Cover systems also seems to be bugged out still. I was playing conquest fighting for objective B, the underground mall. And I was above ground, capturing it when I saw an American invader to our Glories nation of China running around the columns but I was unable to get a clear shot above ground so I drop down from the window portion. Now, the second before I drop down, I can see all the small concrete blocks that's around a kneel man high are destroyed, and all the cover that's left for him is the columns. Yet the second I drop down, all the concrete block just reappeared, nearly costing my life as I was unable to get a clear shot of him. Until a braveChinese solider drop down and knife him saving my life.

Oh and on the issue of knifing. Is there no counterknife anymore?
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

There is definitely counterknifing. I've countered once myself and almost got countered once as well. Still not sure exactly what the parameters are for allowing it-
"fraking game mechanics"
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

NO MORE EXPLOSIVES SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luckily

You can't recharge grenade launchers (and similars, we need to check them all)!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Goggles wrote:BF4 has a commander mode? Duuuuuuuude!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Hgx wrote:NO MORE EXPLOSIVES SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luckily

You can't recharge grenade launchers (and similars, we need to check them all)!
That's a very basic "fix"
Sure you prevent spamming, but you also punish staying alive...
I think it just needs a long reload time
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Theres still a million annoying explosives gadgets, most of them also stock equipment. Why do we need this crap to be the standard class equipment. Noobtubes also appear to deal prenerf level damage from anything from bf2-bf3 era interim in damage. How is it possible to get that crap wrong after so many years.
"fraking game mechanics"
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I really can't speak too the gunplay or anything until they fix the framerate issues. It looks nicer and the pace is slower, not really what I was hoping for.
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

What were you looking for exactly then Fields?
To me, this felt like battlefield 3 the real first patch.
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Divine-Sneaker wrote:Theres still a million annoying explosives gadgets.
THE TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN.