Would you watch a regular cast of the Battledays?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

How likely are you to watch a stream/cast of the Battledays?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Only if I'm in the Waiting Room.
37%
If I'm not playing, I'll always try to watch it.
32%
Not at all.
4%
I would watch the archived video later.
27%

Total votes: 73

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Would you watch a regular cast of the Battledays?

Post by mrBLUE9 »

We're thinking of starting streaming/casting the Battledays! Please answer the poll so we can know if we would have some regular spectators.

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Sorry, added another option, whoever voted please vote again! :oops:
Last edited by mrBLUE9 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaptenKarp

Re: Would you watch a regular cast of the Battledays?

Post by KaptenKarp »

Yaay! I voted! ;D
BF3:C6 PFC - S.C.A.R.
BF4:C1 LT - Soviet
BF4:C3 CPT - LN7
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i'd watch the live stream if i can't play for some reason (laptop or waiting room), and after the battle day if the commentators are good.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Necromancer wrote:i'd watch the live stream if i can't play for some reason (laptop or waiting room), and after the battle day if the commentators are good.
Lol okay so then you're not going to watch after the battle day then, because the people that are casting are learning as they go (except for fields if he does it).
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

to be honest i won't watch 6 hours of gameplay that i already saw when playing unless there is something more to it.
the obliteration round posted here on the forums was very good, cast like that i would.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

id def think its good cuz we will have it all saved on twitch and be able to make montages and stuff from it.. also i wouldn't mind casting a few games if thats cool with everyone, i just find the game very fun to watch and im sure the armies will be full so people will have to step away to let others play, corran and i would make a good casting team if u ask me, we'd be very very high energy, im not sure hes as smart as i am, but we can work on that
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Necromancer wrote:to be honest i won't watch 6 hours of gameplay that i already saw when playing unless there is something more to it.
the obliteration round posted here on the forums was very good, cast like that i would.
Just cast like a pro bro.. nothing to it.......................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

I think I would watch some of the archived rounds later if they are labelled or something to find the close rounds. Don't think I will watch the full 6 hours.
And ofcrouse I will watch the live stream if im waiting.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Sarantini wrote:I think I would watch some of the archived rounds later if they are labelled or something to find the close rounds. Don't think I will watch the full 6 hours.
And ofcrouse I will watch the live stream if im waiting.
pretty much same for me.
Will only view selected rounds of the archived ones.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I wouldn't be able to watch 6 hours later. I would watch if I was in the waiting room to stay on top of what was going on.

I think the best bet for a post-battleday cast would be to select the best round of the day (closest or one with the best highlights) and put that up for viewing. Maybe even have a vote to see which one people thought would be the best? Probably best to just leave it to the casters who know what they saw.

Best bet I think would be a highlights reel that caught the best moments of the game. Like the ESPN overview of the week's football games.
ImageImageImage
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

If there was a round that would go bad for our side, I'd watch that round to see if I could identify the key moments that led to the bad round. Otherwise if something really cool would happen during the round and everybody would talk about it, I'd watch that too. Even though this means I wouldn't watch all the videos all the time, I think having a record of rounds played is important in many ways, not to mention how much it can help HCs get better and adapt to each other's strats more effectively, analyzing them later.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Like most, possibly if I'm sitting out. Otherwise I'm probably busy doing other crap that prevented me from playing in the first place.

As hitman mentioned it can also serve as a good analytical tool for armies to analyze and properly review moments in a match to see what went wrong or particularly right. You could already do this through the people recording, but it might just be a lot easier to get a more wellrounded picture of the situation while watching from above, rather than from one or two POV's.

It's obviously not fair to expect nuanced and experienced shoutcasting to come from this unless people are brought in specifically for the task, and I don't think anyone expects that either. However even if just a handful of people watch and enjoy or find it helpful, that should be enough.
"fraking game mechanics"
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Thanks so much for the feedback guys! :D We wanted to see if there was enough interest on the streaming/casting of the Battledays and I think we got a good answer!

I can't promise you guys that all the or the entirety of Battledays are going be casted/streamed, since we rely on volunteers, but we are going to try to always have some sort of stream going on in the GC Twitch channel, be that with casting, without casting, or even just a POV from someone playing.
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

i like this idea especially if you are waiting to play. you can stay informed on whats going on and still feel like you are part of the team. i would also watch on days that i couldnt make it. you can learn from it.
kidbagz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by kidbagz »

I think this could be great for our community overall.

Hell, i think we could actually gain a little bit of a following on TWITCH.

Voting is closed, but i wanted to voice my opinion.

However, there needs to be a delay JIC someone wanted to Stream-hack (watch stream as you play to get an advantage)
Image FOR THE MOTHERLAND!