Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

What is TacBF/Should I get Arma III?

Post by Hitman47 »

My friends,

this post is intended to enlighten the non-believers :lol:

Now watching vids is not great, but it's the best you can do if you don't have arma 3. TacBF vids are usually like Civ5 vids, I love Civ5 but I'd never be able to watch 1min of Civ5 vid of somebody else playing, you need to be in there and feel the immersion, I hope I found some good ones for you.

1) If you don't have Arma 3 watch these vids to get a feel for it:

SITREP: The squad in the video is trying to reach an enemy tunnel (an alternate spawn point) position so they could blow it up, meanwhile our GC squad is about 400m to the south of their position and we are engaged meaning there is enemy contact between the squad in the vid and us. We (GC) had also a GC crew manning an APC about 1km away on a mountain providing overwatch as we advanced on foot to the tunnel. (you will hear the SL of the squad in the vid speak to me to notify me of their position so we wouldn't get into blue on blue situations since we had enemy contact between us) Here's what happens:

phpBB [video]

SITREP: Footage of CAS (close air support) in TacBF, from pilot's perspective:

phpBB [video]

SITREP: How we deal with campers in TacBF:

phpBB [video]

2) If you have arma 3, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!! Report here: viewtopic.php?f=343&t=23631 DL this 60MB mod and join in on the fun! (I don't believe there is such a person at GC who has arma 3 and hasn't gotten into TacBF yet :lol: )

We'll be having an organized event this Saturday with commanders and battle plans (25.01.), everybody welcome to join!

Want to buy arma 3 but it's expensive? Here's discounts I could find: http://www.dlcompare.com/games/cd-key-d ... arma-3-324

You can get it from G2Play for 25.99 Euros!

And finally, our TacBF player roster (if I missed somebody lemme know):
1. Hitman
2. FIsherman
3. Flummi
4. Matsif
5. Gonzo
6. Gwynzer
7. Seraphim
8. BigD
9. Cairdazar
10. Tea-Assault
11. CorranHorn
12. WildKard
13. Ishimel
14. Funh1t
15. Henidhor
16. Plumpen
17. SinX
18. BloodRaptor
19. Evil_Jocey

Come join us, we can't all be wrong! :lol:

Also, atm Gwynzer, Matsif and Flummi are working on a GC arma 3 mod, so if you wanna check dat out join the "arma 3 dev" usergroup, there's even a subforum for this! :D
Last edited by Hitman47 on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
BlooDRaptoR1

Re: What is TacBF/Should I get Arma III?

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Finally i will be playing again with you guys ( I hope...) I hope i can manage on saturday and play with u guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
C4 -Image
C5 - Image