New Campaign Proposal (Poll added)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Do you want to play a campaign like the one described?

Yes
68%
No
5%
Yes, with changes (see post)
27%

Total votes: 44

o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: New Campaign Proposal (Poll added)

Post by o1oo1 »

vote !
POLL ABOUT MINES

Divine-Sneaker wrote: 1- We choose HC - Captains - SLs. Let´s try to balance this first.
Divine-Sneaker wrote:
If you want balancing to work, the people behind it need to actually know the people and their ability in the game for it to make any sense.
i agree with that, i just believed that that was always the case. Thats why i think giving the comm,unity an ability to comment on roster balance is a good idea.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

for ballancing:

I think the starfisher v Arc campaign was the most ballanced, and im inclined to believe most people would agree with me
So we do it the same as then imo?

1. Pick generals
2. Let generals pick their HC's and officers down to 1st lt. In colaboration with each other!
3. Pre-draft some of the most skilled players
4. Competative draft the rest.

However im also a huge fan of just having the HC's make 2 armies, and then randomly assign 1 army to 1 HC and the other to the other.

Id appreciate being able to play with all my buddies, but im down to abolish friend drafts if it makes things easier.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

dan1mall wrote:Id appreciate being able to play with all my buddies, but im down to abolish friend drafts if it makes things easier.
That's probably the easiest change to implement. However it makes sense to have an exception when bringing new folks into the community.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

insanityrocks wrote:
dan1mall wrote:Id appreciate being able to play with all my buddies, but im down to abolish friend drafts if it makes things easier.
That's probably the easiest change to implement. However it makes sense to have an exception when bringing new folks into the community.
yeah although funnily enough when I first joined, I joined with longbowNL.
We got put on seperate armies and thats where I met my now soul-mate: IcallIDtheft
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

With inspiration from necromancer i tried to come up with a few versions for campaign maps

fog of war would be easy to implement if needed,
I made the map with the idea that both armies get 2 areas, with the rest remaining as neutral that they have to fight over.

7 5 territory areas
1 7 territory area

almost mirrored sides
each side plants their main base and goes for broke.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

very interesting.
only drawback is that the map allows too much access IMO.
here's a sample, you can say the green lines are really high mountains or rivers or some other un-traversable terrain disconnecting the tiles its between.
Spoiler: show
this creates some choke points.
Spoiler: show
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

I like all the weapon suggestions in the first thread. The army balance stuff is impossible and always seems like a dice roll of who shows up to me :?

For the campaign map, I'd rather just reuse an existing map (eg the defcon one from last campaign).
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I'm with Cheesy on this one. Let's grab a previous map, DEFCON or Risk, and go with that. The amount of effort needed to create and administer a map is substantial, and I think this campaign needs to have a focus on battleday gameplay above all else.

In terms of army balance, attendance is always the fundamental failure point for an army. I've got no problem with the "make two and flip a coin" approach, but I think we need to have some way to balance things when people just disappear later on. A big recruitment effort is probably the best bet here, since it will provide the bodies to fill things in as they go.
ImageImageImage
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

StarfisherEcho wrote:I'm with Cheesy on this one. Let's grab a previous map, DEFCON or Risk, and go with that. The amount of effort needed to create and administer a map is substantial, and I think this campaign needs to have a focus on battleday gameplay above all else.
Which is why I think we should go with the BF4C2 campaign map and system, it was nice and easy, and not confusing at all. While still letting it be strategical. This lets the TA's and HC's focus on the making the game fun.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

there is several problems with BF4C1 system.
1) last campaign ended even before the neutral areas were captured. Which is before the important "battling it out" part
2) playing from both sides and deciding the outcome based on ticket count does not give the defending side a bonus, which works for the stronger side. The better side will take more neutral areas and there won't be a lot to fight for even if we get to that stage.
and strategy on that map is practically non-existent.
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

just some brain storming here. how about creating a 10 member elite squad of mercinaries comprised of our best players that always fights for the defending army? They would have the distinction of being the line in the sand. only the most dedicated players would be considered for the honor and glory. This would work best in a one army attacks each week style campaign.

if 10 proves too formidable lower it. if its ineffectual and one army is still steamrolling after a set number of battles then the losing army may hand pick 3 non HC from the opposition (or some number). Make it known at the draft that this is a possibility so there are no surprised people. At 4 weeks post a community poll if things are not going well on if to end it or not.

I believe this could be a solution to limit imbalance, or at least level the playing field somewhat.

I do also think that we need a influx of players. hammer down a flashy campaign map and get a redit post up. There are hundreds of thousands of players out there that love BF4. Fresh enthusiasm will make things more exciting around here and get things moving forward. (Worked wonders in BF3C1)

Thank you guys for getting the ball rolling, its members like you that are the lifeblood of GC and it's future.

BF3C3 • DARK • Sergeant
BF3C4 • Gladius • Sergeant
BF3C5 • Legion of Doom • General / Lord
^^^cause the only way I can get medals is to give them to myself^^^
BF3C6 • IMF • PFC
BF4C1 • Allies • Corporal
BF4C2 • 9th MEU • Sergeant First Class
BF4C3 • Lucky Number Seven • Chief Warrant Officer
BF4C4 • SAD • Private
BF4C5 • EVIL • 2nd Class Minion
BF4C6 •TCF • Made Man
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Cheesy wrote: The army balance stuff is impossible and always seems like a dice roll of who shows up to me :? .
yep, GC is like a board game:
You do strategies and hours of thinking and discusions on what'll be best - then you have to roll the dice :angel: :evil: ( do a draft/ see attendence) ... :lol: no known startegie for rolling a dice and have influence on the outcome till today :P

I'd say take some old map that worked fine, just to save time and efford on something else. ( I like risk ones about world control most but thats personal few and coming from 1942). if someone wants to work on a new map , can be made for C3.
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

updated first post with maps and modes for battleday and black ops
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Any idea how many people signed up for the BF4C2 Interest Survey?

How do the numbers look?

I'm hoping to put together a Community Spotlight podcast this week. The goal would be two-fold: 1) introduce our community and 2) recruit new members. And before anyone freaks out, Sushi is keeping an eye on me to make sure I 'color inside the lines'. :-D
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

whats the reasoning for obliteration only on these maps?
i'd say obliteration is fine on all maps except locker.
64 locker won't work on any game mod.