Moderator: Executive

Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

BF4 Improvements and Updates

Post by Tea-Assault »

Hey everyone, check this out if you haven't seen this already:-
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ne ... de-in-bf4/

Dice are breaking their long silence over "netcode" and telling us stuff.. which I think is a step forward.

Anyway this is a separate thread from the "BF4 Bullshit" one simply because I thought that although BF4 disappointed many of us, I felt that there should be a thread that updates you on what DICE are working on and you can read through their updates and bloopers without people starting to moan about how broken the game is. If you want to moan, feel free to head to the other thread('s) and have at it. However, if you hear of some information and updates that DICE are planning/rolling out for BF4 feel free to post it here and share it with everyone.
the end is really fµcking nigh
Hgx

Re: BF4 Improvements and Updates

Post by Hgx »

GC Gets ready to start C2
Huge amount of netcode fixes incoming

This can't be a coincidence... cmon guys, admit it, who's the one running a mafia? :lol:
Elite-Guard

Post by Elite-Guard »

Good, when I was playing on US servers, I felt I shot rubber bullets, lets hope it's fixed
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Patch notes with ninja-patches symthic-style:
http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-4- ... hic-style/
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Carrier Assault Explained
So how is a match of Carrier Assault played out? There are two ways of destroying the enemy carrier: either by full map control or assaulting the carrier as infantry. Each round is divided into 2 stages, starting with map control and ending with carrier attack. Both teams start on their own carrier and race to control the missile launchers placed on the map, by capturing the control points near them. This will automatically launch missiles towards the enemy carrier throughout the round, eventually destroying its hull and making it open for infantry attacks.

When this happens for one or both teams, the carrier assault state is started. The team can then either drive a boat out to the carrier and climb aboard, or use the parachute spawn points above it. Once inside, the team must destroy two M-COM stations, which will open up new areas to the carrier, with the engine room being the final one.

Destroying the two M-COM’s, or bringing down the carrier hull’s health to 0%, will win the match for your team.

Source:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ne ... r-assault/

This somehow makes the "leaked" tutorial video appear less bad. I think most people got them impression that the assault stage was nothing but 2 MCOM's on the carrier, but according to this it'll be more like our titan assaults.
"fraking game mechanics"
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

"use the parachute spawn points above it"
:clap: :clap: :clap:

/sarcasm

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

DICE realized choppers were too weak and replaced them with parachute spawns instead k:
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

What? You can just randomly spawn right there??? That is utter bollocks.

Did they ever actually PLAY titan mode? One of the things you could do was an "aggressive defense" which meant destroying any vehicles before they got near your Titan to deploy people. Somtimes that was what won the round, as the original "winning" army would be too busy fighting to get onto the "losing" titan that they'd forget to defend their silos and suddenly their own sheilds are down.

Being able to just spawn there totally negates that. Once you're boardable you'll ALWAYS have to have people defending.

As for the MCOMs - still crap. The fact that you just "arm and hold" two bits (even if it is one after the other) is still nothing like the original titan. In the original you had to phsyically destroy 2 Consoles, which opened up another floor where you had to open up another 2. Doing that opened the reactor allowing you to deal phsyical damage to the ship. This is destroy 2 time based objectives then win. BS.

To me it's just what the video showed. You destroy one, it opens up another area just like standard rush does. Nothing fancy about it.

Sigh.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

- V40 mini nerfed to oblivion.
- attack chopper can deal a bit more damage, but its still so slow and un-maneuverable that you can only fly as long as no one is trying to take you down. otherwise you fall down like a rock. rarely rockets still flip you over.
- jav has been buffed, and seems like more people using it now.
- tank traction increased and feels much smoother driving over hills.
- STAFF shell is pretty useless now too.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

can we merge the two threads ?
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

OP wrote:f you want to moan, feel free to head to the other thread('s)
Let us keep this thread for information purposes only.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... ugs_ninja/

Also, since i think i read we were going to use the commander, are we going to use the different assets? Cause im pretty sure AC130 invulnerable till 15m is still there on most maps.

BTW, it seems they also broke the 105mm cannon on this new patch.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

what do you mean by "broke"?
also, Tablet commander is f*ed up. I tested it yesterday with Nexus 7 you can still see through enemy EMP, as if it doesn't do anything. Not sure if its the same with the battlescreen.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Necromancer wrote:what do you mean by "broke"?
also, Tablet commander is f*ed up. I tested it yesterday with Nexus 7 you can still see through enemy EMP, as if it doesn't do anything. Not sure if its the same with the battlescreen.
105mm doing 0 damage pointblank. I hop inside the AC130 and for my surprise the first cannon (which was always the most effective) was empty. Used it for a minute and i understand why.

Dirt?
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I heard Latest patch broke some air mechanics.
AC-130 main cannon does't do any damage.
AC-130 cannot be damaged by the attack jet primary weapon or rocket pods.
And hits won't register consistantly over a certain altitude (possibly the reason for no-damage on the AC-130)

Can a jet confirm?