BF4 Improvements and Updates

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 Improvements and Updates

Post by ZombieToof »

matsif wrote:Wasn't this supposed to be the good things about bf4 thread?
Dunno:) Anyway I've played a bit again and am pleasantly surprised by the last patch. I constantly get more than a single hit before I die. Even if it was mosly a feedback problem as they stated in the blog post and I would have died anyway, it was too annoying.

Then I did considerably better. Which might mean that by now I'm a little less crappy at FPS ;), but the movement and reactions just felt so much better. Last Campaign it felt sluggish and turns had a notable delay. That's mostly gone.

And last but not least I had no rubber banding at all. Let's see how that works with high latency US servers. Also I wasn't in a situation where I dumped a mag into the enemy without damage, even if they did not address that specifically yet.

The progress is HUGE. Thanks Dice/EA, solid thing. I'm twice as happy now that BF4C2 is coming soon.
matsif wrote:Thisiswhywecanthavenicethings - bf4 edition
I remember a rant by jokerle about that some time ago. He was totally right. I read so many posts about BF4 that glory in being negative that I'm sick of it.
Hgx wrote:#YOLO
A pity that the chances to defib a gunner in a normal round are marginal :)
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Necromancer wrote:
matsif wrote:Wasn't this supposed to be the good things about bf4 thread?
i was under the impression it was an informative thread. but if you don't want to hear about the stuff they broke in the new patch, np.
...without people starting to moan about how broken the game is. If you want to moan, feel free to head to the other thread('s) and have at it....
uhhhhhhhhhh
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Knew this would happen
the end is really fµcking nigh
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Played a couple of matches today, game has definitely improved.
Question about IR smoke, does it totally stop the incoming missile or does it only work when you are still being locked on but the missile isnt fired yet?
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

Sarantini wrote:Played a couple of matches today, game has definitely improved.
Question about IR smoke, does it totally stop the incoming missile or does it only work when you are still being locked on but the missile isnt fired yet?
Should spoof incoming missile, but I suppose it's not 100% reliable :roll: http://symthic.com/bf4-vehicle-stats?MBT
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

As it says, it supposed to break the lock and cause any guided missiles to miss.
However it seems that just like with all other countermeasures it has a ~1 sec delay until it actually registered by the server/other clients, so don't wait for the last second....
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Active protection. Dont bother with any of the other 2 countermeasures.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing