How To Timezone

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

How To Timezone

Post by matsif »

Informational fun time for the following weeks until the rest of the world pushes their clocks forward an hour and the timezones are back to what they normally are:

I live on the US East Coast, meaning my timezone is GMT-5. With the current difference in daylight savings time adherence, I have moved ahead 1 hour while GMT has not moved to compensate. Therefore, until the end of the month my timezone is GMT-4.

SBT was created in GMT/UTC/whatever. Currently, most NA players have moved their clocks ahead by 1 hour. This means that if you are in NA, you add 1 hour to SBT to figure out the correct timing of a GC event.

In comparison, if you are NA and list a time assuming that SBT is measured in your local time zone (wrongly), all EU players should subtract 1 hour from the associated time to figure out the correct time to show up.

This is in effect until March 30, when the timezones align nicely again.

What does this mean:
-The player draft starts at SBT-2 for those who haven't swapped clocks forward yet, or SBT-1 for those who have. The scrim that follows will (assuming the draft doesn't overrun) then start at SBT for those who haven't moved the clocks forward or SBT+1 for those who have.
-The scrim on the 29th will start at SBT+1 for those who pushed their clocks forward.

edit: to our friends in other places, I'm not sure how your timezones work or when (or if) you observe DST. I would hope that this is easy enough to figure out that if you know when your country and area observe DST, you can figure it out.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: How To Timezone

Post by Jokerle »

if you are unsure about all those timezone stuff, I can recommend this link:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

it lets you costumize places and loads pretty fast
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I recommend looking at the count down timer on the front page.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
HvyHitter

Post by HvyHitter »

or you can just do what us Pilots/Amateur Radio people do and use Zulu time which doesn't change.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

now that the rest of the DST-following world has switched their clocks forward an hour as of last night, we are back to regular schedule!

this means:
-NA players in EST have SBT back at 1:00 PM instead of 2:00 PM
-NA players in PST have SBT back at 10:00 AM instead of 11:00 AM
-etc and so forth
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
system_meltdown1

Post by system_meltdown1 »

What is SBT? the only thing i can find that stands for SBT is the solomon islands off the coast of australia. Did you mean BST which is British Summer Time or am I just not getting it?
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

system_meltdown1 wrote:What is SBT? the only thing i can find that stands for SBT is the solomon islands off the coast of australia. Did you mean BST which is British Summer Time or am I just not getting it?
Hey System_Meltdown1 - Welcome to GC. :wave:

Have a look here: http://global-conflict.org/whatisSBT_&_worldclock.php

SBT, or Standard Battle Time, is our way to normalize time across our international community. Once you get used to it, it'll become part of your vocabulary here at GC; we do nearly everything based in SBT.

See you on the battlefield!