Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: The Ban list.........

Post by Tea-Assault »

the end is really fµcking nigh
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

For what it's worth I really don't care I was honestly more responding due to the fact you decided to attack tankers with your "knowledge" of why we don't want it in game. It annoys me when someone wants to have a discussion on something and they decide to bring in their magical mind reading powers as evidence.[/quote][/quote]

well then why dont you address your reading comprehension, i ignored what you said prior because you paraphrased me to look like a bad guy, if you read the entire entry and have half a brain you would realize that zapper asked me a question, and i was answering directly to zapper as i was asked directly by him... forgive me for saying tankers instead of vehicle drivers(which i happen to know how to tank thank you very much so dont act like i can't), SEMANTICS, you dont want it in the game and youre butthurt about it and showing it.... everything you have complained about slams doing, mines do as well.. so youre argument is a bust sorry to say it.... so if you would like to attack me personal more pls do, but youre still wrong
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Woah guys calm down.

Snook, if you want to convince people of something, calling them "butthurt" is unlikely to be effective. This community operates on consensus, so if you want to make a change I'd recommend being more polite about it.

For the rest of you, keep in mind that patches change things. What was rage inducing our patch might not be any more. If slams have been fixed, then we ought to think about unbanning them.
ImageImageImage
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

Tea-Assault wrote:Image
It's ain't friday. But still good.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Well I decided to have some fun with mines and slams again: http://imgur.com/a/wEutS

Go play spot the mines/slams! There's a "View album in fullscreen" button that works well for this.

I notice that thermals seem way better at spotting SLAMs than they did when I last did this experiment (2013). They seem to glow now. Also mines only sink into the ground like that on some surfaces. SLAMs are also terrible for placing on the ground now as they are really easy to see even on dark patches (no picture proof provided).
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

TCZapper wrote:Well I decided to have some fun with mines and slams again: http://imgur.com/a/wEutS

Go play spot the mines/slams! There's a "View album in fullscreen" button that works well for this.

I notice that thermals seem way better at spotting SLAMs than they did when I last did this experiment (2013). They seem to glow now. Also mines only sink into the ground like that on some surfaces. SLAMs are also terrible for placing on the ground now as they are really easy to see even on dark patches (no picture proof provided).
i still have no idea why paper glows on that map lol
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

StarfisherEcho wrote:Woah guys calm down.

Snook, if you want to convince people of something, calling them "butthurt" is unlikely to be effective. This community operates on consensus, so if you want to make a change I'd recommend being more polite about it.

For the rest of you, keep in mind that patches change things. What was rage inducing our patch might not be any more. If slams have been fixed, then we ought to think about unbanning them.

i wasn't taking anything personal until wild decided to paraphrase and misquote me and try to cause drama like a little girl.... im not trying to change anyones mind... if anyone does that actual work to prove me wrong like zapper has done, they would realize why i have said what i said, instead of getting as i said "butthurt" about it and taking it personally.... i mean i was speaking to zapper in my supposedly rude quote, yet hes wasn't upset and he actually listened and went into a server and tested before he started spouting nonsense... zapper has proven why they need to be in the game or mines need to be gone as they BOTH now share the exact same glitches, and due to the fix to the blast radius damage of slams are now more of an ambush tactic and less of an instant killer
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I drive tanks quite frequently and i've never seen any "SLAM ambush tactic".
The fact you need to drive over an M15 AT mine versus proximity detonation of the SLAM makes SLAM better. Anywhere near 6 meter it will detonate, and anywhere near 3 meter it will do maximum damage too, unlike M15 mines.
so the only tactic i've seen so far is "replace M15 AT mines with SLAMs" tactic, and maybe put it on a tree.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

also the solfam glitch is no longer active, and if i recall correctly that was the only reason it was banned, due to the unfair mechanic of a vehicle driver/flyer auto locking with a soflam on the ground while still driving/flying his vehicle.... i had never heard that the soflam was banned because it caused to many lock ons to occur and created a "hellish" environment for vehicles... a soflam goes down with one shot from a bolt action, that is not OP at all.. just takes a lil teamwork
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

Necromancer wrote:I drive tanks quite frequently and i've never seen any "SLAM ambush tactic".
The fact you need to drive over an M15 AT mine versus proximity detonation of the SLAM makes SLAM better. Anywhere near 6 meter it will detonate, and anywhere near 3 meter it will do maximum damage too, unlike M15 mines.
so the only tactic i've seen so far is "replace M15 AT mines with SLAMs" tactic, and maybe put it on a tree.

i think you need to look at the testing zapper just did.... its actually easier to spot slams now, and yeah maybe when u barrel into C or D flag on Zavod there is a slam waiting on the side of the wall, but thats the choice you make to push a long range assaulting vehicle into a flag to cap it... you will never be hit by a slam if you shoot the threshold you are pushing... and mines are still used as they are harder to spot on the road than slams and the part you are missing is that if you use a slam like a mine it will trigger before you are in the max damage area, the only time a slam works properly is if you drive alongside of it, which in my honest opinion usually means youre being very aggressive and you paid the price, you went into enemy territory before you inf had cleared the area, and you went in blind... everyone is only stating that its annoying and they dont like it, no one is stating how it is glitched, and the reason it was banned was listed as it being glitched with a 6m blast radius of full damage... that no longer being so, does anyone have anything that the slam does glitch wise that the AT mine doesn't?
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Paraphrase is a restatement of a quote with other words. What I took was direct quote. At most it was out of context but there really is no context saying "i know tankers dont want it in the game cuz they have to pay more attention zapper," that makes it not an argument based on some appeal to a supposed motive.

I gave reasons for why I believed SLAMs should remain banned without resorting to logical fallacies but I guess I'm a butthurt girl in doing so. So much for an educated discussion on ban/unbanning weapons.
Ishimel

Post by Ishimel »

As a tank driver ill make a statement about PLDs and soflams. In BF3 the maps were designed to work with these gadgets and the tanks were as well. BF4 made the maps and tank then threw everything else in afterwards. I have argued that the reason we ban laser designators in BF4 and not in BF3 was because the infantry had to choose, in BF3, to take either something that could be used on the fly around any corner (dumbfire RPGs) or something that could be used with laser designators (javilins). in BF4 you can have both, MBT LAWs can be both dumbfired and lock on to a laser and SRAWs can do the same, COMPLETELY eliminating this conflict of interest for the infantry (i remember in BF3 some rounds no engineer took the javilin so our soflams were useless).

But that not all, the tank smoke in BF4 is worthless compared to the active protection to where taking anything but active protection is utter stupidity (a shame since i think the active protection is retarded), and reactive armor was also made retarded and not working right.

AND FINALLY, the maps are made stupid. In particular is seige of shanghai, all armor has to cross one of the two bridges near C in order to push forward, this means one squad with a soflam/pld and lock on missles can stop a teams entire armor division.

This isnt even mentioning air force or the fact that tanks have one less repair guy now. Its DICE's fault more than anything.
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:Paraphrase is a restatement of a quote with other words. What I took was direct quote. At most it was out of context but there really is no context saying "i know tankers dont want it in the game cuz they have to pay more attention zapper," that makes it not an argument based on some appeal to a supposed motive.

I gave reasons for why I believed SLAMs should remain banned without resorting to logical fallacies but I guess I'm a butthurt girl in doing so. So much for an educated discussion on ban/unbanning weapons.
lol you must be in law school and if so you should be smart enough to know that you can't use a fragment of a sentence, there is a comma and conjunction after your supposed direct quote... hence meaning it wasn't a fully conveyed thought or idea, but you already knew that and thats why you only quote that small portion instead of the whole thing, it made youre argument easier to try and make it personal, i get it... and yes that makes you a little girl, being civil went out the window when you decided to make it personal and decide you were the ambassador of all said tankers, and you didnt like what i said, i notice you had no comment when i said "semantics"... its a forum dude, sorry i didnt write vehicle drivers, lol get a life man, hiding behind grammar and eloquent vocabulary doesnt make you any less of a dick, just means people need intelligence to see through the facade... as you can tell stupidity isn't one of my attributes, nor is beating around the bush... next time speak your mind without speaking for other people and you wont look half as stupid..... but appreciate you trying to make this about things other than SLAMs and a ban list but im done talking to you w1ld, as you have repeatedly gone off topic, you quote what i said to ZAPPER, he does research and agrees with me, and youre still stuck on he said she said instead of what the real topic is, i already explained i meant vehicles just wrote tankers cuz its a generic term used for armor... so keep beating a dead horse little girl, i know the drama must be fueling you while you do your nails and hair
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

Ishimel wrote:As a tank driver ill make a statement about PLDs and soflams. In BF3 the maps were designed to work with these gadgets and the tanks were as well. BF4 made the maps and tank then threw everything else in afterwards. I have argued that the reason we ban laser designators in BF4 and not in BF3 was because the infantry had to choose, in BF3, to take either something that could be used on the fly around any corner (dumbfire RPGs) or something that could be used with laser designators (javilins). in BF4 you can have both, MBT LAWs can be both dumbfired and lock on to a laser and SRAWs can do the same, COMPLETELY eliminating this conflict of interest for the infantry (i remember in BF3 some rounds no engineer took the javilin so our soflams were useless).

But that not all, the tank smoke in BF4 is worthless compared to the active protection to where taking anything but active protection is utter stupidity (a shame since i think the active protection is retarded), and reactive armor was also made retarded and not working right.

AND FINALLY, the maps are made stupid. In particular is seige of shanghai, all armor has to cross one of the two bridges near C in order to push forward, this means one squad with a soflam/pld and lock on missles can stop a teams entire armor division.

This isnt even mentioning air force or the fact that tanks have one less repair guy now. Its DICE's fault more than anything.
none of the tankers in SYM use active protection when we play (except john stuart mills cuz hes john ahah) so id have to disagree with only using active, but i do agree with the maps being messed up... however i think banning a PLD takes care of that as a soflam is easily spotted and handled, it cant move around like a PLD... great point on the maps not working well with those gadgets, some maps a PLD is just too good when hes hiding well, so i agree with that ishimel
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

the end is really fµcking nigh