BF4 finally enters closed beta

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 finally enters closed beta

Post by Digz »

its a trap! to make you all buy premium! lol thats the only thing they can do for BF4 to get
people to buy! look after all these years! now we really mean it! you can get a take on fixing
this...just buy our crap again please... :clap:
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Played a bit even though I should be studying. Definitely feels a lot more smooth. Everyone else seemed to agree in the server. Only one who didn't had just before saying something about how he was amazed someone was lvl 40 on CTE when he wasn't even 40 in the regular environment, so... I wouldn't really use his opinion to judge it.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:Played a bit even though I should be studying. Definitely feels a lot more smooth. Everyone else seemed to agree in the server. Only one who didn't had just before saying something about it was amazed someone was lvl 40 on CTE when he wasn't even 40 in the regular environment, so... I wouldn't really use his opinion to judge it.
According to this @wirrew wizard dude the servers are running at x3 XP boost to expedite unlocks.

He also extracted a a whole bunch of information regarding the next DLC - Dragon's Teeth. Very interesting. No idea how he did it or if legit.

http://mp1st.com/2014/05/09/battlefield ... c-weapons/
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

RazY70 wrote: According to this @wirrew wizard dude the servers are running at x3 XP boost to expedite unlocks.

He also extracted a a whole bunch of information regarding the next DLC - Dragon's Teeth. Very interesting.
Yep, def 3x boost. Unlocked everything for the LAV in one round it was entertaining.

Was more responding to him having not played that much if he wasn't lvl 40 in the non-CTE considering how much free XP the devs threw at us literally every week and in every single battlepack. So him being the only one on the server at the time saying he thought it felt exactly the same didn't hold as much weight to me as the others who alledgedly, seeing as I didn't personally check their accounts, had a bit more experience.
PMKevinRudd
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by PMKevinRudd »

When I played on one of the NA servers it definitely felt snappier and more responsive but its hard to tell due to my 350/200 ping to the respective ones.
[img]http://global-conflict.org/abc/images/cache/sigs/6/1825.gif[/img]
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

One of my biggest issues is with the muzzle not pointing in the direction the player is looking.
This also happens when shooting a player. The "being hurt" animation also moves the enemy gun, often down towards the ground or upwards towards the cieling. And then the enemy seem to shoot the floor/roof but still hits you. Leading to a WTF moment - that guy wasn't even aiming at me.

Since i don't have premium/beta access i'd appretiate if someone reports that.

Can make a video about it.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
PMKevinRudd
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by PMKevinRudd »

Necromancer wrote:One of my biggest issues is with the muzzle not pointing in the direction the player is looking.
This also happens when shooting a player. The "being hurt" animation also moves the enemy gun, often down towards the ground or upwards towards the cieling. And then the enemy seem to shoot the floor/roof but still hits you. Leading to a WTF moment - that guy wasn't even aiming at me.

Since i don't have premium/beta access i'd appretiate if someone reports that.

Can make a video about it.
That seems to be mostly fixed with the tick rate going to 30hz, havent noticed it at all even in infantry only maps. There are a few threads on the CTE forums regarding it.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Are you sure?
Im not talking about players pointing in the wrong direction when you just turn/see them for the first time.
The client side shows you an animation of your opponent being hurt, and that includes moving his gun, when in "reality" his gun is still pointing at you. So.. i don't think its fixed by tickrate.

gimme a moment i'll make a short clip
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

phpBB [video]
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

it was like that in BF2 also, I think it's intended to be like that.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

its because they think they did a great job with this realistic animation of a "soldier being hit", and its nicer then showing the actual state of the soldier.
They need to get their priorities right.
PMKevinRudd
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by PMKevinRudd »

Yea nah its still there, more of a feature than anything. Annoying as hell however.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

tell 'em to fix that, and that squad bar/bro-bar that works less then half of the time.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Necromancer wrote:its because they think they did a great job with this realistic animation of a "soldier being hit", and its nicer then showing the actual state of the soldier.
They need to get their priorities right.

Lookings > gameplay bro get ur crap together please. :thumbup: :wave:

[/sarcasm]
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

If anything, this is just a ploy to sell more premium and convince everyone that they actually have a say in the game. This will distract people for a few months, making them think things are getting better, while the developers finish BF5. Then, we'll all move on to the next buggy mess and forget about this current buggy mess. :thumbup: