BF4 finally enters closed beta

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 finally enters closed beta

Post by Necromancer »

Maybe someone will raise the issue of empty vehicles not showing on the (big) map and commander.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:Got in as well.

It does seem almost too little too late for some of the people who have been shouting for them to "fix the game." If it means a better game for all though I'm willing to help out. Especially if they actually go through with this increase in tick rate. Honestly, I think that's the single biggest reason for the "netcode" problems everyone has.
EA appears to be doing well with Titanfall, yet this does sound like they're giving lip service for the battlefield series as I don't think they want to lose it and some BF4 fans have been pissed off enough to not pre-order anymore. I'm in that camp, I think BF4 is a real gem, but unfortuntately its all about selling more DLC and ignoring problems. Its a great sales plan to hype pre-order and undeliver after getting paid.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

CTE seems open again.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Ash2Dust wrote:EA appears to be doing well with Titanfall, yet this does sound like they're giving lip service for the battlefield series as I don't think they want to lose it and some BF4 fans have been pissed off enough to not pre-order anymore. I'm in that camp, I think BF4 is a real gem, but unfortuntately its all about selling more DLC and ignoring problems. Its a great sales plan to hype pre-order and undeliver after getting paid.
I think the reason for this is AFAIK Titanfall isn't an EA game. It's EA published, yer, but not owned. Tbh I'm kinda surprised that Respawn went the EA/Origin publishing route, especially given that Titanfall is a Source engine game (if it was EA they'd use some form of Frostbite). I think Titanfall is the only non-Valve produced commerical game. I'd have thought given they are using Source they'd bundle it in with Steamworks. At the same time, Respawn is old CoD4MW devs, they want to go the Micropayments and DLC map packs route. Using Steamworks wouldn't really fit in with that model when using an engine like Source, too many people are familiar with it and would be generating their own (a fair bit possibly better) content.
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kismet »

Forgive me for TL;DR, but yeah, I'm kind of giving up on gaming in the near term because ... there's a huge influx of bullshit. Broken games litter the landscape, and I'm pretty tired of it. The original post here is just a fantastically great example of how screwed up the game industry is, and I just don't have the patience or interest.

My prediction - games will get far more annoying until they annoy consolers, and then a couple years after that the industry will start shaping up.

Until then... sad days, my friends.

That said, play Speedrunners with Disco and I (and Fields) - I don't feel so bad paying $5 for a pretty fun (but occasionally completely messed up) game. More fun than BF4 in less time.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

so I signed up and got in and was about to download the client for it, decided to check my account.

definitely am not grinding through all the unlocks again. starting everyone at level 0 with nothing is ridiculous, even if every server is running 5x xp boosts. how are you supposed to tell how they are changing netcodey stuff if you got used to your [weapon] with [grip y] and [attachments y and z] in regular play, and now have to grind through it again? can't make apples to apples comparisons, can't scientifically tell the differences, can't report any fixes.

so this literally is dice just putting out a refresh of grinding through unlocks for players at a slightly faster rate to say "hey you might have tested something at some point eventually somewhere"
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

matsif wrote:s

definitely am not grinding through all the unlocks again. starting everyone at level 0 with nothing is ridiculous, even if every server is running 5x xp boosts. "
Not ideal, but okay. You also have tons of battlepacks to open at the start. They planned to make all unlocks available ''later''
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

There is a patch incoming, bringing some goodies from the CTE... Rejoice!
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

MRW they finally fix BF4
Spoiler: show
MRW they frak it up again through crap patches
Spoiler: show
the end is really fµcking nigh
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

CTE is free to stream in public, either by livestream or public upload.

Dear God...

NO DAMAGE BUG ON INFANTRY.

phpBB [video]

I know this is CTE but how in hell do you manage to break this?