Final stand DLC / CTE testing

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Final stand DLC / CTE testing

Post by Jokerle »

So, one can play operation whiteout in the CTE now....

it has snowmobiles, hover tanks, rail guns, blablabla...and SNOW
Oh my....it is bright...gonna need snowglasses... :roll:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Final stand DLC / CTE testing

Post by Kilo »

Reminds me a lot of 2142.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Magrider: checked

Lancer: checked

PPA: awaiting for confirmation.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

As one of the few it seems who actually like bf4. This dlc being a 2142 prequel makes me positively happy. It gives hope for an actual 2143 being released.

I do find it depressing the amount of people who are like "what is this future crap this isn't cod.". Shows just how many people didn't play bf prior to 3.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:As one of the few it seems who actually like bf4. This dlc being a 2142 prequel makes me positively happy. It gives hope for an actual 2143 being released.

I do find it depressing the amount of people who are like "what is this future crap this isn't cod.". Shows just how many people didn't play bf prior to 3.
^
ImageImage
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:It gives hope for an actual 2143 being released.

"what is this future crap this isn't cod."
Unfortunately when that's the response of your target market, the outlook is grim. Not to mention they're probably saving their sci-fi inspirations for the Battlefront series; unfortunately 2143 could conflict with Battlefront which makes me think it's a lot less likely to happen now :|
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

SC-42 is OP as fr@k. Also I keep getting these weird backwards tracers whenever someone shoots anything.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Wi1D_K4rD wrote:As one of the few it seems who actually like bf4. This dlc being a 2142 prequel makes me positively happy. It gives hope for an actual 2143 being released.

Lol, 3 was the first BF I played and it was gifted too me. I didn't even buy 4 until it went on sale. This modern realism shooter crap is still a very weird concept too me; who would want to imagine a real war going on in modern days? Sci-fi is so much more interesting and fantastic.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Kilo wrote:SC-42 is OP as fr@k. Also I keep getting these weird backwards tracers whenever someone shoots anything.
One of the devs said the SC-42 is broken at the moment
SC-42 is broken. It accidentally had a ridiculous invisible explosion added to every bullet. Should be fixed in next patch. Sorry about that.
https://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/forum/thr ... 1341391/4/
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Man that reveal trailer had me excited and I havent played in months!
Maps look amazing and near future sci fi is much cooler than present day
When does it come out?
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

played at a buddy from work's place yesterday after fixing his rig that his college roommate built for him (he's entirely clueless about how it works).

the good
-the map was nice. Felt like a proper battlefield map. Only thing I didn't like was 2 scout choppers per team, otherwise the vehicle amount felt ok with a good distance between flags, and the snowstorm made up for a lot of the lack of cover between flags (it's really open, like worse than the desert of silk road or altai range open)
-the railgun isn't ridiculously OP for being a pickup weapon. Strong as expected but not entirely broken, probably could use a bit of a tone down against vehicles but nothing horrible
-snowmobiles are interesting. nothing special imo but they don't feel horrible. of course due to the unique way frostborked interprets physics the collisions in this can be fairly hysterical, just like any other vehicle in the game.

the bad
-the SC-42. My god. Was glad I later read that it was legitimately broken in a non-intended way because holy hell the thing is turtling tanks it's so powerful. People are sniping infantry from 400m with it cause it has no bullet deviation whatsoever, shooting helis out of the sky with hardly any worry at all, launching MRAPs across the map nearly...it's ridiculous.
-whatever the autospotting gadget is. Yes they've now added a gadget that will autospot everything for you in your FOV (not sure of specifics like distance/radius but I assume it's a gadget that just scripts a Q spam, giving it basically unlimited range and anywhere around your crosshair). Because the game hadn't lost enough tactical decision making or situational awareness. Really needs full removal or a permanent spot on the user at all times if equipped.
-the DS3 or whatever the decoy gadget is. anyone with reasonable situational awareness (so 99% of GC players) will never even think that the thing is an enemy, and it's entirely useless outside of normal mode public play. remove the minimap like in hardcore and it's another wasted gadget to add to the pile in this game.
-the MKV has about the same damage as the RAWR but it flies and is pretty small (imo). I think it should lose some air time (currently is 60 seconds, should be like 30-45 maybe), but not as horrible as I was expecting. That said the SC-42 being as broken as it is overshadows a lot of problems.

the ugly
-a snow map with no snow camo for players. Everyone sticks out like a sore thumb and seeing people in jungle green or desert tan just looks silly. with the exception of when the snowstorm's up there's not a ton of cover either so you will get killed by snipers and little birds (and the SC-42) a lot
-it's nearly impossible to see HUDs in vehicles when aiming at parts of the ground. looks like a bit of a flare effect like staring into the sun or watching a JJ Abrams movie.
-driving the hovertank. the deadzones are ridiculous and it has nearly 0 gun elevation ability, and after the deadzones the acceleration is kinda wonky. definitely needs tweaks and it's own customizable controls (which it doesn't have right now).

overall it feels like they stole a lot of ideas from Planetside 2 and implemented them in typical half-assed DICE fashion. The map overall was decent but most of the gadgets and such were extremely problematic or just plain broken. Will become a scout heli rape fest if they don't remove 1 after they fix the SC-42, because that thing is pretty much the only thing keeping the scout helis down on the map. if the rest of the maps turn out similar to this then it won't be a half bad DLC, but I'm not a huge fan of the current CTE game mechanics changes so that alone turned me off a bit. followed up by the typically idiotic gadgets and typical hitreg and network issues I'm not all that excited.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

matsif wrote:(so 99% of GC players)
Well that is a very optimistic statement, some people are as blind as a bat in vacuum.

Most I've seen from this DLC just really makes me want go play BF 2142 where the gadgets actually did cool things instead of automatic something you can already do yourself. Dat hovertank tho. Also this little bugger is back, except they made it not interesting.

Now we just need the Lambert Carbine, IT-33 and some RDX for maximum hilarity.
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

There is snow camo? At least I was using it yesterday.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

elchino7 wrote:Magrider: checked

Lancer: checked

PPA: awaiting for confirmation.
Lancer? Do you mean the Railjack?
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

ICallIDTheft wrote:
Now we just need the Lambert Carbine, IT-33 and some RDX for maximum hilarity.

The hovermines and droppods/pod APCs too please.

I loved when you'd get into that weird stalemate with the mines where they'd raise off the ground so you'd stop, knowing if you moved before taking them out you were done.