Spring Patch

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

CrookedBarrel

Spring Patch

Post by CrookedBarrel »

phpBB [video]

No netcode fixes, including damage in one frame, damage delay reduction and taking damage around cover, which are in the CTE will be included in the spring patch.

What will be included: Suppression affecting recoil/spread/first shot multiplier when outside effective range of weapons. I.E. messing with your aim when getting shot at from across the map.

Everyone hyped for C6 yet?

Update:
phpBB [video]

Correction: Everything BUT increased damage packet sending will be in the spring patch. I.E. just about the opposite of what the first video stated. Quite the mistake on Battlenonsense's part.
Last edited by CrookedBarrel on Mon May 04, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Spring Patch

Post by cancel_man »

I just watched his updated analysis of server refresh & delay between players. It's a really good deep dive on the engine and the challenges Battlefield faces with its "netcode"

phpBB [video]

Basically because BF (3 & 4) has more realistic bullet physics (instead of hit scan) the processing is shared between server and client then negotiated. As opposed to the hit scan weapons in CS and CoD which are processed on the server.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

phpBB [video]

I wonder if what he mentioned there about the map design process in BF4 is true. I mean for me most of BF4 maps kind of suck donkey balls, but still something like that seems a little bit far fetched even for DICE.

I honestly have no idea how the game design process at DICE works. Don't get me wrong BF3 was clunky as well (I still remember how happy some were after the last BF3 campaign saying that they can finally uninstall the game), but nothing compared to BF4. How they managed to frak the game so bad is beyond me.

As for the Spring patch, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation. I just hope they won't break anything major.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I thought the "netcode initiative" has ended a year ago 8O
On the bright side we might get some old bugs back :thumbup:
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

OP updated, apparently the guy misinterpreted the information he got and most fixes will be in.
Necromancer wrote:On the bright side we might get some old bugs back
I don't doubt that. Just hope they're minor.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Just remember the no gun glitch and be happy with BF4. At least there isn't anything as gamebreaking ruining our fun.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Calloutman wrote:Just remember the no gun glitch and be happy with BF4. At least there isn't anything as gamebreaking ruining our fun.
Speak for yourself; I still can't play since the last patch. I'm hoping they will sort out whatever problem has been causing so many crashes.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Calloutman wrote:Just remember the no gun glitch and be happy with BF4. At least there isn't anything as gamebreaking ruining our fun.
Of course there is nothing as game-breaking to ruin our fun in BF4 because BF4 isn't fun in the first place.
Thats why you're so tolerant with pile of BS that is BF4. Nothing can break what is already broken.
crap netcode, crap gun fights, crap maps, revive bugs, crashes... all acceptable. everything pales in sight of the dreaded "gun glitch"....

P.S.
Gun glitch didn't hit us with numbers ~40 players. Currently wouldn't be a problem.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

The gun glitch was pretty unique to our community for some reason. Remember our scrim with 21CW which never had the issue till we joined their server?

Generally speaking I had a lot more unforgettable moments playing BF3 than moments I'd rather forget. Wish I could say the same about BF4.
CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CaptJagermeister »

I feel like I'm the only one that actually likes playing BF4 even moreso than BF3. The game works fine for me and IMO they improved a lot of gameplay elements and the map design from BF3 to BF4.
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

CaptJagermeister wrote:I feel like I'm the only one that actually likes playing BF4 even moreso than BF3.
You're not.