BF3
48%
BF4
52%

Total votes: 64

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 or BF3 - The poll is back again!

Post by haruky »

Please... BF3 had some great memories for me.
Image[/url]
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

If you can confirm AN94 is coming to BF4 I am now undecided. I will happily sit on a fence with 1200rpm.

AN94 is love, AN94 is life.
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

I'm not voting because I have both games installed and ready to go.

Personally, I would prefer a BF4 campaign since we've already starting the next campaign's planning. Switching to BF3, IMHO, even this early has the potential to require more planning time.

However, I'm also for what the community wants and will adjust/adapt as necessary.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

haruky wrote:Please... BF3 had some great memories for me.
If we play BF3, I call dibs on the Mobile Arty :P
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

My vote is for BF3 because:

I've always had more fun with BF3 than BF4. In the last year, I've probably spend more time pubbing in BF3 than in BF4.

I find the gunplay to be better in BF3. The only improvement BF4 made was the suppression mechanic. BF3 just feels tighter. You hear every bullet that hits you. Hit indicators actually tell you which direction you took damage from on a consistent basis. The player shooting you is always looking in your direction etc...

I find playing in vehicles more fun in BF3.

There are about 20 maps I find GC-worthy in BF3. I like about 8 in BF4.

Aside from when the DART/MASS was bugged, we never felt the need to ban any weapons in BF3.

I would honestly rather occasionally have to disconnect and reconnect due to the no-gun glitch than play BF4. We didn't have major issues with that glitch with the player numbers we've seen recently, and who knows, it may not affect us at all.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Sao wrote:If you can confirm AN94 is coming to BF4 I am now undecided. I will happily sit on a fence with 1200rpm.

AN94 is love, AN94 is life.
It is already in the CTE, but they changed it. Only tried on the test range for 1 min, so dont ask how exactly
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

I am a little torn about this, honestly. I am just gonna go through a few points that come to mind about this.

I am for whatever gets the most people to play here. I voted BF4 because I think that gives us much better chances at staying at a competetive size overall.

In my book, the no gun glitch would be a complete dealbreaker. Even in it's most unplayable state, we still had more people able to play the game in BF4 than when the gun glitch hit us. Sadly, the only way to find out if that's still a problem is to pay for a server.

I also think that a lot of people here are looking back on BF3 with rose-tinted glasses. There are plenty of mechanics that are simply done worse than in BF4 (suppression, anyone?). I fear that many people might say they want to return now, but might chnage their stance two weeks in.

BF3 premium edition (the only one that would make sense to buy, since we definitely would want to inlude DLC maps) is 17€ on G2A. 30€ on Origin, if you wanna go legit. That's not the world, but it's not nothing either.

What about Venice Unleashed? From what I've heard about it, it seems very interesting for us, but how many new problems can we expect if we start modding? Is it worth it and is it even gonna work for everybody?

The one thing that's clear for me is that it'll delay the next campaign a fair bit, since we basically have to go through everything from burn rates and ticket numbers to who to actually choose for the different roles to make it work.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

could we get a PM to everybody (e.g. army wide as we are still assigned) and ask for votes/input?
If a significant number of people dont have BF3 it could be a deal breaker from the get go. Paying 17$ is too much to expect.

gun-glitch is a clear deal breaker as well. Occasionally is fine, but we had it on a massive scale at a later stage!
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

This is all conjecture, so take this with a grain of salt: I think trying to move to BF3 right now probably isn't the best move. I think we lost a lot of the BF3 old-timers when we moved to BF4 and the game performed so poorly. It feels like we'll lose our BF4 folks if we move to BF3 and there's no guarantee our old BF3 folks will come back.

What if we took this next campaign to see where Venice Unleashed winds up?
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

InsanityRocks wrote:This is all conjecture, so take this with a grain of salt: I think trying to move to BF3 right now probably isn't the best move. I think we lost a lot of the BF3 old-timers when we moved to BF4 and the game performed so poorly. It feels like we'll lose our BF4 folks if we move to BF3 and there's no guarantee our old BF3 folks will come back.

What if we took this next campaign to see where Venice Unleashed winds up?
Agreed
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

plz send mass mail to all members- may be some come back who left after BF3 - and have a poll who would be willing to play in a BF3 campaign and who in 4 ( I'd go for both, tend a bit more to 3 atm). The BF3 Mod looks intresting, so why not have a try with it during the break ? are BF3 servers cheeper ?
play some BF3 to remember all the downs, like gonzo mentioned " supporting fire !" I liked it but mostly I played the supporter :P

once more play on kack land would be a dream - epic battles with 10 min for 1 ticket :thumbup:
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

AFAIK Venice unleashed is not yet released. It's close but not done.

How about we start small and organize a fun day for next saturday?
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

LoRdG0nZo wrote:AFAIK Venice unleashed is not yet released. It's close but not done.

How about we start small and organize a fun day for next saturday?
fun day with what game ? have to install 3 again - cos new PC here 8)
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

I rather play BF2
k: k: k: k: k: k: k:
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

I probably wouldn't play a BF3 campaign.

I don't experience more problems in BF4 than BF3. DICE is continuing to roll out patches/improvements/support for BF4 (along with new content). I like 5 man squads and commander mode. There's a lot more potential to pull in new players from the larger BF4 community. BF3 maps are cool and all but I enjoy BF4's gameplay more and there's just not enough draw to the older game for me to go back to it.