BF3
48%
BF4
52%

Total votes: 64

LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 or BF3 - The poll is back again!

Post by LoA »

I agree with everything ID said.

Also, think about this. We'd be the only community running an organized 32vs32 Battlefield 3, or even, Battlefield campaign. There's a bunch of old BF3 players that are either just casually pubbing it or have stopped playing Battlefield entirely simply because of BF4 being disappointing to say the least. The BF3 dogfighting is still going strong, there's a bunch of people who play random 2v2/5v5/8v8 scrims every day and I bet they'd be very interested in playing with larger numbers.

LevelBF tried to start a BF4 32vs32 campaign which inevitably failed afaik, 21CW are wrapping up their 48th campaign tomorrow and I'm pretty sure that campaign is pretty dead in terms of numbers aswell. There's a lot of people who wants to play organized 32's and actully have fun but there's no community out there who delivers it.

The only thing I see possibly hindering this is if the gun glitch would occur. But I bet if some of us could chip in a few bucks we'd easily get enough money to rent a server for at least a month to try this. If it fails, I bet Insurgency would be very fun to play organized while we wait for "Squad" or Venice Unleashed to finish up.
Last edited by LoA on Fri May 15, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

LoA wrote: LevelBF tried to start a BF4 32vs32 campaign which inevitably failed afaik, 21CW are wrapping up their 48th campaign tomorrow and I'm pretty sure that campaign is pretty dead in terms of numbers aswell. There's a lot of people who wants to play organized 32's and actully have fun but there's no community out there who delivers it.
Good! we will be the only community running a BF4 campaign!
oh wait :roll:
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

CrookedBarrel wrote:
RazY70 wrote:We have plenty of experience running both.
This here is exactly my problem with this thread. Who is this "We", Razy? Because from where I'm sitting you've never done so much as squad lead, let alone actually get involved in organising a campaign, yet you are ALWAYS among the people complaining about the decisions that have been made by people actually sacrificing their time and energy to actually make things happen.

Now, Razy is a prime example, but how many of you are actively making an effort to improve things here? I'm not talking about 21st century activism, where you think yelling loudly from your comfy chair is getting things done, but about actually signing up and getting involved in making decisions.
AHHH THE STRAWMEN, THEY'RE EVERYWHEEEEEEERRRREEE
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

CrookedBarrel wrote:
RazY70 wrote:We have plenty of experience running both.
This here is exactly my problem with this thread. Who is this "We", Razy? Because from where I'm sitting you've never done so much as squad lead, let alone actually get involved in organising a campaign, yet you are ALWAYS among the people complaining about the decisions that have been made by people actually sacrificing their time and energy to actually make things happen.

Now, Razy is a prime example, but how many of you are actively making an effort to improve things here? I'm not talking about 21st century activism, where you think yelling loudly from your comfy chair is getting things done, but about actually signing up and getting involved in making decisions.
Well, "We", Crooked, are members of the community who have been around here for quite some time, and would like to voice their opinions and suggestions from time to time. If it's alright with you that is.

If you have something constructive to suggest let's hear it out. Otherwise, just continue sitting, take a deep breath and relax. I certainly wouldn't like you to throw another disappearing act before the campaign starts.
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

RazY70 wrote:I certainly wouldn't like you to throw another disappearing act before the campaign starts.
Why do you think I left in the first place? When I said I needed a break from the community, I meant it, and that situation has not improved in the mean time.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

CrookedBarrel wrote:actually signing up and getting involved in making decisions.
Replaying to this thread is all the 'decision making' we are able to do.
After all its up to the Exec-TA (active execs occupying TA role) and the two generals.
What they decide is what will happen and there's little we can do about it beside trying to sway their opinions this or the other way in this thread or in the secret TA forums or TS.
ViperXVII
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ViperXVII »

Might I suggest a new poll?

A) I would be up to playing both bf3 and bf4 (if it can be done)
B) I would play either, but lean more towards bf3
C) I would play either, but lean more towards bf4
D) I would only play bf3
E) I would only play bf4

As it stands, the current poll proved that some of us (myself included) wouldn't mind playing 3, but it's very inexact for the issues being discussed.
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Just to update everyone really quick:

First of all, nothing has been set in stone regarding which game(s) we are going to be playing at this point. A couple things need to happen before this is decided. First, we need Rob or whoever else to let us know if we can setup the draft in such a way that we can determine who wants to play which game. If that is possible, then we can look at the possibility of having a dual game campaign. If that is the case, then we will likely put up a poll to gauge the community's interest in something like that. If it is not possible, then it's fairly likely that we will move forward with a BF4 campaign. This is the result of today's meeting and if I've said something in error, I welcome Insanity or whoever else to correct me.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

CognitoCon wrote:First, we need Rob or whoever else to let us know if we can setup the draft in such a way that we can determine who wants to play which game.
Using the free comment box in the draft form is not good enough?
google doc?
Last edited by Necromancer on Fri May 15, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

We would need to make sure every single person stated their game preference, which is unlikely unless they are prompted. Also, the lack of formatting would be somewhat of a nuisance.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Is it going to matter?
Remind me how accurate that attendance check list is?
Cus as far as i remember the claim was that check list was anything but reliable.
How a game preference check list will be any different?

Using a google doc may require a bit more manual work for connecting users with their preference, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker.
In case its not possible to add it to the draft form that is.
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Knowing your attendance for the next 6 weeks is a bit different from knowing which games you own/play. A google doc might work, but I'm not sure if everyone involved wants to juggle 2 different forms and so forth.
Róka

Post by Róka »

So I've been hanging out on the sidelines (way too busy IRL to be completely active), but I read the New Posts and Threads every day.
Just wanted to chip-in that through all the heat, this would be best if you can update that poll.
Spoiler: show
ViperXVII wrote:Might I suggest a new poll?

A) I would be up to playing both bf3 and bf4 (if it can be done)
B) I would play either, but lean more towards bf3
C) I would play either, but lean more towards bf4
D) I would only play bf3
E) I would only play bf4

As it stands, the current poll proved that some of us (myself included) wouldn't mind playing 3, but it's very inexact for the issues being discussed.
ImageImage
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Róka wrote:... would be best if you can update that poll.
And that's the plan if Rob ever gets back to me. He read the message, but did not respond. :lol:
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

CognitoCon wrote:
Róka wrote:... would be best if you can update that poll.
And that's the plan if Rob ever gets back to me. He read the message, but did not respond. :lol:
New Updated Poll Here