BF4 Spring update is here + Discussion

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Nix

BF4 Spring update is here + Discussion

Post by Nix »

AN-94 is alright. Burst feature is buggy though.

Netcode was improved massively. You now get shot behind even more corners now! :clap:

Overall meh update 3/10
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 Spring update is here + Discussion

Post by Jokerle »

there is just so much wrong with this:
Patch notes have been delayed. Unfortunately we don't have an ETA but they will be posted ASAP. Thank you!
I can understand bugs in programming or design decisions that turn out badly, but those patch notes should have been ready days ago.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Nix

Post by Nix »

lol that's bad.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Looks like the new guns are auto unlocked for everyone, thats good stuff. Now all the people who don't like hopping into pubs can use them on the next battleday.... whenever that is.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Loadouts were reset so had to set everything again.

Don't forget you can now set if you want your chute to autodeploy or not
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Is it just me or guns fire ketchup now?

It's okay they had to test for Battlefront but cmon on im shooting 100% of orange tracer rounds with the L86A2.

Edit: look at this http://i.imgur.com/71snps4.jpg (pic shows what it looks like 5 bullets fired which are all tracer rounds, basically a laser beam)
Last edited by Hgx on Tue May 26, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

RazY70 wrote:Loadouts were reset so had to set everything again.
Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]
Nix wrote:Netcode was improved massively. You now get shot behind even more corners now!
Business as usual.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Wow, jets Air-to-Ground missiles been nerfed so that you need to wait 4 seconds between firing the 2 weak missiles that you get. I dont know why they thought that was a good idea
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

anyone have a good TL;DR?
I watched XFactor's Video on it and it's pretty alright for information:
Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Hgx wrote:Is it just me or guns fire ketchup now?

It's okay they had to test for Battlefront but cmon on im shooting 100% of orange tracer rounds with the L86A2.

Edit: look at this http://i.imgur.com/71snps4.jpg (pic shows what it looks like 5 bullets fired which are all tracer rounds, basically a laser beam)
That's tracer rounds for ya. Ever played Arma? :)

Overall good patch imo. Haven't noticed anything bad with the netcode? :| The SRAW has been both buffed and nerfed, higher scope FoV, travels slower and shorter range. So you can't kill something across the map anymore with insane precision. There was no incentive to use any other RPG other than the SRAW pre-patch, finally the RPG and SMAW is an option again. Good.

Air balance is still a clusterfuck though. Good thing they've nailed down the infantry gameplay I guess. Maybe they're able to not frak that up for BF5 and get to work on the air. I'm probably gonna be playing Squad whenever BF5 releases though, oh well.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

TL;DR version ? What is opieop ?

SRAW and TV tweaks :(

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
nx-jojo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by nx-jojo »

TD;DR?
TV crap
SRAW crap
thermal sights on vehicles crap

we got a few new weapons noone wanted nor needed. i guess casuals will cry in joy coz they got a few new guns to play with. people who are not totally retarded see how DICE LA managed to frak up hard.

i already consider moving on from BF4 to another game. and no this is not some premature raging. it's based on how much this patched fraked competetive gameplay.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

This new LMG is okay, but pretty Meh on the whole. I mean, 700 RPM isn't really anything to write home about, and the reload times are unbearably long. You might as well just use the PKP, which does a tonne more damage and has triple the ammo capacity.

But hey, at least the game works again. Why it took them THIS fraking long to fix whatever crash bug they added with that last patch is beyond me entirely, but better late than never I suppose. :roll:

Also, what the hell is this new sidearm? It's a leg? :?

EDIT: The new LMG is garbage. Use pretty much anything else for better effect. After switching around and getting backinto the swing of the game, there's just no reason to use it. :thumbup:
Last edited by Fields on Tue May 26, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

Fields wrote:Also, what the hell is this new sidearm? It's a leg? :?
Youngens...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare%27s_Leg
the name given to a customized shortened rifle by Steve McQueen’s character on the television series Wanted: Dead or Alive (1958–1961). [...] "Mare's leg" is now a generic term for a Winchester Model 1892 (or modern derivative) with a shortened barrel and stock.