Can you walk and talk at the same time?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

CrookedBarrel

Can you walk and talk at the same time?

Post by CrookedBarrel »

And can you do it without losing the ability to perform certain actions while playing?

Hi, I'm CrookedBarrel, and I'm here to tell you about USB foot pedals!

Are you tired of getting shot while trying to talk to people over teamspeak? Do you find yourself fumbling with finger-twisting keybinds to use channel commander? Do people think you're a mute?

Then I have the product for you:

(Rad kicks not included, sorry folks!)

It neither slices nor dices, but it does allow you to assign any key normally available on your keyboard to the pedal, allowing you hands free control!

It works with any piece of software a normal keyboard works with. And while the setup software is Windows only, it will work with Linux and Mac after it's been configured! Hell, if your device supports USB OTG you could even hook it up to your phone! Now that is hella-tight, son!

But wait, there's more! Is the thought of picking which action to assign to only one pedal causing you stress? Well don't despair, we have the solution for you:

Three pedals for the price of two! You can even use multiple pedal units together and type using nothing but your feet! Tubular!

Available in any color. As long as it's black.
Which, while famous, is unlikely to be a real quote.

Now available at select online-only auction sites(search for "usb pedal"), Average prices around 10EUR for single pedals, 20EUR for triple. US prices are even lower with the most popular one selling for only $3.44!

Disclaimer:
CrookedBarrel is not affiliated with any sellers or the manufacturers of this product. Should any of you sue-happy Americans buy one, I'm not responsible if anything happens to you, including but not limited to: lightning strikes, fires, negligent discharge, locusts, bubonic plague(other plagues also available), swine flue, and common sense.

On a more serious note: These pedals are neat and work fine, though they are still Chinese electronics in Chinese plastic. I've not had any issues with the former, but after using my single pedal intensively for a few months(and using it as a footrest a lot of the time) the part holding the pedal to the base did break. YMMV.
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Re: Can you walk and talk at the same time?

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Do they do a delux version with a pedal for each toe plus a large one for a foot. So like, add 5 little pedals to the end of the big pedal? So you can press while you press?
CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CaptJagermeister »

Or just buy a proper mouse with a few thumb buttons and bind it to that?
Róka

Post by Róka »

Is there Premium? I don't think I will be able to take full use of these unless there is an extra $60 fee...
ImageImage
Nix

Post by Nix »

Hi, I'm Nix, and I want to inform you on a revolutionary new product:

Automatic Voice Detection

That's right! Fully automatic, no buttons or cheap usb pedals! Only your God-like voice is the key!

Get it at your local settings menu today!
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

CaptJagermeister wrote:Or just buy a proper mouse with a few thumb buttons and bind it to that?
I have buttons galore, but can you truly say it doesn't interfere with your aim?
Nix wrote:Automatic Voice Detection
Because we all love hotmikers, and that works for multiple binds?

I'm not saying it's the solution for everyone. I just know it works well for me.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Do I get access to Pedal Credits and an exclusive online-auction only blue pedal if I pre order?
Image[/url]
Nix

Post by Nix »

What about Mod tools? Skins? DLC?

I NEED TO KNOW
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Róka

Post by Róka »

CrookedBarrel wrote:
Nix wrote:Automatic Voice Detection
Because we all love hotmikers, and that works for multiple binds?

I'm not saying it's the solution for everyone. I just know it works well for me.
Gotta bind a mic-mute/unmute key for when you hotmic if that's a problem. i.e. if I'm about to sneeze I just mute.
ImageImage
Nix

Post by Nix »

Yep.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

those kicks are aweful :lol:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CaptJagermeister »

CrookedBarrel wrote:
CaptJagermeister wrote:Or just buy a proper mouse with a few thumb buttons and bind it to that?
I have buttons galore, but can you truly say it doesn't interfere with your aim?
Only in really hectic moments, but thats because I get to busy playing and have to think way to much about pressing that button. I think I'm just going to use the thumb button for Channel Commander and voice activation for the rest
fUNh1t

Post by fUNh1t »

I'll stay mute, thx.
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

I'm seriously considering this. Right now my feet don't do a damn thing on battleday besides carry me to the bathroom/kitchen between rounds. Time to make feet a part of the team!

One unconfirmed review says the the 3-pedal switch doesn't have rollover (no simultaneous presses) so it might not be adequate for other gaming uses but it would work fine for hotkeys.
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

Róka wrote:Gotta bind a mic-mute/unmute key for when you hotmic if that's a problem. i.e. if I'm about to sneeze I just mute.
And yet there are still people with loud mechanical keyboards that are constantly typing audibly, creaking chairs, and people yelling at people in their house without muting.

I'd be more accepting of voice activation if people were more consistent with muting when needed, and setting up the threshold for activation properly.

Then again, I don't understand people using shitty microphones, usually in combination with speakers for that wonderfully deformed booming echo, either.
I make an effort to sort out my end because I care about other people not getting annoyed with me(the technical side at least, the rest I can't help), but not everyone does.

Frankly, it's about concentration; I don't need you typing in my ear while trying to hear another squadmate with channel commander and game audio going on.

cancel_man wrote:One unconfirmed review says the the 3-pedal switch doesn't have rollover (no simultaneous presses) so it might not be adequate for other gaming uses but it would work fine for hotkeys.
I can confirm this. If you're holding one pedal and press another, the first one will stop holding and needs to be released and pressed again.

However, different units(I.E. any combination of single or triple pedals, as long as they have a dedicated USB connection) can be pressed simultaneously. I can hold my single and one of the triple pedals and they remain active.

I you're wondering about setup options:
Spoiler: show
Note that it does not have true "macro" capability. You can have it type a string of characters, but not with different modifiers(Ctrl, Shift, Alt) throughout the string.