All aboard the BF5 hype train

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: All aboard the BF5 hype train

Post by CekiHappy »

Yeah I can't wait to play as an Austro-Hungarian soldier freezing to death in the Caparthian mountains because I was equipped with a summer uniform in the winter.

you could also spawn as russian soldier and be tasked with running into machine gun fire because the germans have to run out of ammo sometime, right?
Róka

Post by Róka »

CekiHappy wrote:Yeah I can't wait to play as an Austro-Hungarian soldier freezing to death in the Caparthian mountains because I was equipped with a summer uniform in the winter.
FOR MOTHER PRUSSIA!
hehe get it? that wasn't a typo.
CekiHappy wrote:you could also spawn as russian soldier and be tasked with running into machine gun fire because the germans have to run out of ammo sometime, right?
Screenshot (42).png
FOCKIN' PUSSAYS GET OUT THERE! I'VE CALCULATED WE CAN WASTE 50 MORE TICKETS TO RUN THEM OUT OF AMMO!
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I'm waiting for actual gameplay before I board the hype train, although that trailer was cool. but let's not forget the star wars battlefront trailer was cool, and that game died in terms of player base in 3 weeks on the PC.

there's a ton of questions I want answers to before I can make any opinion. how are they handling TTK and classes? sure the machine guns will work fine, but how are they handling everyone in the infantry having a bolt action rifle for the most part? and speaking of machine guns, are they going to make that a class when a machine gun in WWI was like a 3 person job since the gun and tripod were 100+ pounds without including ammo or water cans for cooling the barrel in the common water cooled MGs? what are they doing for an unlocks system in a time period where optics and other such equipment common to the BF series since BC2 don't exist? how are they going to make tanks even worthwhile to play in when they move at like 5 mph at best? are the zeppelins there just for show, or are they going to simply be rips of the AT-ATs from battlefront's walker assault mode, or are they going to be unique pilotable vehicles? is artillery going to be a player used object or a commander use asset like BF2 or a "spot and shoot" thing like the mortar strike from the recon class in BC2? simple things like that where if they keep to their reality standards are going to be a huge change in gameplay from the previous games.

I mean I want to be excited, but after the nonsense we've been given from DICE for the past iterations of the game I need some gameplay stuff to prove to me that this isn't going to be some knockoff hardline or star wars battlefront garbage. I'm also concerned over development time, considering DICE Stockholm is their major release studio and they did battlefront and mirror's edge 2 just recently. if this is going to be anything more than a lightened up port of BF4 or battlefront, they haven't had a whole lot of time to do much of anything.

I'm not sold. Not until I see actual unscripted gameplay that shows how the game mechanics will work. My fear is that this is effectively going to be all infantry only, with anything that would be interesting ending up as a rip from battlefront's walker assault mode or a scripted action that the players can't control.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

If BF5 is a shitty reskin of Battlefront... the franchise will die. It's hard to believe they would pull something like that after BF4.

But now that you've pointed out the possibility, I have a sick feeling you're 100% right.
ImageImageImage
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Well aside from pessamistic conjecture, anyone catch this?Image

2 PERSON JETS BABYYYYY. (Inb4 biplanes) here's hoping they sack up and include them in the multiplayer maps too and not just story mode.
Nix

Post by Nix »

phpBB [video]
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Best part about WWI aircraft is that they'll finally be moving a realistic speed. Always fun to have your 5th generation air superiority fighter with supersonic cruise limited to 300kph.
ImageImageImage
Sebok

Post by Sebok »

Introducing new class exclusive for Russian team: The Commissar. Uses only pistols. When you have a commissar in squad, squad members can respawn at him instantly but they cannot move backwards. They also get 25% speed boost.
"We're all soldiers now."
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

ImageImageImage
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

Sebok wrote:Introducing new class exclusive for Russian team: The Commissar. Uses only pistols. When you have a commissar in squad, squad members can respawn at him instantly but they cannot move backwards. They also get 25% speed boost.
Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I'm excited, but I agree entirely with matsif. There's no way of telling how good it'll be until we see some proper gameplay. I'm hoping they've learnt their lessons from Hardline and Battlefront. BF4 has more players online than these two, and it's over two and a half years old now. I'm not saying BF4 is perfect, more talking about the large gameplay style.

Regardless, apparently they're using a lot of rarer weapons to keep things interesting. Not as realistic, but we won't all be running around with bold action rifles, which I'm pretty happy about.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Hyped and not at same time...
I just hope it suits the GC style of play then I'll waste my money on it.
I'd like to know more - DL / Premium ? Microtransactions ? what BS is planned ( We know, no AAA game is without BS these days :roll: )

eDiT
can someone make this a BF1 theme ?

dit ed
pre order includes

• Hellfighter-Pack
• Roter Baron-Pack
• Lawrence von Arabien-Pack
• 5 Battlepacks
( is this german or english some call it denglish :lol: )
also the text is about battleships !!!
phpBB [video]
Mack

Post by Mack »

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer Analysis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l20il6AHlWo
Pre-order Battlefield™ 1 to get the Hellfighter Pack and more.
Battlefield™ 1 Standard Edition 59,99 https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/ ... rd-edition
Battlefield™ 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition 79,99 https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/ ... xe-edition

Standard Edition here 36,99€ http://www.kinguin.net/category/17663/b ... in-cd-key/

+coupon http://couponslasher.com/stores/kinguin-coupon/ comes as cheap

Battlefield™ 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition have more

Early Access – start playing three days before release
Red Baron Pack
Lawrence of Arabia Pack
5x Battlepacks
Róka

Post by Róka »

So much hype!!1!u!
Pilot and Tank classes!
Also there will apparently be location-specific damage for at least planes (i.e. holes in wings slow you down) not just healthy vs disabled vs dead.
and
CekiHappy wrote:you could also spawn as russian soldier and be tasked with running into machine gun fire because the germans have to run out of ammo sometime, right?
See: 4:55
phpBB [video]

More BTS info:
phpBB [video]
ImageImage
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

This is today - EA Play 2016 Live from LA.

Link to steam:
phpBB [video]

Teasers:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]