Community Update / BF2 News Thread ( newest 07/14/05)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Community Update / BF2 News Thread ( newest 07/14/05)

Post by gribble »

ok, i know this was posted somewhere else here, but maybe it is wise to post all the community updates in this thread and update the title when there is a new update :-)
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=update_071405 wrote: GameSpy Login Issues
It has been brought to our attention that some users may be experiencing login problems when trying to log into GameSpy through the BF2 in-game browser. GameSpy is in the process of hunting down the problem to get it fixed they have determined that the issue is related to web sites tracking BF2 stats, the stats tracking feed may be turned off temporarily in order to speed up this process. However, it will be turned back on after this issue has been resolved.

HOTFIX Candidate Now Being Tested!
Listen up soldiers, this update is to inform you that EA and DICE have a HOTFIX candidate for Battlefield 2 v1.01 in testing now. What does this mean? It means the fix for the memory leak found in v1.01 is being tested and will soon be available. While we're unable to specify an exact release date, rest assured, it's not far off and we will keep you updated through this web space.
Last edited by gribble on Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Wow, this iis big news. I hope you pm'd a copy of this.............never mind, I will do it mate.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Smacklug

Post by Smacklug »

wtf!
Screw them, I don't want to reinstall all over again, it took forever!
SPAD3

Post by SPAD3 »

Hopefully servers will have less of a problem.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

The thing is guys, if most of the ranked servers pull the patch, a patched client will not be able to log on that server. Have you checked your server list in BF2 lately. A lot of red servers, red meaning incompatible with your patch version.

Just a thought.

Winter
SPAD3

Post by SPAD3 »

Yea but I'm staying with the patch till the hotfix comes out.
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

w00t, I waited and now I dont have to install the patch!
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
gribble

Post by gribble »

*updated*
from now on i post the news in the thread here and will change the first post with the latest news
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=update_071405 wrote: GameSpy Login Issues
It has been brought to our attention that some users may be experiencing login problems when trying to log into GameSpy through the BF2 in-game browser. GameSpy is in the process of hunting down the problem to get it fixed they have determined that the issue is related to web sites tracking BF2 stats, the stats tracking feed may be turned off temporarily in order to speed up this process. However, it will be turned back on after this issue has been resolved.

HOTFIX Candidate Now Being Tested!
Listen up soldiers, this update is to inform you that EA and DICE have a HOTFIX candidate for Battlefield 2 v1.01 in testing now. What does this mean? It means the fix for the memory leak found in v1.01 is being tested and will soon be available. While we're unable to specify an exact release date, rest assured, it's not far off and we will keep you updated through this web space.
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

So, what does that mean for GC, like this Saturday, are we going to have the patch, or no patch?
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

WE WILL BE USING THE PATCH.[/b]
znipah

Post by znipah »

@x1-znipah|StFw.GR
@3-Fw.znipah|PJ
@4-ObSchtz.znipah|DAK
@5-Hptm.znipah|SD
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Kewl, thanks znipah. I was waiting and hoping. lol.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

We won't be using 1.02 tonight during the spec-ops scrim. We may use it for tomorrow, but please wait on installing.
jacobslight

Post by jacobslight »

Make sure you do NOT install 1.02 for tomorrow's battle-day, unless it is posted to do so.

Remember, we have to get the game server provider to update the server. I think the chances of this happening in the next 14 hours are slim. Even if it were, would we really have time to test the server, to make sure it's ok to play on .. and (maybe) re-set it all up (maybe all set-up would be wiped, on the server upgrade .. I'm not sure).

So, I would advise that people wait, until they see a post to update.

Maybe download the patch, and have it ready.

My thinking is, if I have it ready, it will be easy to patch up to 1.02. But, if I do the patch now, it will be a LOT harder, to downgrade, right at game time !! 8) .

JacobsLight
GC World of Warcraft Guild Leader

Col. U.S. Forces, BF2 campaign 1
Image Image

Webmaster GC WOW Guild web page ..
http://wow.global-conflict.org
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

10-4, just needed to know the details, because some people say this and that, and the software doesn't like to not suck...

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage