BF2 IRCbot v1.1.0

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

BF2 IRCbot v1.1.0

Post by gribble »

ok, first the link to the official site : http://ircbot.bf-scene.de (don't worry about the .de, the site is in english :) )

second, some info:
About wrote: With this program you can broadcast a game into the IRC. In other games such a program is standard (eg: Halflife), but in Battlefield its a little bit difficult. I'm using the gamespy protocol to calculate the "action" on the server. There can be some errors because such a calculation isn't perfect, but its good enough to follow the game. Once the bf`ircbot is connected to the irc and the gameserver the broadcast starts.
Notice: The bf`ircbot needs bandwidth. This depends on your settings and the server (more player = more traffic). You can also use the bf`ircbot with linux. On startup it automaticly goes into the background.
Frequently Asked Questions wrote: Q.: I've entered all correctly and the bf`ircbot joins the channel but doesn't show anything. (only things like hostname[] map[]). What's wrong?
A.: This is the most error. I think you've entered a port like 14567(bf42) or 15567(bfv). This is wrong. These ports are gameports, you need the queryport that should be 23000 (default). If you don't know the queryport of the server, ask the serveradmin.

Q.: Why can't I see the ticketstatus? (I'm using BF:V)
A.: Battlefield Vietnam 1.0 doesn't support a ticketstatus. It's only available since Version 1.01

Q.: Why can't I see a BF Intro when the bot joins a channel on GamesNet?
A.: This is a GamesNet problem. GamesNet doesn't allow to send anything to the channels at startup. (You need to wait about ten seconds.) So set bf_start to 0 and start the broadcast manually with .bf_start via remote control.

Q.: Why doesn't my bot write anything in my channel?
A.: Many people have this problem. Check if your channel allows colors. (command for removing colors in mIRC: /mode #channel -c)

Q.: Why does my bot exit manually?
A.: I don't know yet. I saw this with the linux version. I hope that i can fix it soon.

Q.: I only see black kill and flag capture messages. Why aren't they clored?
A.: I don't know yet. I think its a bf:v problem. Close the broadcast and wait a few seconds and restart it again. This could fix it.
get more info about how to use this program and other stuff on their website

our irc channel? i guess there is none "official" right now, will do something about that (including this kind of bot?) when i am back online at home.... feel free to msg me about that :)
gribble

Post by gribble »

ircbot wrote: Finally, i have managed to complete the bf2`ircbot. It was not as easy as i thought and of course the beta tester requested features which are now implemented, like the new advertisment system.

You find the files in the download section.
The page will be restructed as soon as possible. At the moment the readme/faq is for the old bf`ircbot. You will find a short installation guide in the server files.

Well if you wanna download the server files you should know that there are two versions: a normal and a modmanager.
the modmanager version has problems with the pause status. it will not register it. I hope i can fix it in the future.

I hope you enjoy it :)
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Re: BF2 IRCbot v1.1.0

Post by ph1l0r »

gribble wrote: our irc channel? i guess there is none "official" right now, will do something about that (including this kind of bot?) when i am back online at home.... feel free to msg me about that :)
Yeah baby yeah! IRC rocks. I believe an "official" channel for gc would also help to acquire new guys playing and nothing bets live support on irc when there is this awful lot of questions in your head.

http://www.google.com/Top/Computers/Sof ... /Chat/IRC/

Pick your client of choice and you're ready to go ;-)
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
gribble

Post by gribble »

hmm... another IRC bot i just found -> http://www.bf2bot.com/