DaGrooved1

Rank Points in BF2

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I googled bf2 ranks and found the following requirements

more can be found here
http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf2/game/awards/
syL

Post by syL »

This site is a lot better, as it tells you what exactly the criteria for ribbons/medals/awards are:

http://ubar.phusion9.com/

Some of the requirements are utterly ridiculous (assuming what that site says is accurate).

take the distinguished service medal for example:

· 3000 Global Hours as a Commander

· 2000 Global Hours as a Squad Leader

· 2000 Global Hours as Squad Member

· Player Score of 53 in 1 Round (Total score in far left column of

Scoreboard)

That adds up to 7000 hours of play. Even if you'd get on average 3 hours EACH AND EVERY DAY (only on ranked servers of course) it would take you over 6 years to get that medal. I really don't think bf2 will last that long (beside the fact that 3 hours average is more than even most hard-hardcore gamers will be able to get)

Either something's wrong with that site (doesn't seem like it, as especially the longer ribbons and stuff seem to be accurate and in compliance with personal experience) or EA/Dice are totally out of their mind
Dedicated to the Steelworkers of America. Keep reaching for that rainbow!
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

I imagine they will patch that requirement once someone with math skills like yours syl, and a friendly ear at EA games recognizes what that requirement is asking of fans.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

It takes more points to go from gunnery sergent to master sergent than to progess through each of the next 3 ranks?..I think that site is probably wrong.

I don't see how anyone could possibly acheive the highest ranks within a reasonable estamate of the life span of this game. Now, if it worked like a MMORPG where you get more points for killing/reviving/aiding higher ranked players, then it would be very possible.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

Syl's website is much more detailed, i only need 13 more knife kills for a veteran knife badge.