Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

EA Community update 30 Nov.

Post by sushi »

Community Update 11/30/05

BF2 v1.12 Update
We at DICE and EA are committed to on-going support for Battlefield 2. We're pleased to see that so many of you are still playing the game on a regular basis and continue to support it and the community with some great mods and movies (We're big fans of the machinimas, so keep them coming guys, and MINE, you guys rock!).

We wanted to let you know that we're already hard at work on a post 1.12 update. While we can't go into details about it, yet, rest assured that we're checking the forums, listening to our customer support teams and working hard on the features that YOU'VE asked for. As soon as we can give more concrete details, we will. Just know that we're all 100% into making Battlefield 2 the very best that it can be.

Mod Tool Update
As part of our ongoing support for Battlefield 2 and the community, we're going to be releasing a new version of the Battlefield 2 Mod editor. This is a beta version of the editor and as such comes unsupported. However, we're sure you'll be happy with the additional functionality this tool provides for you eager modders.

We will be releasing the updated Mod Tool to a few individual Mod teams prior to getting it out to everyone else. This will be closely followed by a public release in a few weeks' time. We're really excited about being able to release this and look forward to seeing some great Mods out there.

The guys at DICE and EA
Community Update 11/30/05

BF2 v1.12 Update
We at DICE and EA are committed to on-going support for Battlefield 2. We're pleased to see that so many of you are still playing the game on a regular basis and continue to support it and the community with some great mods and movies (We're big fans of the machinimas, so keep them coming guys, and MINE, you guys rock!).

We wanted to let you know that we're already hard at work on a post 1.12 update. While we can't go into details about it, yet, rest assured that we're checking the forums, listening to our customer support teams and working hard on the features that YOU'VE asked for. As soon as we can give more concrete details, we will. Just know that we're all 100% into making Battlefield 2 the very best that it can be.

Mod Tool Update
As part of our ongoing support for Battlefield 2 and the community, we're going to be releasing a new version of the Battlefield 2 Mod editor. This is a beta version of the editor and as such comes unsupported. However, we're sure you'll be happy with the additional functionality this tool provides for you eager modders.

We will be releasing the updated Mod Tool to a few individual Mod teams prior to getting it out to everyone else. This will be closely followed by a public release in a few weeks' time. We're really excited about being able to release this and look forward to seeing some great Mods out there.

The guys at DICE and EA
Well I bet they are happy to see, we are still playing, especially since they are planing to release the next addon early next year.... :wink:
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

MINE video ROX!!!! :D

What addon? U mean patch or new expansion ? 8O
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

The new patch doesn't patch anything (at least for me) it just enables for the new unlocks. The new Addon is nice. I like it. The maps are awesome, except for one i'd say, and the night thingie, zip line and grappling hook are hilarious. Move a whole Squad across the map in no time and have them up on a building right next to your flag. Needs a lot more tactic and strategy to defend/attack and you'll never ever feel save again on the battlefield ;-)
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

SiL3nT_BoB wrote:
What addon? U mean patch or new expansion ? 8O
The release date for the next addon (the one after SF) is set allready. I know I have posted the link (of a swiss online shop) some 100 years ago here in the bf news forum but I don't seem to be able to find it atm. :oops:
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

omg....these guys are crazy!!!

i cant believe i'm living the bf1942 times again :(
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM