Operation Peacekeeper v0.1D

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gribble

Operation Peacekeeper v0.1D

Post by gribble »

http://www.opkmod.de/
Hello Community!

At the BFCon06 we showed you the first playable BF2-version of Operation Peacekeeper; today the official demo version of Operation Peacekeeper will be released!
It took us very much time and work to reach the level we are on now. Since this release will definately not be the end of our work but the beginning we want to show you what we have planned to do in the future:

The version you will be able to download is a public demo version. It does not represent the whole content of the mod which will increase steadily within the next months.

New Maps like Out of Reach or Airfield Assault as well as some others will follow with partly enhanced content!
We will use the time until the "big" release to collect your suggestions, ideas and criticism and we will try to implement as many as we can to make OPK the way you, the community, like it!
For this reason your feedback is extremly important for us! You can significantly act on what OPK will be in the future by telling us your opinion of it!
Unfortunately we cannot announce an exact release date of the new version because we don't exactly know when we will have realized all of our planned objectives. But we can say for sure that it will be far from the time we spend on the first version!
In the course of the next versions we will think about new stuff with the community and implement them step by step. Furthermore we will try to provide you with patches regularly. It is not quite sure if we will be able to do all this but we are quite optimistic on this subject.
Now that you are quite well informed about the future plans of OPK it is time to thank you for your support! Without the Battlefield Community OPK would have been recently a dead mod amongst many others.
But by your criticism, fidelity and dedication we were able to stand up again all the time we had fallen to the ground and continue to work on OPK. We are very glad to make you happy by playing our mod and we are looking forward to play together with you on many nights and days!

We also want to thank alle those BF newssites out there! Without their support OPK would not be known and it's doubtful anyone would be interested in it.

Regards to alle the other mod teams (BF1942, BFV, BF2) out there! Keep up the good work and hang in there!

Special thanks and greetings to:
Battlegroup Frontlines (BGF) // BF2, our loyal partner
The BW-Mod // Operation Flashpoint
Point of Existence (PoE) // Battlefield 2
US Intervention (USI) // Battlefield 2
Battlefield 1918 (BF1918 ) // Battlefield 1942 & Battlefield 2
Project Reality (PRM) for Battlefield 2
Tactiacal War (TW) for Battlefield 2

Special thank also to the guys who support us and many other mods:
Flüstertüte, who supports us with a webspace and website and helps us with any problem we are fighting with!
Gamma and Lexi from the EA-Community Team and their great team which made the BFCON06 an unforgettable event! We also want to thank Blauauge for his support and his pretty cool merchandise stuff!
Very special thanks to all those bands who supported us with their music! Especially Shearer, those Kick-ass rock guys from Berlin who gave us their great music for our first videos; congratulations to your record contract you really earned this! Likewise greetings to TwoDollarHaircut, Subsquad, Condense and all the others! You really formed the appearance of OPK with your music!

Well, enough sentimental stuff we still have a few nice things for you:
A few photographs from the BFCON.

We hope you will have a nice time playing our first official BF2 release! We are looking forward to see you on the OPK servers!

That's it for today! We will have a little break, just satisfying our basic requirements
Last edited by gribble on Sun May 07, 2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

GC will have DL space, in the near future for all the best MODS and maps. For now we will have to make do with the community sites.

This one should be fun, any up for a test on friday? I think I can get it loaded up on the US server.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Firday is flashback day.. maybe next friday?
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
gribble

Post by gribble »

I hear a lot of good feedback about this map. I also can put it on the euro server. I would be there for a fine testingsession this friday (or next).

maybe i will get it a testdrive tonight
gribble

Post by gribble »

Operation Peacekepper 0.1D GC Download mirror (470mb)

only for GC users, please don't spread the download link.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Server is up as well now:

213.202.211.239 port 16577

runs with no password.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Andi

Post by Andi »

thanks for the link gribble. just in time!

was fraking around about that 30 kb/s dl from the web :evil:
@6-Obschtz.Andi|GT
@7-Obgfr.Andi|TB (Einsatzschild Gold, Panzerorden Bronze, Scharfschützenabzeichen, Nahkampfspange Silber)
8D|2|Pfc.Andi
BF2 C3: S2*Man Andi84 (Image BlackOps Service Ribbon, Main Battle Service Ribbon, Trouble Pack Award, Quacksalver Recognition, Bench Monkey, Nutcracker Award)
C4*Pfc Andi84 (ImageShortest Campaign Ever, Squad Unit Citation, Support Medal)
C5: XE*PFC Andi84 (ImageSilver Star, Infantry Assault Medal, Squad Unit Citation, Bronze Star)
C6: SD*CPR Andi84 (ImageCampaign Winner Medal, Battle Service Ribbon, BlackOps Service Ribbon, 3 Lifesaver Medals, 4 Squad Unit Citations, Infantry Assault Medal, Chuck Norris Action Ribbon)
C7: B9*PVT Andi84 (ImageCombat Action Medal)
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Very nice mod, only a shame it's 3 maps (VERY good ones though!)
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
gribble

Post by gribble »

ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

I like it. It's still a little buggy, but It's only a first release.

The weapons seem beefed up, and less accurate unless zoomed, almost FH style.

I think the Heli controls are a little shaky compared to vanilla.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

just dled earlier and played for the first time...only played infiltration, which looks cool but has something to be desired...

anyways the 2 great things that I would like to point out are the speed of apc's and tanks more realistic and how 2 shots from the AT kit weapon kills an apc or tank, while it takes 3-4 in vanilla bf2, which I like
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
RogerRhino

Post by RogerRhino »

dl'd it a few days ago

pretty neat...
Fishyman8u

Post by Fishyman8u »

anyways the 2 great things that I would like to point out are the speed of apc's and tanks more realistic and how 2 shots from the AT kit weapon kills an apc or tank, while it takes 3-4 in vanilla bf2, which I like
Ask Phil about that... One time he hit me with all of his AT rockets and didn't kill me. The marder (an APC looking thing) is crazy deadly with an APC style gun plus .50 cal coax plus a full power TOW launcher . Also if you don't hit it right it can take 3-5 AT rockets to take it down. Not to mention being lightning fast and hard to hit while moving...
Andi

Post by Andi »

Ask Phil about that... One time he hit me with all of his AT rockets and didn't kill me. The marder (an APC looking thing) is crazy deadly with an APC style gun plus .50 cal coax plus a full power TOW launcher . Also if you don't hit it right it can take 3-5 AT rockets to take it down. Not to mention being lightning fast and hard to hit while moving...

german engineering in da house....... :lol:
@6-Obschtz.Andi|GT
@7-Obgfr.Andi|TB (Einsatzschild Gold, Panzerorden Bronze, Scharfschützenabzeichen, Nahkampfspange Silber)
8D|2|Pfc.Andi
BF2 C3: S2*Man Andi84 (Image BlackOps Service Ribbon, Main Battle Service Ribbon, Trouble Pack Award, Quacksalver Recognition, Bench Monkey, Nutcracker Award)
C4*Pfc Andi84 (ImageShortest Campaign Ever, Squad Unit Citation, Support Medal)
C5: XE*PFC Andi84 (ImageSilver Star, Infantry Assault Medal, Squad Unit Citation, Bronze Star)
C6: SD*CPR Andi84 (ImageCampaign Winner Medal, Battle Service Ribbon, BlackOps Service Ribbon, 3 Lifesaver Medals, 4 Squad Unit Citations, Infantry Assault Medal, Chuck Norris Action Ribbon)
C7: B9*PVT Andi84 (ImageCombat Action Medal)
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I like this mod, especiallly the heli-controls. It feels now more accurate than the noob-stearing from vanilla. And i think you cannot bail anymore... which gives oportunities for new tactics.

This mod is really good
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!