EA patch update

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

EA patch update

Post by Ash2Dust »

Sales must be really down, it seems EA/Dice are starting to listen to the players. A free map? Admitting to a CTD bug in 1.3? Helping modders? Doing an open beta test?

But EA/Dice are professionals at lip service, so we'll see if they deliver.

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ ... ate_061606
Community Update - 6/16/06

Greetings,

The launch of Battlefield 2: Armored Fury has started off with great success, the maps have been great and the new scout choppers are introducing a whole new style of game play. Not surprisingly, there has been a lot of support and approval from the American community. Playing in Alaska, fields and Operation Road Rage make these maps a great change up in play. If not already, I suggest joining in the fun; it?s available for download at http://downloader.ea.com/products/en_US/bf2armor.

We recognize that this has been a very trying time for everyone who enjoys Battlefield 2 and are putting forth every effort to improve upon the issues that are causing some players frustration. The DICE team has been reviewing player feedback gathered from forums, email, and the ranker server providers in an effort to provide the best possible step forward from 1.3. While this work has been highly focused on bug fixing the team has also managed to put some work towards new content.

Some groups have noticed the testing of a new map ?Road to Jalalabad? being run on our test servers. This map will be included in our next patch release and is not part of a new booster pack. Some of the items on the change list for this next step are:

Reversion: Allowing unlocks on unranked servers
Fix/Reversion: We fixed the issue preventing mod teams from running multiple game modes in one map list.
Tuning: We have lowered the number of players needed to start a ranked game.
Tuning: We have made some modifications to the vehicle drop feature introduced in 1.3. These changes should reduce the overall impact of "cartillery" on game play.
Crash Fix: We have located and fixed a crash connected to 1.3.
These are only a small portion of the fixes being worked on for our next step. We would also like to announce that we will be holding an Open Beta in early July for this next patch. We will have public servers hosted, Beta files available on mirror sites, and specific threads for feedback during this Beta period hosted on the EA forums.

As always keep your eyes on this space for all the latest Battlefield News.

-The DICE Battlefield Team
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Reversion: Allowing unlocks on unranked servers
Woot.

Post by Guest »

Interesting.

If we go with unlocks, which I believe we already voted on, my bunny hopping will only increase!!!!!!!

Die Leroy!

:twisted:
Dogma75

Post by Dogma75 »

Xrcist wrote:Interesting.

If we go with unlocks, which I believe we already voted on, my bunny hopping will only increase!!!!!!!

Die Leroy!

:twisted:
Imagine Genral X hopping around like a mix of Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner :wink: could be interesting...maybe we can even film it and send it to Warner Bros :lol:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
sig made by Rob / thx bro
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

FINALLY! UNLOCKS FOR GC AGAIN!

I say we start a semi-official GC beta program when they release the test client. get it uploaded to our servers, get volunteers to install a second BF2 copy for testing, and we group test it and report to EA.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

It's not all unlocks for everyone. EA/Dice disabled "use global rank/unlocks" for unranked servers with the patch. If they reverse that it will be back to everyone has his personal unlocks depending on how much he played etc.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!

Post by Guest »

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ic.

bummer.
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

ph1l0r wrote:It's not all unlocks for everyone. EA/Dice disabled "use global rank/unlocks" for unranked servers with the patch. If they reverse that it will be back to everyone has his personal unlocks depending on how much he played etc.
if thats the case then we should make everyone have a seperate GC account again. Otherwise the sadder (more time put into bf2) the better ur chances when 1 on 1.

the only things im glad to hear about is that they e beta testing it.
IM 1337! Y0UR A N()()B!!!!!

C6 =ImageC5 =Image C4 =Image C3 = Image
Redman

Post by Redman »

But I do remember that before the patch I could get on a server that allowed all unlocks and it made no difference if you had earned them or not.
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Dax_inside wrote:if thats the case then we should make everyone have a seperate GC account again. Otherwise the sadder (more time put into bf2) the better ur chances when 1 on 1.
Why making another account? Just desactivate the unlocks then :P lol... But if we are going to active them, it will have to be all for everyone.

Anyway, personnally I really dont mind staying with a M16 against a guy that use the F2000, the unlocks aren't so exceptionnal...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Either way, its a server setting, not mandatory. We can chose to use unlocks or not on the server.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

WoodenPlank wrote:Either way, its a server setting, not mandatory. We can chose to use unlocks or not on the server.
We already have.
TheHumanShield

Post by TheHumanShield »

Redman wrote:But I do remember that before the patch I could get on a server that allowed all unlocks and it made no difference if you had earned them or not.
I do too. But I might have been thinking of the modded/hacked demo servers.

Post by Guest »

Unlocks are for noobs.

:lol:
FiremanX

Post by FiremanX »

I hope that the unlocks are for eveeryone - or else it would be somewhat unfair on the people who don't play 24/7 and have not only the skills but then also the better weapons!
Some of us out here in the real world just can't spend that much time on the PC gaming. :-(

I think that within GC things should be kept standardised - and that would mean everyone having the same tools(weapons) to there disposal. But the matter has already been discussed - lets see what happens.

Fire