August 25th- 27th San Jose, California

48hr LAN party

$75,000 in prizes

Battlefield 2 5 vs. 5 Tournament

We have enough to get 5 people?

Also for those in the USA
https://www.zboard.com/promos/Showdown/
SHOWDOWN LANFEST 2K6 ANNOUNCEMENT

PC Gamer and Maximum PC are proud to present Showdown LANfest 2k6, a three-day gaming event to be held in San Jose, CA, August 25-27, 2006. Sponsored by Newegg.com, this massive 480-person LAN party will feature 48 straight hours of tournaments, contests, editor clinics, and exclusive access to highly anticipated PC games.

We've secured over $75,000 in prizes and giveaways for attendees, including a free copy of Battlefield 2: Armored Fury for all registered gamers. The event will also be the world exclusive multiplayer hands-on for Company of Heroes and the first public playtest of FEAR: Extraction Point. The LAN will take place in the spacious Parkside Hall of the San Jose Convention Center, and will feature 20,000sq ft of BYOC space and plenty of gaming kiosks and booths to demo new games.

Registration is open now for a special early-bird price of $30, which includes a three-day pass, admission to four gaming tournaments (UT 2K4, Battle for Middle Earth II, Counter-Strike Source, and Battlefield 2), and a packed goodie bag with games and swag.

The fun isn't limited to indoors! On Saturday, August 26, registered attendees will be treated with a large party in nearby Discovery Meadows Park (only a four-minute walk from the LAN). Chow on free pizza, snacks, and drinks with the editors of PC Gamer and Maximum PC. The Showdown party will also host a 100-vs.-100 dodgeball match and eating contests, with hardware prizes and other giveaways.

Highlights for Showdown LANfest 2k6
- 3 days of LAN gaming with 480 gamers (open round-the-clock)
- Over $75,000 in prizes and freebies (including $30,000 from featured sponsor Newegg.com)
- FREE download of Battlefield 2: Armored Fury
- Developer presentations of Supreme Commander, FEAR: Extraction Point, Company of Heroes, and Battlefield 2142, including Q&As and hands-on playtests
- Expert hardware and gaming clinics presented by Maximum PC and PC Gamer editors
- Admission to the pizza party and outdoor festivities

COST = $30.00!!

Tickets are sure to go fast with these new announcements, so register early to secure your spot in the BYOC. For more information, including prize/giveaway updates and LAN details, visit the official website
Last edited by Ash2Dust on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titi

Post by Titi »

Is that $30 per team of five or $30 per person?

How much does BF2:AF cost? $30?

Then I guess I am only out gas, parking, food, drugs (no-doze before any of you get the wrong idea) money.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

I think I will attend as well. That would be a nice motorcycle trip at that time of year. Maybe stop and see Cheesy along the way, eh?

I signed us as GC_Winter_Lion on the site and GC_Winter is my lan party handle. Let me know where everyone is gonna sit, will ya?

Winter :D
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

lol, a geek biker. He travels with a computer and monitor on a bike! Too funny.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Ash2Dust wrote:lol, a geek biker. He travels with a computer and monitor on a bike! Too funny.
Don't worry, Ash.
I can make time to stop and have a root beer with you too. As long as I don't have to drive all the way to LA or San Diego that is. It is already a full two days driving from here to San Jose. Im not as young as I used to be, bro.

Winter :P
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I signed up for seat 5C. I have a buddy that is hoping to get 5D as long as wife and kids allow it.

As for talking, most of it is headset. Its so noisy with 500 gamers that you can barely talk with the guy next to you.

This link is the root link for info.
http://www.pdxlan.net/showdown/news.php

Portland to San Jose is only 12 hours without speeding.
Charger

Post by Charger »

Ash2Dust wrote:lol, a geek biker. He travels with a computer and monitor on a bike! Too funny.
Yeah, and he's covered with Microsoft/AMD tattoos! :P
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Ash wrote:Portland to San Jose is only 12 hours without speeding.
You must be jesting, mate! I drive to Sacramento twice a year to visit my son or did until he went off to college. I have never come close to getting there in 12 hours, speeding or otherwise.

It would be sweet if that was possible though. I hate the superslab and the lack of changing scenery is mind numbing. Highway One would be the ticket but that would take way too much transit time, Im afraid.

I am considering taking the sleeper train that Amtrak runs down the coast everyday. With the price of gas and motels as well as wear and tear on the vehicle and me, a train ticket would be cheap at twice the price.

I got a little time to figure it out...........Either way, I need a road trip
bad!!!

Winter Lion 8)

Edit: I got curious and went to mapquest site to look at a map. You are right Ash, they show driving time at very close to what you said. I must either have to pee a lot along the way or I have been driving with the parking brake on with no air in the rear tires.
Hmmmmm..............I drive by myself everytime, maybe I need a navigator with a watch?

:idea: Although come to think of it, if you add meals and gas and snack stops and the time they use up, it is still over 15 hours. That is two days driving for most of us. Maybe we are both right. HaHa...........lol.

Total Est. Time: 12 hours, 51 minutes Total Est. Distance: 821.79 miles
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

People who prepay, list me as a referrer so I can try to win additional stuff. Thx.

Also, they've added a free copy of PREY besides the AF booster pack.
Infini7e.Zero

Post by Infini7e.Zero »

how about from las vegas to san jose? how long will that take? =P

i'd be kinda cool if i could go. i'd be my first real huge lan event.
"Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I would guess about 10 hours. For that much gas, it might be cheaper to fly into San Jose airport.
Titi

Post by Titi »

Hitman says, "Bump?!?" :P
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I guess I have become the substitute for Simon.....Hitman says do 50 push ups..............
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

They sold out.

$100,000 in prizes with free copies of BF1:AF, Fear and the Fear expansion included.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

@ Winter
plz change your sig.......my parents are gonna wonder what kind of forums I go to.......... :(
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General