[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by CekiHappy »

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM RSI: Due to recent and unforseen issues with the DFM, we have decided to abandon the Star Citizen project. We would like to thank every one of our backers for their continued support in the past, and hope that it will continue in the future. There are still many great other project from us to look forward to, this hasn't been the last you've seen.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

And yet another potentially amazing game lost to the world. :(
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

CekiHappy wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT FROM RSI: Due to recent and unforseen issues with the DFM, we have decided to abandon the Star Citizen project. We would like to thank every one of our backers for their continued support in the past, and hope that it will continue in the future. There are still many great other project from us to look forward to, this hasn't been the last you've seen.
Where on earth did you see that because I can't find that at all on their website a link would be nice
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

ceki.... :roll:

short comment about the buggy reveal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWHEmAZ_Xk

DFM reveal (havent watched, link from reddit)
http://www.twitch.tv/roberts_space_ind_ ... 2?t=52m41s
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Robawillis wrote:Where on earth did you see that because I can't find that at all on their website a link would be nice

:D
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

CekiHappy wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT FROM RSI: Due to recent and unforseen issues with the DFM, we have decided to abandon the Star Citizen project. We would like to thank every one of our backers for their continued support in the past, and hope that it will continue in the future. There are still many great other project from us to look forward to, this hasn't been the last you've seen.
bad troll is bad, anyone who actually followed the game would know that the name of the developing company is not RSI. which does in the end make rob's comment even funnier.

I haven't watched it yet, but considering this is pre alpha crashes are expected. we won't get to play it until the end of the month anyways, so we'll see how it actually is in a couple weeks.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

If you want some gameplay highlights, these are a good place to start, the crashes etc has been edited out and it's just clean gameplay. I must say I'm really impressed, sure there are some bugs but on the whole it looks like it's living up to expectations, even the space dust looks fantastic!

Singleplayer
Multiplayer
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Haha at least someone was at least partially fooled. Makes it totally worth it. It was actually a comment made by someone in the twitch comments that ceki decided to repeat for the lulz.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

I do love me some copy-pastarino, and it was totally worth it if even one person was fooled :thumbup:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

TFTC and stuff:

hey apparently WMH lied, there is a TFTC!

-started off with an in-lore letter from Operation Pitchfork, along with a gift delivery. was pretty interesting
-idris may not be able to fit in the hangar, and larger ships definitely won't fit in the hangar, but it's still in planning
-first steps for procedural generation is asteroid fields, then systems, then exterior of planets, then planetary environments
-NPC populations will fluctuate, but probably no species extinction or even a large impact on galactic notice
-explanation of person of interest system. kinda high level at the moment, not gonna go in depth on this one. if you're interested bounty hunting or whatever watch the section. will work for friends or targets or whoever
-orgs can hire NPCs to do work, but they won't officially join the org
-characters will have localized damage (broken legs and such) in the damage model, along with medical equipment and bays and facilities for healing purposes without taking a "life" per death of a spaceman. gonna be full featured mechanic, so if you want to fly around as an ambulance you will be able to according to this
-a family tree feature for player histories will be included for when your players finally die, especially if you do things that get into the game's galactipedia. will be both at a metagame level and a personal log level.
-large scale dynamic events for military conflict between factions, aid for natural disasters in systems, etc. all part of the plan
-reiteration that jump points will have some size limits as to which ships can use them

TFTC needs more helmet flip :P
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

what would we do without you Matsif! i have been running out of time to keep up with the videos
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new WMH:

-another short-ish episode. there will be PAX East special later this week.
-dat helmet flip doe
-NPCs will get better over time, but different characters won't be able to do the same thing, and what they are good at may not be apparent
-there will be corrupt NPCs in the universe, but it's probably not going to be possible for you to infiltrate, say, the police and make a gang of crooked cops
-full HUD mods will not made available to the PU most likely, however customization of the HUD will be present
-missile evasion will be a thing, as missiles have a finite flight span. so technically if you can evade the missile long enough you can get it to die off without using countermeasures or a blocker like an asteroid or something
-there will be different flight suits to lessen G-force effects
-expect random derelict ships to be rare due to the complexity of ships
-the PAX East special later this week will have a deeper insight into the DFM.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

in related news, all alpha slots for star citizen have been filled.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new TFTC

-high level overview of how the navigation system will work
-how strafing and some of the movement stuff will work with 6DoF
-300 series might get a detachable cargo thing similar to the aurora/mustang
-update on the M50's progress
-SQ42's first mission or 2 will probably have a tutorialish "feel" to them, but the main tutorial will be DFM
-discussion on how some of the game's money sinks will work to handle some of the inflation
-no plan to add the TNGS weapons from earlier on at the moment, but is being taken under consideration
-you'll be able to assign class 4 turrets to different firing areas (so throw a class 4 control to a class 5 gunner spot), and on some ships (pending design) you'll be able to place class 4 turrets into class 5 hardpoints
-capital ships will have similar fidelity to destruction as the smaller ships, but they are doing some research in how to do that without causing too much lag or taking too long to develop
-orgs will be able to collect taxes and pay out as well for group money management

also, more stuff on DFM from PAX East and what's planned. I haven't watched it yet due to a busy weekend, but apparently has a much more in depth look.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new WMH, lots of good info today:

-went directly into forum feedback with Chris and Erin Roberts instead of Rob Irving. pretty long forum feedback section, took up most of the episode, basically like a 30 minute TFTC.
-SQ42 has 1000 pages in the script right now, probably going to be pruned down to around 400 pages, which was the size of wing commander 4
-outlaws probably won't be able to get cargo or module insurance, but ship insurance will be available for all (mainly because of LTI)
-there will be a similar attachment system for your suit and weapons that ships have for silencers and optics and such
-Erin provided an update on the mining base in SQ42 from a bit ago. apparently it makes an idris look small
-some explanation on patching private servers when new content gets released to the PU
-no plans for planetary tanks and such for planetary combat at release, but the systems are in place to expand to it in the future
-explanation on how time will probably work in the game (not fully settled yet). time scale being discussed is around 2 hours = 1 day.
-fuel is for afterburners and thrusters, not main engines as the power plant is going to be more like a fusion reactor. you'll probably be able to scoop fuel with the ship scoops at all times to make sure you don't ever really "run out," but it won't be enough to really help if you do get low. there will be external fuel tanks and multiple flavors of fuel.
-some explanation on the levels and game modes being made for the DFM. CTF is being made! Also there will be only AI fights in a "survival" type mode, and a free fly mode.
-DFM will have a staggered release to test the servers. will be announced when it's set