[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by matsif »

Bock wrote:
matsif wrote:snip
Thanks, Matsif. That's all kind of what I had figured. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
nope, that's pretty much what is known right now. There's a lot of mechanics and such that haven't been disclosed to the players/backers yet, so if you're planning on making a purchase, just go check a lot of screenshots/videos, find a ship that you think looks cool, find a game package that gives you alpha/beta access and fits your budget, and go look at pretty spaceships in a hangar.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I went and got a 300i because it's sexy.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Bock wrote:I went and got a 300i because it's sexy.
:thumbup:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Bock wrote:I went and got a 300i because it's sexy.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

if anyone is looking for some new wallpapers, someone took a bunch of concept art and got them into high res 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratio images for wallpapers.

Concept art in 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I got drunk and made something in GIMP with my limited knowledge of graphical design

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

I normally dont want to encourage drinking, but damn this looks good, matsif. :thumbup: :clap:
Now get drunk again and do some more :D
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Very nice matsif :)
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I thought I would post this up for anyone who hasn't seen the 315p (with the wrong paint scheme), the hornet, the business hangar, or doesn't know how the gun mount works. This game just looks fantastic. The ship models and the lighting aren't 'done' yet, and you're watching a youtube upload of a game played on medium graphics and it just looks freaking good. Can't wait to actually fly around and pew pew.

phpBB [video]
Róka

Post by Róka »

What I'm investing in minus the gift card:
23.png
EDIT: Anyone know if any of these ships above are soon-to-be-retired? Or like unavailable after some time?
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Róka wrote: EDIT: Anyone know if any of these ships above are soon-to-be-retired? Or like unavailable after some time?
soon to be retired and the like no idea, although of that group the hornet variants are most likely. That said, the avenger is getting a change from what the ship spec page says, the size 5 class 1 gun on the nose is getting changed to a class 2 (to match the ball that it is mounted on in the model) size 3 or 4.

edit: just out of pure interest, why did you get 2 hornets over say a cutlass or a freelancer? Also, do you have a game package already? If not just buying ships isn't going to give you alpha/beta access.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

matsif wrote:
Róka wrote: EDIT: Anyone know if any of these ships above are soon-to-be-retired? Or like unavailable after some time?
soon to be retired and the like no idea, although of that group the hornet variants are most likely. That said, the avenger is getting a change from what the ship spec page says, the size 5 class 1 gun on the nose is getting changed to a class 2 (to match the ball that it is mounted on in the model) size 3 or 4.

edit: just out of pure interest, why did you get 2 hornets over say a cutlass or a freelancer? Also, do you have a game package already? If not just buying ships isn't going to give you alpha/beta access.

Actually, it looks like all of those are game packages, so you're fine in terms of getting alpha/beta access. What you should do, Roka, is buy the game package you want that has the best extras and then buy the other ships individually.

edit: unless you really want to donate more and receive some extra in-game currency and a few months of insurance at launch.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Bock wrote: Actually, it looks like all of those are game packages, so you're fine in terms of getting alpha/beta access. What you should do, Roka, is buy the game package you want that has the best extras and then buy the other ships individually.
indeed, this is the case, I should have checked the store :P. Keep one of the hornets as the game package, and melt the other ones and just buy the ships separately, you'll save a few bucks.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Will do :thumbup: And I'm just planning - haven't bought anything yet (hoping to buy a game package before the end of January though).
Reason behind two hornets is simply because one's a tracker and other's a ghost... Is it possible to customize one or why would it be a disadvantage to buy both (besides more $$)?
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Róka wrote:Will do :thumbup: And I'm just planning - haven't bought anything yet (hoping to buy a game package before the end of January though).
Reason behind two hornets is simply because one's a tracker and other's a ghost... Is it possible to customize one or why would it be a disadvantage to buy both (besides more $$)?
well it's the same ship, just different upgrades and stuff on the hardpoints. You could take a stock hornet and after some game time to acquire the items needed to make the ghost hornet, make it yourself and have exactly the same ship. All buying the specialty ones early does is give you the specific ship out of the gate (and what gets returned to you via insurance). And I would assume your hangar would have some storage space to keep said items, so if you wanted to swap things out to fly a tracker variant over a ghost variant, all you would have to do is swap some parts around.

I'm not gonna tell you not to do it, as the hornet is the first ship we're gonna get to fly in the dog fighting pre-alpha test module, and it will be very familiar to everyone, but imo you're better off spending that money (if you were going to get all of that) from one of the hornets on a freelancer or cutlass, if only for more availability of things you can branch out into once we get more of the game to play with. As they release more of the DFM, you'll be able to fly more ships and get more of a feel for the game over a vast group instead of having 2 of the same thing.

tl;dr: if you want 2 hornets, go for it! just know that you could in reality "create" both variants off of 1 chassis by changing upgrades.