[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by matsif »

new TFTC:

-if you EVA from your dead ship, you can look around in 0G and then hit a button and go back to the last friendly location you were at. friends will be able to rescue you as well.
-if you pick up a "mission" and someone else completes the same mission first, then the mission becomes non-completable for you. example is you pick up a bounty to kill a certain pirate, but then someone else kills him first and collects the bounty before you do. that pirate no longer exists in the universe after that, so you can't complete the mission.
-if you repair your ship, it will even out scratches and whatnot so everything looks even on the ship
-asteroid fields will be localized pockets of debris and full rings around stars
-there will be chat windows and voice chat for planetary social interactions
-DFM will have matchmaking/lobby system and a "code" system to do private matches
-DFM slow roll out 2nd week of May, full roll out 3rd week of May
-if you get killed in a boarding action, your friends can "rescue" the body and save you a life in the death of a spaceman system. you'll also have to ditch a body on a ship if someone dies.
-there is no planned artificial limitation to say a small ship can't damage a capital ship (so a hornet can kill an idris)

note the bold part!
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new WMH:

-main spot on the community team. talked about the backgrounds and such of the community managers and such (Ben and Sandi and so on)
-started off on the building of the new WMH set in austin in a time lapse footage, then right into the above information
-some info on acquiring a bengal carrier, if you find a "fixer-upper"
-info on what happens if you get kidnapped/captured for bounty/etc
-there will be a 4th landing city on Earth, but it is still being discussed
-bit of info on how to upgrade a factory if you own one
-if you kill someone or do an illegal action, and no one sees you and it's not in a system where there are a lot of tracking satellites or whatnot, then it is possible to completely get away with an illegal action, even against a respawning player. They will need proof (like their old ship's transponder or the like) to give to the authorities.
-you'll probably have your forum handle for your DFM name, but the main game will have new names in character creation
-empty player/npc ships will despawn after a time, but they will stay to pick up for a bit if left idle
-more community stuff as an extension of the top point. they love the SC community <3.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new TFTC:

-you'll have the option to trade in used ships, and there will be "2nd hand" ships that you can buy (like a used car).
-once you hit a speed, you can turn off your engines/thrusters and not change direction and just cruise.
-you'll be able to name your ships. it will show up in targeting info and as a hull decal. won't be in DFMv1
-there will be ground and space mixed missions in SQ42 and in the PU
-limb damage is part of the FPS system, along with levels of aging and such. CR likes the idea of possibly making showers and such matter for your character so you don't look like a slob if you take a shower and such.
-players won't be able to use a system to change missile/torpedo payloads, that's up to the ordinance you buy.
-some discussion of the "netcode" and hacking stuff.*
-CIG has no real interest in making physical models of ships due to the time/effort/cost :cry:
-Command and Control stuff discussion, bit in depth, it's the last question if you're interested.

*I wish they never would have discussed this. I haven't looked at the General forum on the SC forums, but I'm assuming that the complaint threads will be up soon and run the forum for a while.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Thanks for the summary, some pretty neat stuff there!
matsif wrote:new TFTC:
*I wish they never would have discussed this. I haven't looked at the General forum on the SC forums, but I'm assuming that the complaint threads will be up soon and run the forum for a while.
I think you mean the [CONCERN] and 'Open letter to CIG' threads that make me wish I had a 'downvote' button or a spade to hit myself in the face with :x
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Galactic Guide: Pyro

Another awesome sounding place! God, between here and Spider I don't think I'll need anywhere else :twisted:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new WMH:

-description of some of the subscriber benefits
-all ships in hangars are safe from everyone
-seeing who is piloting a ship in your view will depend on your scanners
-you may be able to buy at least parts for Vanduul stuff from the Banu
-there will be snap cover, also some more discussion on positions for FPS stuff
-the linky parts of the caterpillar are modular and you'll be able to move them around and add/subtract modules
-some discussion of parts of the economic system and how they are simulating it during development

lots of redundancy in the forum feedback this week, so a short summary today. If you're interested in how they are developing the economy, it's a good section after forum feedback.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I was really hoping that you could have at least 2 "Main" organizations.
I'd like to make my own organization with another group of friends besides GC. Ack.

Also, rumor has it that DNF is releasing sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

New hangar patch out as well

patch notes
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

phpBB [video]

The TNGS starships are really starting to shape up! I hope more than just the winner gets put into the game.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
condorfinley

Post by condorfinley »

The four horseman's interior was mind blowing. I hope they can get back into the competition.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

hey look, a DFM progress report from what happened last week

now for the fun part:
We’ll have more exact dates to share by the end of next week, which we’ll update you with in next week’s report, but the goal is to start rolling out the DFM towards the end of this month – this will be staged as scaling to 250,000+ players is much more like launching a finished game as opposed to an early pre-alpha for gameplay feedback – our plan is to have Vanduul Swarm (single player against AI) available to everyone from the start, and then give people access to the multiplayer servers in increasing numbers as long as the system holds up. (To answer your next question, the rollout will be based on Citizen number; the earlier you backed, the earlier you will gain access to multiplayer dogfighting.)
bolded the important parts. so, around the end of the month we all will get to fly for the first time against AI! and the earlier you backed, the earlier you get in for the multiplayer part.

so, go to your citizen dossier page on your profile and see your citizen number. to see this, go to the following page, replacing the bracketed part with your profile name: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/[YOUR NAME HERE]

I got citizen number 70770, so I doubt I'll be in the first wave of people for the multiplayer version. But I know some of you in here will be, especially if you have the golden ticket which more or less signifies you are in the first 35000ish people to back the game.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I'm #45100.

Also, what is the golden ticket? First time hearing that before.
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

haruky wrote: Also, what is the golden ticket? First time hearing that before.
from the FAQ on the star citizen wiki (last question in the accounts section of the FAQ):
What is a Golden Ticket?
Users who registered for the site before the game was announced on October 10, 2012 have a Golden Ticket on their account which indicates they were the very earliest members of the community. The Golden Ticket was an invite to the launch event on October 10th. It also entitles the holder to a special decal on their ship if they subsequently backed Star Citizen by pledging for one of the spaceship tiers as well an un-announced small in-game item. A Golden Ticket holder has no additional privileges or game status outside of being able to say there were some of the earliest members of the community.
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

haruky wrote:I'm #45100.

Also, what is the golden ticket? First time hearing that before.

im #44680, Huzzah!

Did they say weather the DFM is going to be a separate download or will it come as an add-on for the hangar module?