[Arma 2:] DayZ mod

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

fullmetaljacket9

Re: Arma 2: DayZ mod

Post by fullmetaljacket9 »

1. Hitman
2. Marvk
3. LoA
4. Fullmetajacket9

Looking forward to playing with you guys ;)
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

fullmetaljacket9 wrote:1. Hitman
2. Marvk
3. LoA
4. Fullmetajacket9
5. cairdazar

Looking forward to playing with you guys ;)
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

LoA wrote: I was playing yesterday with Cairdazar and marv,

They killed me, all my loot was gone, and i were just staring at my screen for like 10 seconds.
To continue the story me and marv killed some of the zombies.
But our meager supply of ammo soon ran out, we sought shelter on the antenna/tower. Only to find a zombie waiting on us on the top. We tried our best to keep away from the zombie and think of a plan to get out of the mess, we was in.

During all this a zombie managed to clime up the ladder and we decided to make a run for it.
We headed north in a desperate hope to reach the main airport and praying that there was friendly players there that could help us.

But alas it was not to be. Exhausted, hungry and dehydrated we tried to split up and find some ammo. It did not work we both meet a pain full death by the hands (and teeth) of the zombies.

Next time we will do better ;)
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

oh man, that today was epic, you guys gotta tell me what happened when I left! :)

Also, I will be playing this on wednesday all day prolly. :twisted:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Hitman47 wrote:oh man, that today was epic, you guys gotta tell me what happened when I left! :)

Also, I will be playing this on wednesday all day prolly. :twisted:
Wow, that'd be a loooooooooooooong story. We did manage to stay alive, me and cairdazar are located up north right now in "BEREZINO", we managed to find some decent loot on the way there. Also, we've downloaded the Arma 2 beta update, aswell as 1.7. No more FPS lag, it's smooth as hell now.

I'll be there playing with you, got nothing at school now and school's out on Friday, awesome :D
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Hitman, the character server got reset and my old character are still alive, so my death weren't saved! HALLELUJAAAH
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

LoA, are you recording any of this? If you are I'd love to see some highlights!
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

XrunawayX wrote:LoA, are you recording any of this? If you are I'd love to see some highlights!
I haven't actually thought about that. I had some real issues with the framerate but we've downloaded the Arma 2 beta and it's running much smoother now, so i'll be starting to record from now on.

I also found this hilarious video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4l5lZ5Fbj8

They found a fully functional car (VERY rare), with alot of gas and with loot inside it. You guys gotta watch the whole video but the best part is in the ending... :lol:
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

I bought Arma 2 just to play this, and to frak around with other stuff. God though does the Arma 3 stuff look nice. I wish I was more interested in Arma-style gameplay.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

TCZapper wrote:I bought Arma 2 just to play this, and to feck around with other stuff. God though does the Arma 3 stuff look nice. I wish I was more interested in Arma-style gameplay.
You should come and play with us some time! :) Also, have you installed the Arma 2: OA beta? It fixes the FPS lag and makes the game overall smoother.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Installation tutorial, ask questions on teamspeak if you don't understand.

1. Start the game (combined operations) before you install anything

2. Download this installer: http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2001 , update to the newest flash version BEFORE you download the installer (link in the thread on my link), set the correct target directory in the installer, it's in "steam/steamapps/common/arma2: OA", something like that.

3. When the installer says it's done, download and install the newest Arma II: OA Beta http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (the one on top of the page to the left in green)

4. Follow the instructions in this steam thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2728714 (copy the .exe found in expansions/beta in your Arma folder, then go back to the Arma folder where you find your original .exe, paste the .exe there and overwrite the .exe that already is in your arma folder

5. Copy this: -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@dayz -cpucount=X -maxmem=X -world=empty and paste it into your "Set launch options" in steam. The X's is variables that stands for -cpucount=the amount of cores you got in your CPU and -maxmem= The amount of RAM you got in mb. the -maxmem=x is not that important, but if you know what you're doing it doesn't hurt to add it. Just make sure you put in the correct numbers.

6. start operation arrowhead IN STEAM, mark "Combined operations" and press start, when it has started, check the top right corner for "Expansion beta" and "@dayz", if you see it, it means that your installation is successful.

---------------------------------------------------

There are in-game maps you can find, but i just found this great map: http://www.demonoid.ph/files/details/2944618/2202992/ (torrent file)

Google map to see how it looks: http://hgn.me/dayzmap/

It's a .PNG, so you don't have to have your web browser up and flash running in the background stealing CPU power and memory, it also doesn't need to load in everything when you're zooming in.
I will upload a video during the night from when me and hitman played, will link it here tomorrow.
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

I can't even get the Beta patch to run : ( It says I don't have Arma 2 installed or the install is corrupt.
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

I found this vid:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRK1t6tXpbw[/youtube]

The guy says you only need to buy Arma 2 Operation Arrowdhead (15Euros on steam) and you can use Arma 2 free to play instead of Arma 2.
And he explains how to install the Dayz mod.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

fawadforlan wrote:I found this vid:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRK1t6tXpbw[/youtube]

The guy says you only need to buy Arma 2 Operation Arrowdhead (15Euros on steam) and you can use Arma 2 free to play instead of Arma 2.
And he explains how to install the Dayz mod.
Weird. I'd say buy Combined operations, it's the only way it works.