[Arma 2:] DayZ mod

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

fittyman

[Arma 2:] DayZ mod

Post by fittyman »

Anyone else have this? I have been playing it these last two days and.... it's amazing. Buggy as all hell (It's in Alpha right now) but very fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Q8c8jnL3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F24zzguI88

Couple of videos. There really is no point, you just survive for as long as possible. Your guy gets saved to the DayZ database so when you log off and come join another server, you start off with the same equipment you had in the same place. There is no map or compass, you have to find those on the island that is massively huge, there are weapons you can scavenge but you start off with only a pistol and a few mags. There are vehicles but you need to actually repair them and get fuel, very hard. Arma 2 is redonk realistic to begin with, this mod just brings Zombies into the equation. Which are Olympic sprinters. Also, other Humans can just decide to kill you and take your equipment. They're called 'Bandits' in game, I prefer 'asshole' more.

You need to eat and drink throughout the day, otherwise you start to pass out in game. Which really sucks when you're running from danger. If you lose too much blood you need to find someone to help you do a blood transfusion, which sucks harder because then you need to find a hospital for the blood, which is usually in a town..... that has about 1000 Zombies in it. The servers are all based in real time from the location of the server. Basically, in game there is true 24 hour cycles. Sun rise, sunset, dawn, dusk, Rain, etc. Playing at night when it is raining is the shittiest thing to do in game. You can't hear anything, you can't see anything (Night time is literally pitch black with only the moon as a source of light... that gets blocked by the clouds quite a bit) and no one ever wants to risk lighting a flare. Every human within 100 meters will see it and go to it to check it out, plus zombies. It seriously is a good game. If you already have Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, get the mod and try it out. If you don't have Arma 2 + Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, look through some videos and see if you might like it. It is quite amazing.

http://www.dayzmod.com/ < Main site, top left "Download DayZ Alpha"
fawadforlan

Re: Arma 2: DayZ mod

Post by fawadforlan »

wow the maps are so dmn big, I like this game.

But the zombies are weird.. if they change the zombies (to real looking zombies who don't run 60km/h) and if they fix the bugs, I might buy arma 2 to download this mod.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

Man, Arma 2 is awesome. If it goes on sale I'm totally going to get it.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

FlashofSilver wrote:Man, Arma 2 is awesome. If it goes on sale I'm totally going to get it.
http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-40365ne ... 1000800391

It is on sale right now on Amazon.
Amazon is doing a HUGE sale on video games this week.
Should someone edit the title to reflect the sale on Amazon to get more people interested?

Also, is DayZ playable with other players? Maybe we can do some huge GC event over the summer?
Image[/url]
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

haruky8 wrote:
FlashofSilver wrote:Man, Arma 2 is awesome. If it goes on sale I'm totally going to get it.
http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-40365ne ... 1000800391

It is on sale right now on Amazon.
Amazon is doing a HUGE sale on video games this week.
Should someone edit the title to reflect the sale on Amazon to get more people interested?

Also, is DayZ playable with other players? Maybe we can do some huge GC event over the summer?
It is possible to play with other people, most servers are 50 spots to 60 spots big. The trouble is finding someone else. The Island is huge, and you could go a fairly long time without seeing anyone. Even if you did find someone, I'd put the odds at 50/50 of that person being a "Bandit" (A.K.A: Asshole) and he kills you for your stuff.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

rather play on Life servers, much better than zombies, you can be a cop or civi and if you're a civi you can make money and go terrorist after a while and cause havoc in the city. You don't need to download anything and the role playing is awesome.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

I just saw that there is a free version of arma 2, I'll try that one. If I like the game i'll buy ArmA 2: Combined Operations.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

Do you need the expansion to play DayZ?

If a sufficient number of people are interested, we should totally get a party together and rock out in TS.

EDIT: The Amazon sale is not available to EU users (at least, the UK site doesn't have any offer on Arma 2 that I can see).
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

Yes. You need Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Some people have said that Arma 2 Free can work in place of Arma 2, but no guarantees. I'd buy the Combined Operations just to be safe.
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

http://mp1st.com/2012/05/18/arma-2-sees ... -dayz-mod/

DayZ mod drives sales of Arma 2. About 500%.....
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

well if there is anybody playing with me that would be great, because I keep dying to stupidity/game problems. Like zombies magically teleport through walls, closing a door chop my leg off, falling 1 feet break my legs, hopping over a fence suddenly teleport ME through a wall... >_< Can I just die normally? Just once...please..
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

I've been playing since last night, it's amazing.
TychoBrahe

Post by TychoBrahe »

As soon as Steam puts CO on sale I'm jumping all over it.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

CptRetro

Post by CptRetro »

This is what I have been doing lately. Add me on Steam: cptretro If you want to run together across the zombie-infested land of Chenarus.
Image - Strategist Ribbon
Image - Sneaky Bastard Ribbon
Image - Day before April Fools Ribbon