[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Chefcook wrote: Ranking idea:
Newcomers
Members
Group leader
Decision Maker
and Chief of it all

we just need fancy names for it.

GC Fleet is still the best name for the whole thing....
I say we just go with this initially. Then worry about making alliances and specific sub-oranizations for roles later once we all get a feel for what we really want to do after having actually played.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Chefcook wrote: Ranking idea:
Newcomers
Members
Group leader
Decision Maker
and Chief of it all Chefcook
I guess you mistyped. Fix it for ya :wink:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
FlaminWalrus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by FlaminWalrus »

So what if we have the structure like GC. We would have certain senators and then rest of peasants members.
Then senate chooses who is in charge of what, like Grand Admiral of Piracy or Senior Pancake Smuggling Operator, and after certain time they would change, giving other peeps chance to lead and be in charge. Just an idea...
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

something that I haven't taken into account (and I don't think any of us has) is that there is an organization reputation level that will have effects on NPCs (confirmed in multiple threads on RSI forums). I'd hate to ruin somebody's time in game because GC Fleet got a negative reputation from me raiding a convoy.

So, either we're going to have to be very sparse with illegal activities, or we're going to have to divide up. For now we can just keep 1 org to keep us all organized, but it's something we're going to have to keep in mind for the game when it comes out.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

matsif wrote:something that I haven't taken into account (and I don't think any of us has) is that there is an organization reputation level that will have effects on NPCs (confirmed in multiple threads on RSI forums). I'd hate to ruin somebody's time in game because GC Fleet got a negative reputation from me raiding a convoy.

So, either we're going to have to be very sparse with illegal activities, or we're going to have to divide up. For now we can just keep 1 org to keep us all organized, but it's something we're going to have to keep in mind for the game when it comes out.
I suggest that we all have a lovely talk some time over teamspeak I do enjoy these lengthy long posts but really we should wait to see what the alpha and Berta contains first
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

^ This. I'm super excited.
the end is really fµcking nigh
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Robawillis wrote:
matsif wrote:something that I haven't taken into account (and I don't think any of us has) is that there is an organization reputation level that will have effects on NPCs (confirmed in multiple threads on RSI forums). I'd hate to ruin somebody's time in game because GC Fleet got a negative reputation from me raiding a convoy.

I suggest that we all have a lovely talk some time over teamspeak I do enjoy these lengthy long posts but really we should wait to see what the alpha and Berta contains first
As much as a TS conversation would be nice, forum posts would work better cus we are all so spread out. But to be fair... we won't be needing this discussion in a LONGGG time.
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Data on multiple organizations

quote for those too lazy to click:
Multiple Organizations

There has also been a great deal of feedback about Friday’s All About Organizations post. We would like to clear up one point of confusion: while you will only be able to join a single Organization with the first iteration of the system coming in January, this limit will be eliminated in future versions. Being a member of multiple organization is absolutely necessary for the finished game, and has been in the specifications from day one: players need to be able to join multiple NPC organizations (like the Mercenary’s Guild or Merchant’s Guild) in addition to player created groups.

There will be a reputation system that tracks how organizations stack up against one another and individual orgs can specify their exclusivity level: the Mavericks might require that you join only allied groups, or they might prevent their members from signing on with anyone else at all. All of this is coming in future versions of the Org system; we aim to get you started with a single group now and then expand as the played-created portion of universe comes together!
so basically let's start GC Fleet, and anyone who wants to join a different one feel free to do so, as this confirms the limit will be eliminated and we can fold you in later. Also lets get the org name nailed down before the release in January.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

hangar patch 9 went live yetserday, those of you with a connie got some nice upgrades to the insides of the ship from what I'm hearing. also those of us with a cutlass lost our prized trophies (I called mine camelot because it was only a model :P )

PATCH NOTES:
Spoiler: show
NEW FEATURES
New feature: Client side persistence
New feature: Trophy Case
New feature: New fishtank decorations
Helmet
Coral
Space crab grotto
New feature: Golden Ticket plaque

BUG FIXES
BUG FIX: Fixed a crash that could happen when using the outfit changer
BUG FIX: Various camera and collision fixes for both third and first person views
BUG FIX: Third person camera jitter reduced
BUG FIX: Added support for 2560×1440
BUG FIX: Holotable: tab key now toggles
BUG FIX: Deluxe Hangar floor fixes
BUG FIX: Fixed mis-labeled weapons
BUG FIX: Fixed a rare particle crash
BUG FIX: Fixes and updates to Hangar lighting, 300i and Hornet lighting will show up again now
BUG FIX: Fixed flipped decals inside the 300i
BUG FIX: Fixed flipped decals on a 325a engine
BUG FIX: Fixed flipped decals on the 350r engine
BUG FIX: Hornet F7c has the proper loadout now
BUG FIX: Fixed some items not showing up in the Hangar
BUG FIX: Fixed a rare crash due to left over debug code
BUG FIX: Fixed particle effects in the fish tank
BUG FIX: Fixed some character IK issues with the F7c
BUG FIX: Fixed various character collision issues
BUG FIX: Various other small fixes to the Hangars and ships

KNOWN ISSUES
KNOWN ISSUE: 325a cockpit seat and controls do not animate
KNOWN ISSUE: Crash can occur while using the holotable and aggressively mousing over ships
KNOWN ISSUE: Pilot left hand not attached to Hornet and variant throttle
KNOWN ISSUE: Hands not attached to Constellation turret joysticks
KNOWN ISSUE: Super Hornet first person free look is sluggish
KNOWN ISSUE: Aurora joystick and pedals move simultaneously
KNOWN ISSUE: Lights seen through glass do not distort properly
KNOWN ISSUE: Buggy first person camera is stationary
KNOWN ISSUE: Camera can snap to an opposite direction following an animation
KNOWN ISSUE: Unable to look left when sitting on the Constellation toilet
KNOWN ISSUE: Privateer outfit hands remain after switching back to default outfit
KNOWN ISSUE: Some ship items are able to be attached to an unrelated ship
KNOWN ISSUE: Freelancer controls remain extended after standing from pilot seat
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

want to see any ship in your hangar? Click here!

Someone found out that you can change the xml scripts that control the hangar to put a ship in that you don't own. So, you want to see a constellation but only have an aurora? follow the guide, you can see a constellation! Supposedly you can also see variants to the ships by adding the correct prefix/suffix, but I don't know what those are off the top of my head and the thread doesn't list them out. I'm playing around with the aurora to see if I can figure it out, will try hornet and 300 series afterwords.

you can also change your hangar type (basic/business/deluxe) with this as well, the link says how to do it.

There are some issues you'll be looking at:
1) if you don't back up the original files, you'll have to reinstall the whole hangar module to get back to normal (unless you remember exactly what you changed)
2) putting a constellation in the standard hangar doesn't exactly work, it will clip the walls. If you only have the standard hangar I highly recommend you set your hangar to business and look at something like a connie in there as it's just big enough to fit the connie without a lot of clipping
3) trying to change the RSI_Bengal_Carrier.xml or DefaultVehicle.xml will lock up the hangar module, so don't try those. The Vanduul Scythe comes up as an empty hangar area for me as well.
4) Simply changing the ship name to what you want it to be (300i to 350r, Aurora to Aurora_LN) doesn't do anything at this point, still playing around.

EDIT: forgot to add that the ships have full interaction that would be available if you actually bought the ship, short of using the holotable thing. You can walk up to a ship, sit in the cockpit, use the toilet on the connie, etc.
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

matsif wrote:
EDIT: forgot to add that the ships have full interaction that would be available if you actually bought the ship, short of using the holotable thing. You can walk up to a ship, sit in the cockpit, use the toilet on the connie, etc.
does that mean i can lower the cargo elevator and get in the P52?
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:
matsif wrote:
does that mean i can lower the cargo elevator and get in the P52?
I haven't figured it out if it is possible, but I'm not sure it is.
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Cool. I wanted to see the Avenger first hand. I also wanted to see my 325A in better lighting. It looks so much better in the larger hangers :)

Also, two things I've heard about the dogfighting module: it is being delayed so they can implement their own net code. Second, supposedly we will only be able to fly a default ship, or ships we own.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

TCZapper wrote: Also, two things I've heard about the dogfighting module: it is being delayed so they can implement their own net code. Second, supposedly we will only be able to fly a default ship, or ships we own.
from what I'm reading, the DFM will start everyone with a hornet (probably a stock one), and add in ships from there depending on what you own.

hopefully they have a single-player instance where you can fly every ship they add in though, regardless of what you pledged for.
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

matsif wrote:from what I'm reading, the DFM will start everyone with a hornet (probably a stock one), and add in ships from there depending on what you own.

hopefully they have a single-player instance where you can fly every ship they add in though, regardless of what you pledged for.
Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... nbo#t=1208

TL;DW: There will probably be 1-2 ships to start and they'll add more over time, but until your ship is implemented you will have some default ship. After that, you'll only be able to fly ships you own.