[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by Calloutman »

I like that name, it's very catchy! Though I think we should go with "GC interplanetary" rather than "Global Conflict Interplanetary", as we might give the impression that we're a bunch of warmongers if we have the term "Global conflict" in our name.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I think either "Global Conflict Interplanetary" (pretty long)

or just

"GC Fleet"

i prefer the second one. The first one has a more "organisation" tone to it, while the second gives the impression, that we are just bunch of ships. What we do (business, piracy, policework etc) is up to anybody.

BUT GCI sounds more catchy than GCF!
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Chefcook wrote:I think either "Global Conflict Interplanetary" (pretty long)

or just

"GC Fleet"

i prefer the second one. The first one has a more "organisation" tone to it, while the second gives the impression, that we are just bunch of ships. What we do (business, piracy, policework etc) is up to anybody.

BUT GCI sounds more catchy than GCF!
Global Conflict Interplanetary, we do everyonething!

A nice readup on the ship manufacturer Drake released today.
Any Citizen knows Drake Interplanetary: the cheesy billboards featuring impossibly plastic women with garish skin dye jobs leaning over the latest model starfighters....
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

phpBB [video]

Some more info on organizations.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

another good one:
phpBB [video]

cutout of 10 for the chairman (part of WMH, but more direct and less fluff)

some quick points from both videos for those of you who don't want to watch a half hour of video (although I recommend you do!).
10 for the Chairman
-no guarantees that citizenship will carry over between permadeaths
-it's planned that, until you get in close, you won't be able to tell if the ship you are going after is NPC or player
-alien races are planned as playable in future content, with companion single player experience like SQ42
-the next great starship contest winners will be available as pledges, and we'll get to choose what the "roles" will be

Wingman's Hangar
-once you get an alpha slot, you can upgrade/sidegrade/whatever as much as you want
-the cutlass folds up and becomes a hotdog apparently
-multiplayer dogfighting before multiplayer hangar tours
-admin tools for orgs are planned to include a jobs system, org structural divisions, org chatbox/blog/private forums on the main site, a voting system, and calendar
Róka

Post by Róka »

GC Interplanetary has my vote! :thumbup:
ImageImage
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

anyone else get an email today?
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

another bannery thing

linky to full size
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Vote for what type of ship you want to see in The Next Great Starship competition!

None of the choices really stand out as something that isn't already in the game, so I voted mercenary gunship.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

matsif wrote:another bannery thing
linky to full size
Nice :)
matsif wrote: None of the choices really stand out as something that isn't already in the game, so I voted mercenary gunship.
Same here.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

ORG SYSTEM IS LIVE!!!!

I'm drilling up GCI right now.

EDIT: GC Interplanetary is go!
Org Page Here! - still under construction
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Nice!! I've signed up and it seems liek Matsif is right on top of things.

What sort of roles are there within the ORG system?? I'm curious to know!
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

haruky wrote:Nice!! I've signed up and it seems liek Matsif is right on top of things.

What sort of roles are there within the ORG system?? I'm curious to know!
it's still early on and just an initial release with a lot of expansion planned. Currently there are just 6 ranks and 4 roles that give you varying power of control over editing things like the History/Manifesto/Charter, banners, adding a youtube video, color schemes (only 5 set ones atm), and the like, which I'll explain a bit below.

Ranks are currently Recruit, Regular, Experienced, Veteran, Expert, and Master, all the names can be edited. As of right now these hold no meaning except as a sorting tool to enumerate the players, and don't give any privileges, as those are tied to roles. Basically think of these as how ABC is organized.

"Roles" are currently Founder (full admin access over the org), Officer (can manage members/ranks/roles), Recruitment (can manage invites/applications), and Marketing (can manage "branding," which is the banners and manifesto/charter/history stuff). All these names can be edited as well. Since I'm at founder I'm not really sure what the limitations of each of these are. I'm guessing it just blocks off some of the admin tabs, but definitely something we can play with. You can also be assigned multiple roles, so we can give people essentially founder access with 3 roles.

The admin panel gives you 5 administration tabs and a "public view" tab which takes you to the front org page:

-Overview shows org stats (activity ranking around all orgs, size, age, membership, and current/denied/blocked/cancelled invites and applications).
-Branding gives you control over the intro/history/manifesto/charter text, background of the org site and banners, and lets you add a youtube video in the main org page. It also lets you change color schemes (I have ours set on the PMC colors right now because I like green, but open to vote/change) and the org logos (large logo on the left over the banner at the top and a small forum marker).
-Members lets you manage member ranks and roles with member search and sorting by role/rank.
-Recruitment lets you set a recruitment text, whether we are openly recruiting on the site (yes by default, I haven't changed it), and manage invites and applications.
-Settings lets you change a lot of options:
1) set rank/role names (titles tab), the org name (although the GCI tag is set at org creation and unable to be edited, so if we want that to change we'll have to recreate the org)
2) the archetype for the org (sets default colors/font, organization gave full control so I set it to that so we can make things as we want)
3) primary/secondary activities (had to be set at creation, I just put exploration and freelancing but since we plan on doing pretty much everything don't put too much thought into these, there are tons of options but none that just say "we do anything")
4) commitment level (I left as casual, but we'll probably have a mix)
5) primary language (english but tons of options)
6) a role play tag (I set to no as I don't know how much RP yinz plan on doing)
7) an ownership transfer and org delete button

Chart and Fleet View aren't available yet, but I believe Chart shows a flow chart of how the org is organized (like a rank/role breakdown) and fleet view I believe will show all the ships we have as an org, but documentation on that is kinda hazy atm.

We should get together some time as a group and sort out some things to see what access each role really has and play around with making history/manifesto/charter stuff and adding some other things, although there's no real rush as the game isn't coming out for another year or so.

Also, the new chat system was rolled out, so we have our own chat channels for the org and org officers. To use it, you have to go into your account settings and generate an XMPP key before it will work, and right below that you can set the chat to auto-connect to the org chat tabs.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

here are some screenshots of the possible color schemes, which are based on the organization archetype (we can pick any):

Organization
linky

Corporation
linky

PMC - this is what we are currently set at
linky

Faith
linky

Syndicate
linky

note there is no custom color scheme option at this time, so we're limited to these 5.
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

why isnt chat working? it was working in the "beta"