[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by Calloutman »

Ugh, just traded in my 325a for a cutlass, I will now remake my promise to not spend another penny on this game :lol:

EDIT: Also as the cutlass is a short range fighter, I'm still toying with the concept of loading up my avenger with fuel tanks and hiring a cheap NPC to fly it alongside as a fuel tanker... probably more expensive than it's worth though.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
condorfinley

Post by condorfinley »

Pleasantly surprised to see GC is on the Star Citizen bandwagon. I'm an owner of a lowly Aurora MR, bought it late December of last year. I don't plan on upgrading to a better ship, at-least with RL money. I think I would prefer to scrape up my money together and work my way towards something better. Heck, I wouldn't even mind being a crew member on some of the larger ships.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Well there's a lot of people wanting to do several different things so you will have plenty of work to chose from buddy :) although if you want to invest yourself at some risk there is going to be some major *ahem* "redistribution of goods" going on in the background..........
the end is really fµcking nigh
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

honestly if everyone from GC pooled their funds we probably could have gotten and Idris or two. but he have plenty of Connies that will need gunners and pilots for their snub nose
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

time to continue padding my post count with a new TFTC:

-restatement of the goals around making player generated events (finding a new jump point, large battles, etc) into game lore with gamemasters acting as "news reporters" and adding them to a cross-universe news system.
-they are going to write something akin to "death of a spaceman" for capital ship stations and how they work and interact together. question was focused around a commander thing, which will apparently be an RTS view on a large holosphere thing. apparently part of DFMv3
-racing is planned as a game feature (not forgotten), with betting and spectator and such, with a sim mode similar to DFM
-orgs will have shared hangars for the whole org, along with being able to buy ships and loan them out to members, etc.
-updated information on how info gets shared through systems. time for the information to be delivered isn't fully decided but will be variable depending on location you are sending to/from (distance, infrastructure setup) and distance and the like
-you will have magnetic boots to move on ships in 0G, along with wall pushing and such. mainly describing artificial gravity on larger ships in boarding.
-you will be able to booby trap your cargo if you have to space it to avoid pirates taking yer stuff
-alpha stuff won't carry through to the beta (server will wipe). beta might carry through to release later in the beta, not fully decided
-the SQ42 missions after the first set will be designed to take place after you've left the military and joined the PU
-voice chat will work via a hailing system, but you'll be able to broadcast in a short range (although limits will be in place to hopefully hinder abuse).

condorfinley wrote:Pleasantly surprised to see GC is on the Star Citizen bandwagon. I'm an owner of a lowly Aurora MR, bought it late December of last year. I don't plan on upgrading to a better ship, at-least with RL money. I think I would prefer to scrape up my money together and work my way towards something better. Heck, I wouldn't even mind being a crew member on some of the larger ships.
if you want to join in on the pre-game fun, we've set up an org here. Not really fleshed out yet but always willing to accept more people!
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:honestly if everyone from GC pooled their funds we probably could have gotten and Idris or two. but he have plenty of Connies that will need gunners and pilots for their snub nose
Well, how many ships can a player fly at once... 1, how many of us have multiple ships.... Lots of us... How many of those ships need crew members... Quite a few of them. If we really wanted we could probably melt secondary ships and easily afford one. I'd rather wait until the game releases before we start going down that path though.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
Ch4rlesCastr

Post by Ch4rlesCastr »

I've been reading this thread for a little bit because I was very interested when I heard about it and seeing that you guys are actively keeping up with it and what not I find very cool and interesting. I had a question though, the game is still in alpha/beta? I think even a pre-alpha at this point... For you that sound like you're already participating in the game, or have ships, what did you guys buy? Those 30$, 40$, +++ packs that they offer? Are you playing the game right now? Or is periodic, weekend like, betas and alphas?

Thanks guys! :D
"You're never at the wrong place at the wrong time. You're are always at the right place, at the right time because you made the decision to be there." - Hugo Girard
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Ch4rlesCastr wrote:I've been reading this thread for a little bit because I was very interested when I heard about it and seeing that you guys are actively keeping up with it and what not I find very cool and interesting. I had a question though, the game is still in alpha/beta? I think even a pre-alpha at this point... For you that sound like you're already participating in the game, or have ships, what did you guys buy? Those 30$, 40$, +++ packs that they offer? Are you playing the game right now? Or is periodic, weekend like, betas and alphas?

right now it's pre-alpha, with a hangar module released that you can walk around and see some of the ships that they've made, interact with a few pieces, but not much else. At PAX East this weekend they are going to reveal the next pre-alpha module, the dog fighting module (DFM), which will actually be a playable thing. This is expected to release within a week or so of PAX East, but the team already delayed it once so they could get the network back end working, so if they don't feel it's good enough they may delay it again. Basically they are releasing pieces of the game in pre-alpha modules that build on each other and will be part of the full game (DFM will be an arena mode in full game), adding parts as they go.

If you buy the $40 package (aurora MR+), you get access to all of these things, plus when they release the persistent universe in alpha/beta you get that, plus the single player stuff that's supposed to be done at the end of this year. The full game probably won't be ready until at least Q4 2015 to be honest, but if you can stand the wait the game to me at least holds a lot of promise to be truly special.
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

Ch4rlesCastr wrote:I've been reading this thread for a little bit because I was very interested when I heard about it and seeing that you guys are actively keeping up with it and what not I find very cool and interesting. I had a question though, the game is still in alpha/beta? I think even a pre-alpha at this point... For you that sound like you're already participating in the game, or have ships, what did you guys buy? Those 30$, 40$, +++ packs that they offer? Are you playing the game right now? Or is periodic, weekend like, betas and alphas?

If you check the OP you can find a link to a spreadsheet of our current fleet. There are a lot of us who are very interested in this game. The developers have a very different approach to game making in the sense that it is very transparent.
matsif wrote: if you want to join in on the pre-game fun, we've set up an org here. Not really fleshed out yet but always willing to accept more people!
You need to start handing out some ranks and roles!
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

It's been a long time since this whole thing started. I was really hoping they'd have the dog fighting demo out by now. But seeing as how Star Citizen is developing for the Occulus Rift, I can't wait to see the Facebook integration once RSI gets acquired! Who knows, maybe Star Citizen will even go free to play! :twisted:
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

zorplex wrote:It's been a long time since this whole thing started. I was really hoping they'd have the dog fighting demo out by now. But seeing as how Star Citizen is developing for the Occulus Rift, I can't wait to see the Facebook integration once RSI gets acquired! Who knows, maybe Star Citizen will even go free to play! :twisted:
dont you bring that evil in here! RSI wont sell out to FB look at how much money they made on their own for a game that isnt even playable yet. Plus DFM will debut at PAX this weekend
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:
zorplex wrote:It's been a long time since this whole thing started. I was really hoping they'd have the dog fighting demo out by now. But seeing as how Star Citizen is developing for the Occulus Rift, I can't wait to see the Facebook integration once RSI gets acquired! Who knows, maybe Star Citizen will even go free to play! :twisted:
dont you bring that evil in here! RSI wont sell out to FB look at how much money they made on their own for a game that isnt even playable yet. Plus DFM will debut at PAX this weekend
I think it's tomorrow actually.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... East-Event
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new WMH

-no TFTC next week due to PAX East stuff this weekend
-spot on the DFM, including some dev build gameplay! some talk of some of the issues they've been debugging during development as well.
-no forum feedback because they are really hammering away on the DFM
-shortened show because they are all really working apparently.

this was nice after my 12 hour work day. short, not a lot of info, but nice. DFM reveal thursday night and friday, hopefully with some public release dates.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

:cry:
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

PAX East Livestream starts in 2 hours.

This is the DFM reveal. I won't be able to watch it because I've lost the ability to stay up past 8:30 PM after this past week at work.