[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Star Citizen] Chris Roberts is back in the gaming indus

Post by haruky »

Oh, bummer. I signed up about 2 weeks too late for the Golden Ticket. :cry:
Image[/url]
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

#45,925 reporting in!
haruky wrote:Oh, bummer. I signed up about 2 weeks too late for the Golden Ticket. :cry:
I don't think it'll make that much difference in the grand scheme of things. If this game does really take off though it would have been a pretty cool thing to have!
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I think i might be the lowest... ;)

ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Chefcook wrote:I think i might be the lowest... ;)

well I should certainly hope so since you created this monster that I never let die 8)
haruky wrote:Oh, bummer. I signed up about 2 weeks too late for the Golden Ticket. :cry:
as calloutman said it's really just a marker of when you signed up, nothing more. there are some other benefits to it (a ship decal and a yet to be named item), but for this it's just saying you'll probably be in the first roll out of people to get access to multiplayer.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
condorfinley

Post by condorfinley »

#345944...

I think it is safe to say that I won't be flying for quite some time :x
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

condorfinley wrote:#345944...

I *think* you'll be able to do the single player game on release, from my understanding it's only the multiplayer that you'll have to wait for.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Calloutman wrote:
condorfinley wrote:#345944...

I *think* you'll be able to do the single player game on release, from my understanding it's only the multiplayer that you'll have to wait for.
this is correct. from my post a few posts above from CR himself single player is releasing to all on release day. multiplayer will be rolled out based on citizen number in order to stress test the servers.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new TFTC:

shorter episode today, only like 15 minutes and doesn't have a big thank you thing at the beginning

-reconfirmation of some of the medic mechanics and medical bays on some ships
-if someone dies with a death bounty, you'll get the reward even if it's not their last life that was lost (per death of a spaceman mechanic)
-get caught in a breached ship in an area with no life support and no EVA suit? you dead if you can't make it out in time.
-some discussion of the planned tablet app mechanics
-possibly some "scenario editor" thing for arena commander, along with some talk of their plans for the game's direct modding tools
-they (if they want) could make planets truly orbital, so they wouldn't be in the same location each time you entered the system
-some possible hints towards who will be doing voice acting, but they won't announce it until the script is done
-no borders, so if you fly to the edge of the system and "leave" the system, you just fly into dark space
-some discussion on scam handling and player-to-player trading
Marseee

Post by Marseee »

Uee Citizen Record #431711

Dammit xD
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

For those of you who have recently joined Star Citizen and would like to join the GC organization, please let us know!

Also, please sign this form so we can keep track of things as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... WEE6MQ&ifq

@matsif, would you have any interest in being able to edit the titles with updateS? (sort of like what I do with practically every thread I make?) I feel like it'd be easier to post updates and let people know if there is an important update in the latest post you make. I don't know if that'd be too much work or if you'd be interested in doing it, but it was just a thought.
Image[/url]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

haruky wrote:For those of you who have recently joined Star Citizen and would like to join the GC organization, please let us know!

Also, please sign this form so we can keep track of things as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... WEE6MQ&ifq
here's our org page that hasn't been updated since I created the org :oops: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/GCI, feel free to join. at some point we're going to have to have a sit down and get some roles and other things done, but with the game still far out overall I don't think anyone (especially me) has been in any rush. I keep the application page open in a tab and refresh it often enough that you should be accepted within a day or 2.
haruky wrote: @matsif, would you have any interest in being able to edit the titles with updateS? (sort of like what I do with practically every thread I make?) I feel like it'd be easier to post updates and let people know if there is an important update in the latest post you make. I don't know if that'd be too much work or if you'd be interested in doing it, but it was just a thought.
I completely forgot that I had that ability with TA-ship. Next time there's something major (like a new DFM update or something) I'll be sure to do it assuming no other admins have any issues with me editing someone else's thread title. Not gonna do it for my monday-wednesday video summaries unless there's something really groundbreaking in those though.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I did a little edit of the OP when the org went live (not the title though), I've PM'd chef to see if he minds us editing his post further.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Calloutman, Green light!

Fire away.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Chefcook wrote:Calloutman, Green light!

Fire away.
Thanks chef! :thumbup:

I've reworked the OP a little and added some links. Have I missed anything?

Also some very nice artwork from the RSI site!

matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new WMH:

-short interview with Alex Mayberry, new exec producer and former producer for WoW, Diablo 3, and America's Army
-look into the matchmaking system that will be in ACv1. shows some of the menus as well. extended info at the end of the episode after forum feedback
-no quirky rewiring hash jobs on ships as of yet (keeping things together with duct tape, etc)
-down the road it's possible that a modding team could present an idea to a CIG review board and get it into the PU, similar to how things are judged on TNGS
-reconfirmation of the complete lack of any cloaking devices and how stealth will work in the game
-possibilities of new species being introduced on undeveloped worlds down the road
-explosive cargo will be in the game, and if you explode said cargo and are too close to the explosion (ie right next to it) it will hurt you
-touching on some exploration points and the longevity of exploration gameplay
-touched on some points about cargo loading
-touched on jump point camping and issues surrounding it