[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Star Citizen] - Arena Commander Released!!

Post by CekiHappy »

Whoah, how exactly did you get out your ship?
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

There's a platform near each of the main structures in both maps. You can land on them and press F to get out. There's a bug that makes landing hard though, the landing gear goes a bit mental. I'll upload a clip of how to do it later.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Sweet, figured it out and took some pics....

This is how space-cowboys fly their 300i

That and more is here in this imgur album
http://imgur.com/a/QKcVq
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

I lol'd have an upvote :thumbup:
the end is really fµcking nigh
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmOKyztg4Y8

Short video explaining how to do it.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

That''s so cool, I feel you need to do a remake of this
phpBB [video]
the end is really fµcking nigh
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Calloutman wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmOKyztg4Y8

Short video explaining how to do it.
been trying in my hornet to no avail, will have to give it a go again. thanks for the vid :thumbup:

in other news, using the same way to recombine weapons, you can move shield power around. hit F4 to bring up the shield selections in the hud, then hit enter and use the arrow keys to select a shield, then press enter again to move it somewhere else.

Hitting ctrl+f as callout said earlier will lock your weapons to front fire at the crosshair only. This makes steering a bit easier, but loses some weapon ability as you can't manually aim your guns anymore, they get fixed forward. Haven't done vanduul swarm with it yet but I think it will be helpful, makes the steering less sensitive (although it's still sensitive) and a lot easier to maneuver, and feels more like a flight sim since you aren't manually aiming your guns and steering on the same command.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

patch released, adding the TNGS finalists and freelancer variants to the hangar
-everyone can see the TNGS finalists, and everyone was upgraded to the deluxe hangar to see them!
-freelancer variants for those interested. variants are exploration focused (less cargo for better jump drive), military version (less cargo for missile storage, and more weapons obviously), and a hauling version (less guns for more cargo room)
matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: [Star Citizen] - Arena Commander and Hangar Patch Releas

Post by matsif »

finally landed a ship and got out. couldn't do it in my hornet cause the landing gear is so buggy, but eventually got out in the 300i. I decided to float through the big laser things on broken moon, and to my disappointment it did nothing except make me unable to move in any direction except forward.

So now I'm drifting towards the planet, unable to do anything. Space is dark and cold.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

matsif wrote: I decided to float through the big laser things on broken moon, and to my disappointment it did nothing except make me unable to move in any direction except forward.
I call BS, cause i did the same thing and then was still able to move around afterwards (though the thrust/invisible jetpack your character uses is very hard to notice). You can see here in the first 2 pics of my album where i did it http://imgur.com/a/QKcVq
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

300i is currently my favorite ship to play vanduul swarm. got to level 13 earlier with it, those ominsky lasers hit like tank shells. I can't get past level 6 in the hornet, and haven't tried the aurora yet.
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Well I figured out that disabling SLI at a global level instead of application-specific fixed my problem, so I had some fun today.

The 300i is so nice to fly :) I just need to stop over correcting. I find aiming in decoupled mode almost impossible because of it, I usually use decouple mode to flip around and the immediately go back to coupled mode.

I also moved my mass cannon from my 325A onto the trainer 300i. When I hit someone with it, it's worth 500 points, so pretty damn nice. Especially useful when someone is tailing you ;)

Also that MIS is beautiful :(
Mordred
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Mordred »

In the default configurations the 300i definitely is the better option. The Omnisky VI is the hardest hitting weapon out there and it doesn't run out of ammo.
The repeater guns and the Behring lasers feel very underwhelming (even with them not working properly and having infinte ammo/energy and no overheating), I've had plenty of times where I hit a target with 4 of them continuously for 2 - 3 seconds without doing any significant damage.
Most success I've had so far was with a hornet equipped with 4 Omnisky lasers, didn't check though which wave I reached and I quit before running out of respawns.
Unfortunately the nose weapon slots on the hornet don't seem to be working properly yet, energy weapons in those slots don't recharge and projectile weapons don't seem to be firing at all.
Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

TCZapper wrote: I also moved my mass cannon from my 325A onto the trainer 300i. When I hit someone with it, it's worth 500 points, so pretty damn nice. Especially useful when someone is tailing you ;)
yes! I just played with it this morning, the mass driver is awesome with the ominskys on the wings. Gonna play around with some more on the holotable to see what I have that might also be usable.

known to work right now:
K&W 60mm Mass Driver
Badger repeaters (thanks tea!)
Behring M3A (stock on aurora trainer)
Bulldog repeaters (stock on 300i nose and hornet turret)
Mantis M220 gattling (stock on hornet wings)
Ominsky IV (stock on 300i wings)
various missiles

I just fit up my hornet with Ominsky IVs on the nose, badgers on the turret, and mass drivers on the wings. Go Go battle hornet!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Mordred wrote: Unfortunately the nose weapon slots on the hornet don't seem to be working properly yet, energy weapons in those slots don't recharge and projectile weapons don't seem to be firing at all.
I've noticed this as well. wanted to put ominskys in the nose but they wouldn't recharge. I put mass drivers there and they work fine, since they don't seem to use ammo or energy right now.

also to note the nose of the hornet is a class 1 fixed slot, the guns will only fire forward and not track, so you gotta line up your shots and lead right or else you just miss the whole time.

badger repeaters have no sound right now, but also don't seem to use ammo or energy (similar to the mass drivers). they also have a much slower travel speed than the bulldogs, making it hard to get hits even with the green diamond.

battlehornet that I threw together on my last post was slightly underwhelming, mostly due to the badgers. had to get really close to get good hits with all weapons, but hitting an enemy with 2 mass drivers and 2 ominsky IVs was like an instakill (got a 1378 point kill with that setup). think I'm gonna put ominskys on the turret as well since I have some laying around on my 325a.

haven't tried the behring M3As yet but I didn't like how the aurora handled, and if they aren't anything spectacular then I probably won't bother. The ominsky IVs are definitely the best guns available right now as far as damage, with the mass driver not far behind, and since the 300i comes stock with those it's easily better than the hornet in stock config, with the exception of only having 4 missiles instead of 8. I think my next try is gonna be a 3 ominsky 300i with the hornet missiles (to have 8 ) or the 4 ominsky and 2 mass driver hornet I described above.