[Star Citizen] - Spaceships in space est. 2012.

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Star Citizen] - Arena Commander and Hangar Patch Releas

Post by zorplex »

I somehow didn't know about it until last night, but the Next Great Starship finale is being shown LIVE in 2.5 hours on Youtube. Based on what I saw from the past episodes, I think I'm voting for 4Horseman. Their unique engine and interior design sold me.

Here's the link since it's almost impossible to find otherwise.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Join me in the TNGS Channel on teamspeak to check out the newest design of the 2 ships when it goes live!

T-minus 1 hour 15 mins
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

phpBB [video]

Here's the commercial for the MISC Freelancer! It looks great!!!
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

here is a direct link.

phpBB [video]
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

We need a videos section for this thread, and Ceki said the advert was basically a Ford commercial which made me laugh pretty hard :D Also did anyone notice the bumper sticker he had on it? And the fact that the model they used for the pilot was literally the most stereotypical truckdriver ever? It is a work of beauty

EDIT:
Look closely at the freelancers skin in the intro, notice a pirate sticker? Second thing to note, low signature engines.. he doesn't want to be detected. Fast forward to the cutlasses that the freelancer's pilot calls pirates.. notice how unarmed and friendly they were in not disabling him straight away for the loot?
Now plot twist, the freelancer a was smuggling valuables and two cutlass customs officials pull up to scan him, he opens fire and escapes.. Mind = Blown
the end is really fµcking nigh
fulyloded

Post by fulyloded »

Tea-Assault wrote:
Now plot twist, the freelancer a was smuggling valuables and two cutlass customs officials pull up to scan him, he opens fire and escapes.. Mind = Blown
Also, if you zoom in on the transmission for the job that he receives it looks very suspicious.
http://i.imgur.com/JuRAwxX.jpg
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

new TFTC:

-generally hull breaches will be in specific areas to lessen their workload on ship models (which is already extensive).
-stars will deliver heat warnings then ship damage if you fly too close. might add solar flare effects
-no in-depth tools for number crunching as far as stat percentages and stuff for buying items on the market (although CR believes the community will make them anyways, hence that idea being shot down)
-might be auto deductions if you take a loan out from in game banks, so there's no missing payments or something. still up in the air overall. you will have to pay loans back.
-cybernetic limbs and such can get damaged and repaired at facilities for it (planets and bigger med bays) as a similar mechanic to healing yourself or repairing your ship.
-universe economies will generate missions for pirates and smugglers as a "questing" system similar to legal missions (both seeded and player generated)
-discussion of other games that had some influence on SC outside of CR's other games. ripped on COD/BF singleplayer experiences and how single player games have been dumbed down in recent times, while praising games like demon souls that made it difficult. Also said he prefers BF to COD as far as multiplayer (we should recruit him here!).
-orgs can be classified as "terrorists" by the UEE and become targeted in UEE systems and have bounties placed on them.
-our solar system will be modeled with all the planets we have to a large scale. other systems are still being built to be unique with multiple stars and/or planets etc with a lot of variety
-NPC communications will be some sort of options menu for the ships and how you look and other choices as "inner thoughts" for communicating face to face. lots of focus of body language and attitude was talked about.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

anyone remember how i can upgrade my basic Freelancer LTI to one of the variants?
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:anyone remember how i can upgrade my basic Freelancer LTI to one of the variants?
There is an upgrades page in the store for exactly that, I've not used it though so I'm not sure if it'll keep your LTI.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/upgrades
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:anyone remember how i can upgrade my basic Freelancer LTI to one of the variants?
you should just be able to buy the upgrade, and said upgrade should keep your LTI. might want to search around on the site for that one to be 100% sure though. I was under the impression that since the offer for when they release the mustang is a direct upgrade from an aurora to a mustang with keeping that LTI that any upgrades of this sort would also keep LTI.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

looks like a commercial made for truckers. the guy just need to be more fat.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Just for fun, since they are supposedly letting in players by Citizen number, here's mine: #14802

Just some 12,000 pilots in the way of my precious, precious multiplayer.

What's yours?
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

zorplex wrote:Just for fun, since they are supposedly letting in players by Citizen number, here's mine: #14802

Just some 12,000 pilots in the way of my precious, precious multiplayer.

What's yours?
What. YOU'RE A LOT EARLIER THAN I THOUGHT... How is this??
Image[/url]
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

haruky wrote: What. YOU'RE A LOT EARLIER THAN I THOUGHT... How is this??
I just bought into the Kickstarter when I heard about it. I would think most of you were about the same. (I can't wait to take my Aurora into MP. I so want to see how I manage against the "fighter" ships.) :twisted:

Edit: Going back to the first pages of this thread, it's kind of funny how people were slowly dragged into the game. I'm still a bit miffed that CIG is somehow taking twice as long to develop the game with 11 times the original target crowd funding and twice the expected total capital needed to make the game. The amount of feature creep is rather staggering. Looking at the videos from October 2012, the game appeared to be much further along than it actually was or even is now. I don't know if it was just good trailer making/marketing or if they really did restart development late last year like I've seen some people claim.
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC