[CoH2] On sale @GMG for $10. Check OP!

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [Company of Heroes]

Post by TacticalVirus »

gah, as if it's on sale now, I don't get paid until the 27th!

After Duke blew me off on TS for not having it I watched some videos, looks cool, I'll pick it up at somepoint I'm sure.
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

I'm gonna try to get on and play with you guys. I literally have no idea what I'm doing but I'll build some tanks or some crap.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

This is Fields' riflemen having a ... blast. 8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1NRIA4Od0Q[/youtube]
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

Are the expansions necessary? I'm going to miss the sale and with CoH 2 due out late Q1 early Q2, I'm hesitant to drop $50 on CoH 1
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

TacticalVirus wrote:Are the expansions necessary? I'm going to miss the sale and with CoH 2 due out late Q1 early Q2, I'm hesitant to drop $50 on CoH 1
It's a fairly fun game and good RTS, however I wouldn't pay $50 for it - The only reason I have it is that I got it through a humble bundle that had plenty of other good games.

I'm not sure how long it will be played in GC and unless you're interested playing it alone or with others I think it would be a fairly risky buy. We'll probably move on to CoH 2 when it comes out anyways.

But answering your question, I think the expansions are necessary. We've been only playing Tales of Valor so far, which I believe is the latest expansion.

Maybe you could ask someone to buy a few sale codes now and you could buy them from them later at the sale price if you really want to get it? Actually, you could probably find some humble bundle codes on eBay or such for pretty cheap which would you give all the games. I also think haruky may have some extras which he was planning to give out for a tournament and maybe you could persuade him to sell one to you.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TacticalVirus wrote:Are the expansions necessary? I'm going to miss the sale and with CoH 2 due out late Q1 early Q2, I'm hesitant to drop $50 on CoH 1
I've got extra copies that I'm willing to give out. But I really only want to give it out to people who will play for a long-term sort of thing rather than play 1 day and call it quits. Let me know if you might play for a long-term!
Image[/url]
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

Aye, I need an RTS to fill the void, and the 'competitive' multiplay vids I saw looked cool. CoH2 coming out so soon is the only reason I'm balking at dropping $50 on it now. The other reason being the liklihood of GC involvement petering out in a month :|
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TacticalVirus wrote:Aye, I need an RTS to fill the void, and the 'competitive' multiplay vids I saw looked cool. CoH2 coming out so soon is the only reason I'm balking at dropping $50 on it now. The other reason being the liklihood of GC involvement petering out in a month :|
So is this "yes" to a long-term?? :D?
Image[/url]
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

how long does a typical online game takes?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Necromancer wrote:how long does a typical online game takes?
I'd probably say about 20-30 minutes.
Image[/url]
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Oh wait you're playing COH1, heh I thought COH2 was out already.

I AM TEH INFORMED
ImageImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

haruky wrote:
Necromancer wrote:how long does a typical online game takes?
I'd probably say about 20-30 minutes.
really, i think my skirmish against the comp took a lot longer.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Well, when we play vs human players the match can go from 10mins (you know you already lost) to something around 40 mins.
I'd say in 1v1 it's 20-30, and in 2v2 it may go to 40 mins aprox.
Most of the time when one side knows that it's over they usually left the game, but ofc you can find some 10 years old kids that want to play till the final troop is dead (if not playing with flags and vital points)
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i thought you had to destroy all the buildings to win, or the HQ?
i liked CoH because it balances out between the looser and the winner. the more resources you have, the more units you can buy, but they suck up your resources as long as they are alive. while the less troops you have, the faster you can buy new troops. so even though you push someone back, he can buy new troops faster then you.

besides, i think taking out the enemy HQ feels better then for him to simply drop out.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Necromancer wrote:i thought you had to destroy all the buildings to win, or the HQ?
i liked CoH because it balances out between the looser and the winner. the more resources you have, the more units you can buy, but they suck up your resources as long as they are alive. while the less troops you have, the faster you can buy new troops. so even though you push someone back, he can buy new troops faster then you.

besides, i think taking out the enemy HQ feels better then for him to simply drop out.
There is the Annihilation mode, were you have to, well, annihilate the enemy team by taking out all their stuff. Then there's the victory point mode (which is horrible), which is similar to Conquest (you have to hold victory points for the bleed).