H1Z1 - SOE's Zombie MMO

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

H1Z1 - SOE's Zombie MMO

Post by LoA »

H1Z1 is a free-to-play Zombie MMO, similar to DayZ. It's being developed by SOE, the creators of Planetside 2, which is the F2P FPS game famous for its capability of holding huge amount of players on one server with large maps. AFAIK, they started working on the game 6 months ago, and have already managed to complete the core mechanics of the game, that is zombies acting like they should, unlike DayZ whose developers have been unable to fix these mechanics for ~2 years. Also, they're able to have a massive amount of zombies, players, you name it, on a big map, without lag.

Pay-to-win is not going to exist in this game. You will not be able to buy weapons/vehicles, instead, you'll be able to buy different outfits for real money.

What is H1Z1: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2 ... t_is_h1z1/

A short video showcasing what a horde of zombies look like in H1Z1: http://twitpic.com/e23akk
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: H1Z1 - SOE's Zombie MMO

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I've been dreaming of this game for years. I never really thought about it, but planetside is probably the perfect base for it.

Can't wait to see how this develops.
ImageImageImage
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

my first reaction (as well as many others) when they announced it was "eugh, another zombie game"

But the more I hear, the more excited I am. The fact they have announced it after 6 months of devlopment instead of HEY THIS IS OUR IDEA SUPPORT US AS WE BUILD IT FROM THE GROUND UP is so much better. they actually have a showable game. I'm right looking forward to it.

It also gives me something else to use my SOE subscription on other than Planetside 2 :P
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Also another thing:

Frankie said in this video that by paying $20 USD you can get into the game in about 3 weeks from now.

phpBB [video]
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Needs first person vehicles. Running around in first person then swapping to 3p in vehicles.... wot?
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Gwynzer wrote:Needs first person vehicles. Running around in first person then swapping to 3p in vehicles.... wot?
They said that the dashboard of the cars are not done yet, therefore they didn't use first person in vehicles since the cockpits probably look funny right now.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Ah right, last I heard was that 1st person vehicles were "still being considered". That's fine!
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

you can pay real money in real life too for drinking water, taking meds and taking
care of yourself when sick, rest if you're tired, i dont like people sinking into games
who have too big part of real life stuff, then i hear people drawning in 0.5 mtr water pools etc...

if there was a zombie game when they would be like BFV bots and you could naplam them or so..
that would be fun, one bullet one kill? boringggg.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Nice find! :thumbup: It looks quite good for an early stage. With the speed that DayZ is progressing, I will definitely give it a try. I've had enough with early access though, I will wait for full release.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Take in mind it's SOE. Planetside 2 beta was so fun at the time. In many ways more fun than the game as it currently exists with things like galaxy AMS with no spawn radius and stuff. it was totally broken and unbalanced, but oh so fun.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1

Stream up in 15 minutes!
lakefisher1

Post by lakefisher1 »

So they said...
Follow us @gc_org and help support our community!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

It's live now! Devs talking to some "fans"
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Yer I was watching the stream (a 12 hour stream, wouldn't want to be involved in that in any way, watching or as crew lol)

Wasn't much to do with the game from what I saw apart from "here's a feauture we're building watch us do it". Not whne I watched anyway. I'll wait for highlights and gameplay some, though what they did show seemed alright.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Hmmm gameplay. Running zombies have me "ehh" but in this they seem to be running super smooth and it looks like it plays well. Much nicer than DayZ:

phpBB [video]