Battlefield Hardline Preorder Nonsense

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Battlefield Hardline Preorder Nonsense

Post by Kilo »

Very disappointing that they would try to pull crap like this again.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Ya but apparently someone asked if that was the case and they said no.
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

If anything, you shouldn't have to preorder regardless of shitty ass business practice on EA's side. Generally most keystores or even physical stores will get their share of digital deluxe editions you can buy later on.
"fraking game mechanics"
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

It seems that digital deluxe is synonymous with preorder this time, but I can't really tell.
CekiHappy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CekiHappy »

Ya, that's straight up bullshit. If this is still true on launch, i will not be buying this game. Go to hell dice and ea
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

CognitoCon wrote:It seems that digital deluxe is synonymous with preorder this time, but I can't really tell.
I couldn't clearly make it out either, since release is still far enough off that stores don't really have any info or even the game itself on their sites.

From checking out the origin store I didn't see a single mention of digital deluxe being required as a preorder to get the battlepacks containing the weapons.
"fraking game mechanics"
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Well what I noticed was that Digital Deluxe is only available through Origin, at least right now. Regular hardline is on G2A, Amazon, etc.
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Found Deluxe Edition on sale for $40 - http://goo.gl/TaeNfW
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

What a deal!
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Yeah If the game comes out and it's crap and everyone starts playing that, I'm gonna become a pro LoL player and leave y'all out here to drown in your own tears
the end is really fµcking nigh
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

In BF3 and 4 you have access to the weapons from vanilla and the DLCs you own. So you might not have access to weapons when you did not pay more than the base game. I don't see how it was different to the current approach. I does not even "force" you to blindly preorder as it is nothing that is inaccessible after launch.

I've also no hard feelings about day 1 DLCs in general. The amount of content in BF3 and 4 base game was alot. True, it is an expensive game, but only 2/3 as expensive if you buy it on some 3rd party stores, and worth it (ignoring the terrible state of BF4 at launch :). I don't care how they plan their timeline. It makes no difference for me if this is content I have to pay for from the start, or 1 or 2 month later. To fuss about that is stupid IMHO. Just decide if it is worth for you - which it is not IMO. And if you do not preorder you'll know more probably already on launch day.

What I hope is that the weapons are not upgrades over the vanilla weapons. But in the end there will always be weapons from DLCs that are "better", and if they are in an DLC you will have to buy that to use it. For most parts DICE was good in nerfing the OP guns from DLCs to a level where they are not really required to compete. At least on the pub servers. Other environments like GC or ESL just sort out stuff that is OP. I don't remember that we discussed to ban the high damage weapons from DLC cause people could not compete in GC without them.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Kilo wrote:Found Deluxe Edition on sale for $40 - http://goo.gl/TaeNfW
Dammit kilo :lol:
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Something that a random reddit user said and that I agree with is that a DLC with 4 maps, 5 guns, new gamemodes, vehicles and theme is like what $15? And Hardline is trying to sell us 3 weapons (that are a copy n paste from previous games) for $10?
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Ya but zombie, I'm saying that these guys aren't just dlc, they seem to only be available for pre-order so I wouldnt be able to get them later.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

ZombieToof wrote:In BF3 and 4 you have access to the weapons from vanilla and the DLCs you own. So you might not have access to weapons when you did not pay more than the base game. I don't see how it was different to the current approach. I does not even "force" you to blindly preorder as it is nothing that is inaccessible after launch
The difference is that in BF3/4 the base game was the same for all. If you didn't want to buy DLCs that's fine but everyone at least got the same basic (crappy) experience. Now EA tries a new selling scheme. Although we're talking about 3 stupid guns but they're essentially selling two basic game versions.

Also note that in BF3/4 EA used the first DLC as a pre-order incentive. So far there's nothing of the sort for Hardline. Currently the only bonus for pre-ordering is that you get to pre-download the game at launch. Not that I would pre-order the game either way but seriously?!

Lastly, as HGX noted. requesting $10 for frigging 3 guns is quite a leap even for EA.