Battlefield Hardline Preorder Nonsense

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Battlefield Hardline Preorder Nonsense

Post by Fields »

Tea-Assault wrote:Yeah If the game comes out and it's crap and everyone starts playing that, I'm gonna become a pro LoL player and leave y'all out here to drown in your own tears
Bro, I'm pro tier support, let's combine powers.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

It's a progression of current aggressive marketing that people shouldn't blindly allow. Day 1 dlc is added content for extra money; you could always have the option of getting this stuff if you were willing to pay. Now, they're withholding content to force preorders. you'll never get this content unless you preorder right now. This is a trend that I don't want to see grow in gaming. Timed exclusives, yeah okay. Flat out exclusivity to preorders is not. This would open up avenues for developers to inflate preorder sales of potentially crap games.
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

I'm conflicted though. On the one hand, I don't want to support silly business practices and so forth. On the other hand, I know I'm going to end up playing a lot of Hardline and I would hate to not ever be able to use certain guns in a game I was playing a lot. I think I'm going to wait a little longer and see if someone from EA/Visceral comes out and rescinds this pre-order nonsense since there's been quite a bit of outcry about it. I'm not getting my hopes up too much though.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

You make me sad :(

I can't believe that after BF4 people are even considering to pre-order, even without the shady business practices. Wait till the game is released. See that things are functioning properly; what the rest of the maps and game modes are like. What's the rush?
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

The rush is that I'm American and I like guns and they're only available for a limited time man. I do the same thing in real life haha.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

They know their audience :D
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

RazY70 wrote:
ZombieToof wrote:In BF3 and 4 you have access to the weapons from vanilla and the DLCs you own. So you might not have access to weapons when you did not pay more than the base game. I don't see how it was different to the current approach. I does not even "force" you to blindly preorder as it is nothing that is inaccessible after launch
The difference is that in BF3/4 the base game was the same for all. If you didn't want to buy DLCs that's fine but everyone at least got the same basic (crappy) experience. Now EA tries a new selling scheme. Although we're talking about 3 stupid guns but they're essentially selling two basic game versions.
I've no problem to see the standard edition as the basic (crappy) experience.
RazY70 wrote: Also note that in BF3/4 EA used the first DLC as a pre-order incentive. So far there's nothing of the sort for Hardline. Currently the only bonus for pre-ordering is that you get to pre-download the game at launch. Not that I would pre-order the game either way but seriously?!
I don't think it's good or bad that they don't give the 1st DLC as an incentive. I guess people that preorder get premium most of the time anyways. That's why I bought it 3 days after launch for 2/3 of the origin price.
RazY70 wrote: Lastly, as HGX noted. requesting $10 for frigging 3 guns is quite a leap even for EA.
[/quote]

Completely agree. I'm not going to buy that or to preorder. I don't expect them to be any better, or at least hope. But IMO dice cared enough in the past to not make DLC guns straight upgrades (after post release nerfing). So I'm sure that won't be and advantage and am fine if someone stupid enough to pay 10$ extra will get 3 skins to show off.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

Fields wrote:It's a progression of current aggressive marketing that people shouldn't blindly allow. Day 1 dlc is added content for extra money; you could always have the option of getting this stuff if you were willing to pay. Now, they're withholding content to force preorders. you'll never get this content unless you preorder right now. This is a trend that I don't want to see grow in gaming. Timed exclusives, yeah okay. Flat out exclusivity to preorders is not. This would open up avenues for developers to inflate preorder sales of potentially crap games.
I don't find a hint that the deluxe edition is only available pre launch.
Yeah, marketing is stupid.
Don't preorder.
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

One of the twitter accounts said "The weapons are only available for preorder" or something like that, and since the weapons are included in the digital deluxe edition, it could be concluded that digital deluxe is only available for preorder.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I'm with Razy; I'm not in the habit of preordering anything and I'm not about to start. Their content lock won't make me preorder, it will just make me not buy the game. :wave:
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

CognitoCon wrote:One of the twitter accounts said "The weapons are only available for preorder" or something like that, and since the weapons are included in the digital deluxe edition, it could be concluded that digital deluxe is only available for preorder.
Don't jump to conclusions that suits you.
Deluxe edition will most likely be sold after release as well, just like BF4 deluxe.

I doubt EA will stop selling it, they make 10$ more out of it. As long as people will buy it EA will provide. Or rather - theyll never pass on the opportunity to make another 10$. Especially not after release.
Thats what EA does with all those shortcuts and gold battlepack packs. Its just good business.

Their marketing is genius, able to trick so many grown man so easily into preordering this crap.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
CognitoCon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CognitoCon »

Technically, assuming that tweet was accurate, then my conclusion is logically accurate. Now I accept the possibility that that tweet might be inaccurate, but if I assumed that, then I would be jumping to conclusions.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

CognitoCon wrote:One of the twitter accounts said "The weapons are only available for preorder" or something like that
CognitoCon wrote:Technically, assuming that tweet was accurate
Don't you think you may have made too many assumptions you consider "accurate" at this point?

Lets examine that logical conclusion of yours:
Tweet Source:
Spoiler: show
never said it won't be available after game launch or exclusively for those who pre-order the game.
Saying you won't be able to get these guns through the deluxe edition post release is jumping to conclusions that suits you, either because you want it to be true or afraid it will be so.
And spreading false information.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Róka

Post by Róka »

LMFAO
phpBB [video]

the evolution of prepay2preplay is amazing
I mean paying 10 extra bucks before a game releases for gold battlepacks and day 1 dlc, to preordering for exclusive content (even if it was clarified not to be completely exclusive), to just being able to play the damn game before launch...
ImageImage