Global Podcast #15

The website front page.

Moderator: Executive

Hgx

Re: Global Podcast #15

Post by Hgx »

TheNixNick wrote:
Hitman47 wrote: sniper rifles (NOT DMRS) will be limited to 1 per team.
Again, WAT!?
We're sorry for the inconvenient, our general Hitman had too much vodka in a party last night with Boris and Aladeen. :lol:

Ok, I better stop posting, lol.
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Hgx wrote: We don't want 70% of our community running with the same type of weapon but at the same time we want to balance thing a little bit more, make some other guns more useful and at the same time, keep the GC-mode of settings, which is (or was) a mix between normal-core and hard-core.
Just restrict DMRs to recons again :)
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

TCZapper wrote:
Hgx wrote: We don't want 70% of our community running with the same type of weapon but at the same time we want to balance thing a little bit more, make some other guns more useful and at the same time, keep the GC-mode of settings, which is (or was) a mix between normal-core and hard-core.
Just restrict DMRs to recons again :)
Thanks, that sounds like a good and obvious howdidwemissthatoption idea, I'll make sure to share it in the next balane meeting, if they invite me :P
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Necromancer wrote:
Sarantini wrote:What are the arguments for lowering the HP?
BF3?!
Well I don't understand why it was 80% in bf3 so this doesn't really help me
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Sarantini wrote:
Necromancer wrote:
Sarantini wrote:What are the arguments for lowering the HP?
BF3?!
Well I don't understand why it was 80% in bf3 so this doesn't really help me
Im not the oldest guy here, but as far as I know, GC settings have always tried be to mix between hardcore and normal core.
And I must say I like it, DICE knows nothing about game balance.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Since everyone is using this thread to discuss the bans, I'll throw my $0.02 down as well.

Regarding infantry carried laser designators:
I think the PLD should be reconsidered. Its range (against air targets) is smaller than the soflam's range, and its use requires that a soldier maintain line of sight to the target, meaning he can't be lazing things from the safety of cover or doing other things, such as shooting enemies while lazing a target. I think these drawbacks make it balanced. Additionally, it is useful as a spotting and rangefinding device for infantry.

Regarding the MBT LAW:
While I'm OK with it being banned, I think some questions need to be addressed. Was the LAW banned because we think that smart weapons with no lock-on period are stupid? If so, why not also ban the staff shell? Or was it banned because it was bugged, or OP? According to the most recent patch notes, it has been fixed and nerfed.
-Reduced the “intelligence” of the MBT LAW missiles, requiring the player to aim the missile closer to their target before the smart projectile will activate. Additionally, the MBT LAW now reloads slightly slower. Finally, a bug where the MBT LAW would pass through an ACTIVE PROTECTION shield has been fixed.

Finally, what's the idea behind allowing one sniper rifle per army? That seems a little unnecessary, not to mention hard to enforce.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Bock wrote: Finally, what's the idea behind allowing one sniper rifle per army? That seems a little unnecessary, not to mention hard to enforce.
Because of the hit multiplier which was explained by Hgx in this thread already, and to limit it to one since that's how it was in BF2 and then the sniper becomes a strategic component of the battlefield instead of an annoyance.

I'm extremely amused at how lightly the fact that basically everything the community asked to be banned got banned went into one ear and out the other, and how especially important the DMR and sniper suddenly became.

To answer why MBT LAW and not the staff shell, after a lenghty discussion on the meeting with both HCs it was deemed that the staff shell was nerfed and is no longer a problem, however the MBT LAW was still a problem and there is a wide variety of other launchers that can be used to the same effect.

Any other questions?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Damonott
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Damonott »

If the idea is to be as close to RF then a limit due to sniper being able to one shot kill is not bright. In RF a trained sniper is ALWAYS a one shot kill. Also you would be limiting allot of tactical devices that the recon class can use. AKA spawn becons
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

Just as an opinion: For LAW/Staff, leaving staff in is good for infantry since it means tanks might not always run an anti-infantry secondary. With the reduced damage, staff is really only useful for long range engagements anyway (primarily China Rising maps). Also extra shells. I wish they did an ammo pool like planetside :(

The LAW has received some decent nerfs, namely 33% longer reload and being counterable by active protection. Before it was just dumb. Attacking a tank with APS from the side with an RPG had like half the DPS of a LAW. Ultimately, I don't think it really takes much away from the game by being banned, but I also don't think it needs to be banned.

The PLD and soflam are tricky. I don't like that SRAWs can lock onto lazed targets, makes them too versatile. Javelins are already very powerful (3 shot kill, 2 when lazed). Some maps in BF4 are also just terrible for providing cover and can easily lead to basically endless lockons. The only time I felt like that in BF3 was Caspian rush. The extended range that lazing provides makes lockon spam even worse.

IMO, get rid of the soflam and keep the PLD. I'm on the fence on the PLD, so I'd like to see how it works out. I'd also be interested to know the lock on ranges of the soflam vs PLD vs javelin.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Pld lock -350
Soflam - 450

MBT law cone wasn't reduced significantly. Its still too easy to use.
Staff shell has been pretty much nerfed into oblivion. The ability to switch-fire was fixed, the damage was reduced to ~20, and the missile needs to practicaly hit the target for the shell to connect.
Making it useful only for long-range sniping, but in that case the reciving tank can just move and it'll miss.

While i was for reduced health in BF3, because it took a.full clip to the chest to kill a guy, thats been fixed in bf4. So im for 100% health now. It seems like i die too fast as it is.

1 sniper per team? Isn't it a little too harsh? 1 sniper for 32 players?
Recon gadgets can still be used with DMRs, shotguns or carbines. Not every reacon have to use a sniper rifle.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

I still think Hitmans post was non-serious...
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Necromancer wrote:good stuff
I agree with all of that 8O
Primarily that the time to kill is much better in bf4 compared to bf3. As some one from the hardcore minority I don't mind at all if we run 100% health on GC.

As long as no one goes crazy and suggest we actually play on normal preset ;)

On one sniper per team thing: I have the basis for a system that looks at all the loadouts of all players.
I can work on it a bit so that it warns the HC/TAs if any soldiers have banned stuff equipped.
It can't know if any thing is actually used, so it would warn for infantry dudes running active missiles even if they never enter a vehicle with ARMs.
But it could see what class some one are using and what weapons/equipment, so would warn if one team has more then X recons with a bolt-action. Or when some one is playing as engineer and have slam mines.

TAs/HCs contact me if this is some thing that you want, I can have it up and running for the first BD if I get the go ahead this week.
o1oo1
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by o1oo1 »

Arent there server side plugins that screen for banned equipment and such. I mean every pistol/knife only server uses them
e: im assuming cairdasars tool works on info from battlelog
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

o1oo1 wrote:Arent there server side plugins that screen for banned equipment and such. I mean every pistol/knife only server uses them
e: im assuming cairdasars tool works on info from battlelog
afaik you can scan for kills with specific weapons, as well as limit the number of slots for a given class (eg recon).
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Jokerle wrote:
o1oo1 wrote:Arent there server side plugins that screen for banned equipment and such. I mean every pistol/knife only server uses them
e: im assuming cairdazars tool works on info from battlelog
afaik you can scan for kills with specific weapons, as well as limit the number of slots for a given class (eg recon).
Yes I'm using the battlelog api, so it puts no extra stress on the servers, given our track-record with server stability that is a good thing.

The server-side plugins have a hard time finding stuff that don't get kills like ARMs (mostly just cases crashes) and soflams.
Also some equipment uses the generic killed and is hard (impossible?) to check for using the killfeed, I think UCAV are among them.