With Sadness In My Heart

The website front page.

Moderator: Executive

TubEsTeak

With Sadness In My Heart

Post by TubEsTeak »

On Wednesday this week my friends we lost one of the founders, a close friend and just one of the most caring and nice guys you could ever meet.

On Wednesday "Brummie" passed away from cancer.

This thread is meant for those of us who knew Brummie to tell a Brummie story or two ....

I met Brummie a very long time ago now.... probably 20+ years ago.. he loved to snipe... and spot for artillary in Battlefield 1942. One of my best memories of Brummie was when he spotted for Ghoul in Tobruk.... Brummie had 0 kills but Ghoul got +70 ....
That was the kind of guy he was.... the best possible example of team player I have ever seen...

Once in a while he would do something epic in game... like with a large amount of luck... win a knife fight.. teamspeak would go absolutely wild..

God I am going to miss him ......

*Salutes
XCS_TubEsTeak{CO}

DONATE AND BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: With Sadness In My Heart

Post by matsif »

I am normally one to write a book on things. I was speechless when I heard he had cancer. I'm even more dumbstruck now.

Tube summed it up best, I won't try to say too much more. Always one of the kindest people I met here and always willing to go out of his way to brighten your day when he was around, and definitely a father figure to me here when I had struggles in the past. The games don't matter as much as him being a great person to those of us here and someone I always looked up to.

May you find green grass and high tides my friend.

:(
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Róka

Post by Róka »

This breaks my heart
Brummie was a great teammate and for sure an even better person
I'm not big on words as I'm always speechless about this disease, but GC was/is a huge part of my life and it's the people that made it amazing and worth it.
I'll never forget you friend
ImageImage
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

I'm shocked and saddened by the news, although I met him at much later part of his GC ride.
here's something from one of my PM's with Brummie just to support the main idea of what kind of
kind guy we lost:

שלום Digz,
תודה רבה על התרומה.
אני מעריך את זה וישמש אך ורק לטובת GC.

לראות אותך בשדה הקרב.

( PM from Sat Apr 13, 2013)
after one of my donations Brummie felt the need to try and thank me in Hebrew.
saying hello, thanks and that he appreciate the donation
and that it will be only used for GC.
then he signed off with see you on the battlefield.

which we won't anymore.
it was always more fun when he joined TS. salute.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

BRUMMIE was always such a huge part of GC. He was always willing to go the extra mile to do whatever was needed. Whether is was welcoming new comers, speaking to a member who was acting out, fumbling through learning how to control the servers or handling GC's finances, he was a man who could be counted on to step up and get it done.

But more than that, he did it with a gladness in his heart, he genuinely wanted to help others, not because he felt he expected to, but because that was just who he was. Whenever GC went through dark times, as we do when the game gets stale, he would see us through, anchoring us in the storm and keeping our spirits up. If an army had a rough battle day, BRUMMIE would always be there to help brighten the mood, even if he wasn't on that side. The game was just more fun when BRUMMIE was around.

I'll miss you deeply my friend and remember fondly the games we played, the late nights on TS working through issues or just talking and especially all the laughs we shared. :(
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Brummie was the heart and soul of GC. I think he's the biggest reason this place has always been special. The guy had so much personal warmth and decency that he made this community so much better than the trashscape that is most of online gaming. He would always volunteer for the shittiest jobs, deal with the ugliest situations, and make the best jokes at his own expense - all for the good of the people around him.

This is the kind of community that shouldn't really work. We don't have much of a face-to-face connection, we're all from different countries and cultures, and the thing that's supposed to bring us together is a buggy frustrating game who's whole point is killing each other and yelling at each other about it. There have always been tensions and fights and dumb misunderstandings along the way that threatened to break this fragile little home of ours.

But Brummie always kept it together, and inspired the rest of us to keep it together too. He could always be counted on to defuse a crisis, or talk somebody off a ledge, or just say the completely reasonable thing that would shame people into backing off from whatever stupid crusade they were on. He's one of the wisest people I've known and working and playing alongside him has made me a better person. But most of all I credit him with all the fun I've had here over the years. I've been a lurker lately (hey yall!) but I still have the most amazing memories of this place. There is just nothing as exciting as some of those big organized battles we used to have, the 1-0 games balanced on a knife edge taking 45 minutes to finish the last ticket with everyone losing their minds on teamspeak. For all the thousands and thousands of hours of fun I've had at GC, I give thanks to Mr. Brummie.

And I'm really going to miss that accent :cry:
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Certain sadness falls over me when I heard the news. My condolence to the family.

Altho we where out of touch, it hurts my hart that he is not longer among us.
Also outside GC I had the pleasure of his company in Eve online, where we spent hours lost in space. Doing something time consuming endavours, and talking for hours.

Brummie, He was a role model for me in this community. When I was young I joined GC tournement, where I met Brummie.
We have the same point of view on fairplay, structure of command and gentleman like behavior. It clicked and had a ton of fun playing on line. With his guidance and advise I raised though the ranks, from 2nd LT to General and finally Executive.

Next to fun, we dealt with a fair share of drama and stood with each other making the hard calls in good for the community.
He was the beating hart of the GC. I made many friends here, I am still great full for that.

Now he has past away, only to become an immortal legend ................
IcemanX

Post by IcemanX »

Being absence from =GC= for a while and then to hear the loss of an old friend, fills my heart with sadness.

Brummie has allways been the good spirit of the community.

Condolence to the family.

He will allways be remembered as a legend.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Always the good have to leave to early!
Words don't come easy on this one, still shocked on a sunday morning.
Dear Brummie,
Thank you for taking care of this place and let me have more than a decade fun with GC !
To a true gentlemen Person

Everything you hoped for after life shall become true
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I had always thought of Brummie as GC's "Most Interesting Man in the World", I do not know what kind of life he lived, and I'm quite certain he worked in the insurance and damage restoration industry, but by God did that accent not inspire thoughts of secret agents and British diplomacy in action. In fact I believe I insisted on him playing the role of the General in the old GC Movie I had been making and, as always, he was more than happy to help.

No matter how big or small the task, he was always happy to help.

And let's be honest here, who else in GC could place so low on the scoreboard, yet have such amazing impact on the battle like Brummie? He taught me the true value of teamwork here at GC. It wasn't about K/D ratios and dog tags. It was about supporting each other and having fun.

And while many of us came and went, Brummie was a rock in this community, who never let the troubles of the world bring him down.

He once let me work on his company's website for a few dollars during my poor college days, which despite being almost 10 years ago, feels like only yesterday. Without him I would have had myself a long hungry winter. And for those of you that don't know me, my work was shoddy at best. He was just that kind of guy. He wanted to help me out without making me feel like a charity case. It wasn't much money, but the value of his kindness is something I will never be able to repay.

My only regret is that I did not get to spend more time with him in this virtual world of ours.

Rest easy my friend.

You will be missed.

-Dag
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I never had a chance to play frequently with BRUMMIE, but he always had a presence over everything here at GC.. I'm so sad to hear this news... Thanks for everything you did for this community, BRUMMIE..
Image[/url]
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

Even tho I never had such close bound to him I still remember the times when GC was close to get shut down for financial reasons. But deep inside we all knew that this would never happen, coz there was one guy around who stood there like a mountain and took the burden on him...Brummie....I feel like a part of GC has gone with him...

I salute you my friend, while tears cover my face. May heavens be your new home now.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

I have only a few pics from people from GC. I think one of them might be of Brummie. Would love to if someone could confirm it.

He will be missed and my dearest condolences to his family!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

taken from his facebook page

May your cup forever be full my friend. I will miss you.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

:(