Defib killing ppl when inside the bomber - #DICE

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Hgx

Defib killing ppl when inside the bomber - #DICE

Post by Hgx »

Well, I said it hundreds of times, ppl that work at DICE/Battlefield barely test their game before public launch.
This, is another proof.
Edit: no surprise at all.

phpBB [video]
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Defib killing ppl when inside the bomber - #DICE

Post by Necromancer »

Hgx wrote:Well, I said it hundreds of times, ppl that work at DICE/Battlefield barely test their game before public launch.

"No need to test a perfect game".
Thats their motto...

- AA bot shoots down friendly jets on Second Assault/Oman.
- 1911 x3 pistol scope wasn't unlocked as Dice promised. Had to release yet another server patch to fix it.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

Hgx wrote:Well, I said it hundreds of times, ppl that work at DICE/Battlefield barely test their game before public launch.
This, is another proof.
It's a proof that they either have humor or there is a bug. They should have released the game several weeks later, or reduced the stuff they added. I'd prefered the later, but the BF community complains that it's BF 3.5, so they would have lost anyway.

So they released a game with critical bugs in a broken state. Fine to criticize them. BUT: Given the complexity of interactions it's not possible to find all bugs or unwanted behaviors in testing. This is true for much smaller projects than battlefield where you have users that all do the same, where as in BF people try every little thing, and discover a lot by accident like the guy in the video.
Maybe they did not test defibs through walls. Maybe they tested it while implementing the feature, but there are different "walls" with different behavior they did not, or somebody changed the behavior of "walls" later. Or maybe they know that, consider it a bug, but see it as a low priority. I'd support that. Even if they will never fix it.

Beside the bad decision to release BF4 to early, the general problem of DICE is their reputation (or the reputation of EA?), and the community that is picking on any little bit.

People tend to not have fun with games they play these days. I find defibing through walls funny, and will use it quite a bit in pubs. A little tololol every day keeps the doctor away :D
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

ZombieToof wrote:the community that is picking on any little bit.
Amen.

DAE hate this netcode lol?! #EA #literallyhitler #worstcompanyEVAR
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

The netcode is one of the things that IS totally justified to bitch about
It's the most important aspect about a fps
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Sarantini wrote:The netcode is one of the things that IS totally justified to bitch about
It's not what the community complains about, it's how they complain about it.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

why is this thread in new recruits?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I Agree almost all programs never reach perfection. They are 99% done and the last 1% is being finished over time ---> eternity.
But the AA bug i mentioned is something pretty easy to spot, and is pretty big issue. The only way to miss that bug is to not play a single match on that map. I'd call that test a pretty basic QA testing. To see if you can do a 32v32 and finish the game. Thats a basic requirement a game must fulfill before pushing it out.
KoffeinFlummi wrote:
Sarantini wrote:The netcode is one of the things that IS totally justified to bitch about
It's not what the community complains about, it's how they complain about it.
And how are we supposed to complain about it?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

The way I see things it's not so much a question of what the problems are, but what can really be done about them. I mean let's say for example the game became a little bit more complex than BF3, thereby increasing network issues that were already surfacing back then. What can you do about it? This is a pretty fundamental stuff, isn't it? Can they really go back to the drawing board and start from scratch? I honestly doubt it.

As far as I understood things it seems like they're focusing on stabilizing the game. Once they achieve an acceptable level of stability, from their POV, they'd move on.
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

Maybe it'd be a good idea to stop trying to promise the playerbase the great future of tomorrow being here when the technical limitations still prevent them from delivering it. An utterly basic marketing principle is that you work the customers perception and expectations. You definitely don't go out on a limp and promise a bunch of amazing things that you're liable to not be able to deliver. That just gives the customers very high expectations and puts you in a situation where all you can do is disappoint.
"fraking game mechanics"
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

matsif wrote:why is this thread in new recruits?
My bad? :?
Weird tho, I don't think I ever open this section.