Joystick problem Logitech freedom [RESOLVED]

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

tiberian_rebel

Joystick problem Logitech freedom [RESOLVED]

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I recently installed a Logitech Freedom 2.4 cordless joystick. I binded the controls for helicopters and planes. It works regularly when in a helicopter, but when I try to fly a jet, the conrols become inverted and it's damn near impossible to even get off the ground. I've tried re-binding the keys, but it hasn't changed anything. Can someone help?
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Ekhos

Post by Ekhos »

I have the same Joystick it worked fine until I downloaded Euro Forces
now I have the same problem.
ColonelHogan

Post by ColonelHogan »

Did you invert the mouse in the contols section?
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Yeah there's an option where it's marked inversed control or something like that... Take a look at that.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

No, I did notice that and it is not checked.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

try checking it and see what happens? Maybe there's a conflicting inversion somewhere else that's causing the problem?
Hi!
Redman

Post by Redman »

One quirk I did notice with BF2 and setting my joystick bindings was that I only needed to set the bindings for one range and the opposite action was autmatically filled in. This lead to some reversed bindings while setting up my joystick. You may think you are setting the + x axis but in reality BF2 is assigning it the - x axis. This forced me to do some trial and error.

I know this is obvious but when I went to bind my Logitech joystick, I had to be very careful when doing the binding and TEST it while doing it. One of the cool things is that you can easily test and change the bindings while in game so it can go very quickly.

My suggestion is to get in game, check the bindings, go fly. If wrong the hit ESC and tinker with the bindings, hit apply and ESC and do it again till you find out.
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I messed around with the controls and fixed the problem. Thanks
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

[Resolved] added