Getting Started at GC

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Getting Started at GC

Post by BRUMMIE »

Dear New Player,

We would like to take this chance to welcome you to Global-Conflict.org aka Global Conflict aka GC. You have just joined one of the best communities on the net for organized gameplay. At Global Conflict we believe that we are all here for a mature & most important, fun game of BF, and we have made that the basis of our community.

To participate in every battle in the campaigns you will need to download TS (Teamspeak) - we will be getting to that shortly. We guarantee that once you have this done and join us on our servers for the very first time you are going to love what we have created here at Global Conflict.

Due to popular demand we've created this simpler guide for people who already know how to use TS. For a much larger and complex guide about setting up TS, simply go to the bottom of these 10 steps where you will find the original start up guide.

Eight Simple Steps to Starting at Global-Conflict

1. Click here to register an account on our site.

2. We use Teamspeak 3 to talk to each other. To install it, click. Having a microphone is not mandatory, but you do need TS3 to listen!

3. Our main battles are always on Saturday and last from 19:00 CET (1pm Eastern, Noon Central, 10am Pacific), until 01:00 CET (7pm Eastern, 6pm Central 4pm Pacific). During certain Campaigns we may add Tuesday battles - watch the forums for information. For more timezones click here: Image

4. Sign up to an army using the instructions below.

5. Make sure you sign up on the battle roster in your army barracks for the times you will be able to participate. Make sure you check out the battle strategies for every fight in your army barracks or strategy forum.

6. Try to show up on Teamspeak 30 minutes before the match starts. If you can't join at the start of the fight, make sure you check in on TS before joining the game server. Either way, one of the commanders will assign you to a squad and your squad leader will tell you your assignment within the squad.

7. When in doubt, don't be afraid to ask anyone you see for help (although you should ensure they are GC members).

8. Good luck and have fun!

SIGNING UP

Now, this is where your journey really begins, first, you'll want to click this link that will take you to the current active campaign sign-up:
Army Base Camp

Once you've been added to an army, a new forum will open for you that contains Army barracks, Strategy room and Tavern where you hang out.

In the barracks you will see the many squads you can join, simply click on them for further information, some will be air force or spec-ops squad, which may require you to be invited or to try out, some will be basic infantry squads that anyone can join, the choice is up to you, simply read the first post in the squads thread for any info you are required to give, and any info you might require for battles. You will soon be added to that squads roster, assigned a rank, and will be ready to hit the field.

IMPORTANT INFO

If you have any further questions or are having difficulties please feel free to send me a message by clicking Here

In addition, Global Conflict is funded strictly by donations from our users. Unlike other tournaments that charge you to play, the donation that you make will entitle you to a say in how Global Conflict is run¹. There is a minimum amount to donate to entitle you to voting membership rights and that is 10.00 American. You are not required to donate in order to participate in GC but if you like what you see and wish to help us keep this great idea going please donate now. You can donate through PayPal by clicking on this GC paypal account link:
Donate Here

If you are unable to use PayPal you can request the mailing address from Ghoul so you can send him funds by snail mail.

¹: Once we receive your donation, you will be added to the "Supporting Members group" and a new forum will open for you where you can start a motion thread for changing/adding something campaign related.

Thank You

P.S.

Since this post is constantly being updated to suit the needs of this ever changing community, check back often for any assistance you may require.

Written by DaGrooved1 & Redman & BRUMMIE
Last updated by Ghoul on May 23, 2014 during BF4 C2
Last edited by BRUMMIE on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Re: Getting Started at GC

Post by Cheesy »

If you have any questions, feel free to post here for help!
plyrkiller98

Post by plyrkiller98 »

Wat r the battle times in gmt?
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

plyrkiller98 wrote:Wat r the battle times in gmt?
If you live in England the battle starts at 6pm and lasts for 6 hours.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Welcome to the forum PanicSkittle! You can sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17099
batchmax4

Post by batchmax4 »

For some reason when I click the link to the registration thread It logs me out and I cannot reply and join in.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

batchmax4 wrote:For some reason when I click the link to the registration thread It logs me out and I cannot reply and join in.
Make sure you have allowed cookies for the site and also tick the 'keep me logged in' option when you log in.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
thedragonxr

Post by thedragonxr »

what restrictions if any are applied if any?
aka, weaponry,

also what game play styles are played and are they mixed or one style.
Sir_Sidd

Post by Sir_Sidd »

What happens if you cannot make it to your assigned time for some reason?
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

re weaponery/gaming style: you are only allowed to take equipement (Plane/tanke etc.) when it was expressly assigned to you. Your squad leader will tell you what weapons/kits are disponible for use. In general GC does not like lone wolf Wookie snipers, but prefers teamplayers. You might want to ask your division leader for more details, based on your sign up ground/air/tanks ...

The sign up for a certain battleday and time is only to allow the army and tornament leaders to plan the battleday (no good to have a brilliant air strat if no pilots will show for example). So do not worry if you are unable to play. GC is all about fun. If you find time - you show up, you join the TS-channel of your army and ask, if there is space on the server. boom you are playing.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Sir_Sidd wrote:What happens if you cannot make it to your assigned time for some reason?
We don't have assigned times for people here at GC. We ask that you approximate when you'll be available so we can plan ahead for numbers, but if you can't show for whatever reason we know RL comes first. When you are here just ask your CO if it's OK to join the server and then have some fun.
NoEfX

Post by NoEfX »

madcow wrote:
batchmax4 wrote:For some reason when I click the link to the registration thread It logs me out and I cannot reply and join in.
Make sure you have allowed cookies for the site and also tick the 'keep me logged in' option when you log in.
I have done both of these and it still logs me out... what the heck??!?!?!?!?!?! :evil:
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Have you tried using another internetbrowser? If you have addons blocking stuff like NoScript you might want to make sure you have GC allowed.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

NoEfX wrote:
madcow wrote:
I have done both of these and it still logs me out... what the heck??!?!?!?!?!?! :evil:
Hi NoEfx, I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I'll check the database and clear out any sessions in there. That will log you out again, but once you log back in everything should be OK.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

woops, wrong section ^^